Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Low progesterone after Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Low progesterone after Clomid

My progesterone was SUPER low- 0.57ng/ml 10 days after stopping clomid.  I suppose that means it didn't work.  :(  Anyone w/ similar experiences?  This was my 1st round with Clomid.
hello megan i been on clomid before, i was like for three month and it never work then i tried it, at my own risk also did not work. now they have something new the doctors are not trying clomid alone anymore, now the doctors are trying clomid from 3 to 7, estrogen 8 to the morning of day 12, and after that prochieve 8%, the doctor told me is easier to get pregnant with the medication combine,and if you get pregnant you need to stay on prochieve for 10 weeks straight. talk to your doctor. im on my day 8 and today was my first day taking estrogen yesterday was my last day taking clomid. hope fully this would work for me but for what i heard clomid alone is not too much help. is only a 15% chance of getting pregnant. good luck
Had you ovulated when you had your progesterone checked?  If not, then that number is not too for pre-ovulation.  Ovulation is what triggers the body's production of progesterone, so if ovulation has not occurred (which would be indicated by a thermal BBT shift or pinpointed by using OPK's) then the numbers are fine.  If AF has started and no ovulation has been indicated then obviously the clomid didn't work. BUT, clomid can delay ovulation.  Is there any specific reason you had the progesterone level taken at 10 days past clomid, instead of 7 days past ovulation?  
I am on my second round of clomid. The first round 50mg my progesterone level was .49 when I went for my CD 21 blood work. Ovulation was pretty much non existant. I've read a lot where some women have no response to 50mg but once they move up in mg they have sucess O'ing.  

I am on 100mg this cycle but I don't go to have blood work until Monday. I'm hoping that I'm one of the lucky ones where I will respond to the higher dose.

Good luck to you!

And many baby wishes to all you girls!
Willsmom-  this is my 1st round with Clomid and I was soooo confused on what the heck to do.  I thought the Dr. told me to wait 7-10 days after stopping the Clomid- was that incorrect?  
What cycle day are you now?  Has AF came yet?  If not, keep BD'ing and I'd definitely invest in some OPK's.  If AF shows, then the dr. will most likely bump your dosage up.  I, for instance, take Clomid CD 5-9, but I don't O until CD 18-19.  My doctor has me get my progesterone checked 7 days past ovulation (when it normally peaks).   I'm not sure what your doctor meant, but you might want to call his/her office and double-check.  My dr. says there's no reason to have progesterone level checked if you don't get a +OPK (which she doesn't suggest doing b/c they can be inaccurate and costly) or a sustained thermal BBT shift.  Has your doctor suggested taking your BBT and charting?  This has been EXTREMELY helpful to me and my dr. in trying to pinpoint where the problems is and the best thing about it is that it's free.  All you need is a digital thermometer :)  

I'd double-check to see what your dr. said for sure and if AF hasn't come, he/she might want to induce AF with Prometrium or Provera and then start over.  Hope this helps.