Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Low Libido

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Low Libido

My husband is 25 years old an has absolutely no sex drive. We've been married six months, and this is becoming a big problem, especially since we want to have children. I've tried as hard as I can to be sensitive to his needs, talking with him very gently. He doesn't know what's going on, and this is starting to affect our relationship, at least on my end. Any ideas about what's going on?
This could be a hormonal issue.  Ask him if he would be willing to get his hormones checked.  There are urologists that specialize in male sexual issues.  
I think that may be connected to low testosterone levels.  Like SDScientist said, he should have his hormones checked.  A simple supplement may solve the problem.
I know how you feel! I just got married in June and my husband is the same way. We just had a semen alalysis done and we found out that he has a low sperm count, shape and # of good sperm. Like the others said the Dr advised us to go  see a Urologist. Were going to wait till the new year. I really think my husband may have a hormonal problem and that could be why he has no sex drive too. I wish you luck and I know how you feel! I would definatly get it checked out.
iam a man of 25 iam a bit over weight and smoke and recently i have lost my sex drive all togehter.
it affecting me in every day life and my relationship a cant talk to my gf about it as she will think it has something to do with her which it hasnt i have no desire to sleep with her or any other girl at the moment.
i have never been like this can some one please help me?
hi there:

like the other posters said above, it's likely a hormone issue.  If I were you, I'd make an appointment to see a doctor and have your hormones checked.  If you don't have a doctor, it's pretty easy to get one.  Do you have insurance?  If so, you can just select one that they recommend.  

The smoking may have an effect on libido but probably not to a significant extent.  Are you taking any medications?  Anti-depressants or anything like that?  
Im 25 i have lost my libido ive been to the doctors an had blood works an everythings come back fine so it wos no help at all an im at abit of a loose end need help