Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Letrozole-femara 5-9; can I get pregnant??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi everyone, this is my second cycle for femara_letrozole, I started last monday finished Friday, but I was told from my doctor to go tomorrow to schedule ultrasound, then I'll do Ovidrell tomorrow Monday, but I kind of changed my mind, right now financially I'm not ready. And Ovidrel cost too much, my question is, can I just have the Femara and have sex, maybe any luck of getting pregnant, I want a baby, but right now it's on God's hands. My plan is to try this whole week to have intercouse and see what happens, I also have PCO which is another drama,so I just need some comments on this. Do I need that Ovidrel to get pregnant, or has anyone gotten pregnant with just that Letrozole? thanks.
I just completed a cycle of femara-evidrel and had an IUI this past weekend.  I got one shot of Ovidrel from a mail order pharmacy that my fertility clinic uses for only $44.  It is FreedomFP, the number is 1-866-LETS-TRY if you decide to try it.  Let's hope that you have luck without it.
Hi, I was reading you comment about using Fermara and Ovidrell. I am on my third round of this. I used Ovidrell the first month and it cost me $87 for one shot. I told my Dr that I could not afford that each month, now they prescribed HCG shot, it makes the foliciles release just like the Ovidrell, only differance is that you have to mix it. The Ovidrell is much easier, but mixing is easy too and its about $35 less than Ovidrell. I also have PCOS and have been trying for almost 3 years. I have had one miscarraige (miscarriage). My Dr said I need one or the other shot to release the foliciles. He gives me high hopes that this is going to work. Hope this helps
Hi, I wish you all the luck that thier is, I am doing my first treatment of Femara and not sure if it is going to work or not.I have had 7 miscarriages and one tuble so now that i found the right Doctor he thinks this will work,If anyone one has any advise for me on this please feel free to write me at any time. Cause I don't know how this is suppose to work, It is all so confussing to me. Thank you                                           by Bridgett08  april 13,2008
Wow...we all sound in so much of a similar situation.
I am another one of mild PCOS...have completed 3 rd cycles of femara+ovidrell+IUI.....no luck so far...but I guess I do need a ovidrel shot because on CD12 my folli is around 28-30mm and still not released. I am 31 never been pregnant and have been trying for 2.5 yrs....waiting for my lucky day to come.
And for the ovidrel cost...i wud agree i pay around 80 bucks each cycle on it...would love to get that reduced. I will try to call the number trying4second.
I am in a similar situation as well, I was just diagnosed with mild PCOS and am on my second cycle of femara...I used ovidrel last month (which was $97 i think ugh!) and my follie still didn't rupture or release.. they said that novarel (or just the generic- hcg shot works better than ovidrel for lots of people especially with pco). I think it was $50 this month for the generic Novarel (HCG 10,000units) so Myabe you can find the ovidrel online or get the generic hcg for a cheaper alternative.. I think you defintely still might have a chance without the trigger, however people with PCOS do have problems releasing the egg (follie rupturing) so your chances would be better using a trigger i imagine!  GOOD LUCK!
I got pregnant on my first month of taking Letrozole without the use of Ovidrell.  It ended up a tubal which ruptured and I had to have my tube removed. I'm now on my third try with Letrozole and no luck. Just wanted to let you know it IS possible to get pregnant on just the Letrozole. And don't let the tubal scare you...my tube was blocked so that's why it happened to me.