Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Letrozole after Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Letrozole after Clomid

I am 29 years old, and have 2 beautiful girls ages 6 and 5. After I had my second daughter, I had an IUD put in, because I got pregnant while on birth control with both of my girls. So in October of 2009, I went in and had the IUD removed, thinking I would be able to conceive right away. My periods were so scattered, I only had 3 periods from Oct 09 to Oct 2010. I went in in Oct 2010 to a fertility specialist, and found out that the IUD had totally shut down my system. He started me on Clomid, and over 2011 I took clomid for 8 cycles. I had an ultrasound in Dec 11 and found that my body wasn't responding to the clomid the way it should. So this cycle he is putting me on Letrozole, and Dexamethasone, and also a trigger shot. I have been very blessed with the children I have, but we just don't feel as though our family is complete. I am very discouraged, and I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with taking Letrozole after clomid? And btw... I HATED taking clomid, it made me feel like the incredible hulk, one min I would be fine, the next I was very mad and moody. Any side effects with Letrozole? Thank you for your imput :)
Hello I took 50mg clomid for 6 months with no luck. So my doctor sent   me to a fertility sp. He put me on leterzole I was on it for three months with no luck. So with our insurance not covering that doctor I went back to my obgyn and he has put me back on clomid. I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years. We have a son that is 5 it was a great pregnancy he weighted 10 pounds. I am 25 and my husband is 32 don't know what's going on I pray everyday the become pregnant. Good luck with you and I hope I helped with your question.