Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Late Period, light spotting, cramps, back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

My husband and I recently decided to start trying to concieve (conceive).  The past 2 months, my period (if you can call it that) was "late" - I say that because I have normally had "regular" periods, the bleeding was on the heavy side, a few cramps, etc.   for the last few months, my cycle has been changing (longer cycle then shorter cycle and lighter bleeding) NOW - my period is more like spotting - light enough to barely even need a panty liner.  It ranges from a pinkish color, to more reddish, to brownish, from thin/watery to thicker.  I have noticed (what i think) are clots when i use the bathroom.  This month (for 2 days) i have had bad  painful cramps, nausea, fatigue,  - i have been extra crabby too and today back pain that started this morning, (I had to take tylenol) - not that that has worn off - the back pain is back - and tonight when I used the bathroom - there was a "bigger" spotting of redder (not really bright but not pink) blood on the toilet paper) (I have not had this before ) I took a preg. test last month (negative) and one today (negative) - My husband and i did have sex on what i figured to be my ovulation days.
I went to my Dr last month and was told as long as i am having "a period" i am fine - i don't feel fine this time
Could this be implantation bleeding, could it have been too early for the test (i was supposed to get my period on 11/31 - according to what has been normal for me in the past), could my cycle just have changed?  misscarrige?  I have looked online for answers and am getting a lot of contradiction information
does any one have any suggestions
It could be a number of many things that you just mentioned. How frustrating.  You should test again.  If it comes up negative maybe make a trip into your doctors office. Good luck! I hope everything works out for you
Thanks - I was going to wait until at least the middle of this week (since i tested yesterday) to test again and go from there - you are right it is frustrating - i would just like to know what is wrong!!!  :):)
Just like jjish44 said you should take another test. Then if it comes up negative go to your Dr and ask them for a blood test, they are more accurate and tell early on. That is exactly how it was with my daughter. I took HP test and they came back negative until I was 7 months pregnant. Of course I knew I was pregnant I just wanted to be like everyone else and have a stick that said it lol. But I did the blood test and that is how I found out I was. Well let me know, would love to find out if you are.. I'm TTC now for 4 years and I just started Clomid last week. So we will see where that leads us. Good luck!

Brandi
Thanks - that helps - we have just been ttc since september so not really that long for us - but i will talk to the dr - good luck to you too!!!
Well I hope you get your BFP!!! I go on Friday for my blood test. I'm so excited, but I don't think it will be this month fr me. I hate to sound so down but I've just been trying for so long and used to so many let downs, you know? But we will see! Keep me posted! Would love to know if this is your month and GOOD LUCK!
I m one day late and I have period pain back pain and no period. I had sex during my ovaluation. Am I pregnant or what I m trying for a baby but I don't want to get my hope up cause I have been getting misc