Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Looking into Tubal Reversal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Looking into Tubal Reversal

I am a 28 yr old mother of three beautiful daughters, I was in a bad relationship and felt that a tubal ligation would be my only chance at not getting pregnant during the relationship. That was almost 8 yrs ago. I had a tubal cauterization done and am now desperate to get a reversal. My Insurance is Blue Choice, and I am not rich, but I am not trying to go to the butcher if ya know what I mean. I guess my question is "Does anybody out there know of a good "inexpensive" doctor whom may perform this type of surgery?"
Hi Liz,
  Google chapel hill, the do it for 5500.00 plus or minus.
Good luck
Melanie
Thanks. Have you had experience there? I will do some research and see what I can find =]
Hi Liz,
    I don't have experience with them, I felt like I wanted to stay closer to home. They are in SC. I thought maybe you were closer than me. Good luck, I am currently recovering from my TR on Friday.
Melanie
Hi Lizzy- I just had my Tubal Reversal 6 months ago and it was a great experience. My hubby and I flew to GA at Lakeshore Surgical Center and stayed for 2 nights in a hotel, had the procedure done in 1 1/2 hours and recovery time then they check you before you leave. The doctor was knowledgable, the staff is friendly and professional and the facility is clean. They accept Credit Card, Cash, some inusurances, payment plans and medical financing. We chose the medical financing. The entire procedure, hotel stay, medications and everything needed is included in the price $6900. They even do the dye test to make sure your tubes are open before you leave. I have a dr appt next Wednesday for an HSG test which is a dye test to make sure my tubes are STILL open just incase they may have gotten blocked or closed during the healing process. I was back to work after 2 wks from the surgery. After my test next week, we are praying we get pregnant so keep your head up, you will have your bundle of joy before you know it.