Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Low testosterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Low testosterone

Does low testosterone indicate low sperm count? I have gotten a girl pregnant twice one was less than a year ago. Could miscarriage indicate a problem with me?
sorry I'm a 26 year old male
I think low testosterone can effect your sperm count. My DH has a normal to low testosterone levels and he was given clomid to help it. Not sure if it's working yet. We have to wait 3 months to see. Good luck :)
Miscarriage could be cause by either the egg or the sperm...or neither. But either way, a miscarriage is usually just bad luck. Something could have gone wrong when the egg and the sperm met, for example, so that the chromosomes are off. As for your sperm count, if you've gotten someone pregnant twice, I would think you're OK. Low testosterone can indicate lower sperm counts, but in your case, it doesn't sound like you're having any problems. Are you trying for another?
Why did he get tested? Was he having any symptoms of low testosterone? Have you guys ever been successful in conceiving. I am sorry if I am prying into a touchy subject it is one for me too. I read clomid is a serm or an estrogen blocker and also heard it is weaker compared to nlovadex? I think that is how you spell it. I read guys that weren't successful on clomid were successful on it so hope that helps. I also heard about guys using hcg to help jump start their natural test production. I am in the low normal  range too and have some symptoms of low testosterone, but they are improving with lifestyle changes. I just retested today so hopefully they went up. The last time I tested I was under alot of stress and lost 20 pounds in three weeks so I am hoping that had something to do with it. Fingers crossed. Anyway I want to have kids and later if the problem persists I guess I will go on TRT, but it is permanent so it is going to have to get alot worse. The thing I hate is when you research the problem there is not that much positive literature out there mainly replacement therapy. But from going on the bodybuilding forums I have found many guys who have at least doubled their testosterone naturally. Good Luck to you too :)
We are trying to save money to buy a house and we are trying to get healthier before trying again. The last time my wife and I miscarried we had these things in our minds that maybe if we did them differently it wouldn't have happened. It was really traumatic so this time we are going to do everything in our power.  We didn't have insurance at the time so she didn't go to the doctor until after miscarrying. She had a blood test and the doctor said her iron was really low so she gave her prenatal vitamins. I had some symptoms of low testosterone so I got a blood test and found out I have low testosterone. I quit smoking, went on a diet and am exercising. I gained four pounds of muscle in a month I plan to continue gaining mucle mass and then cutting my fat in about a month. It is kind of hard to lose weight and maintain a diet that promotes an increase in testosterone. But I read muscle helps increase testosterone and burns fat so I am trying that. I am overweight and have been unhealthy until about three months ago so that may be the root of my problem. We also have good health insurance now. Thanks for asking what about you what is your status?
I've never heard of nlovadex. i'm learning as we go. We dont know why his testosterone is low. The DR said it's still in normal ranges but it's on the lower side of normal. I think the main reason his sperm count is low is because he has a varicocele.Our DR I guess is just trying different things with us. I'll let you know next month if the clomid works or not.
I have read that a varicocele can contribute to low testosterone and a lower sperm count. As for your hubbies testosterone levels the ones that really matter are the free testosterone levels or the ones readily available for use. I have other symptoms of low testosterone too so I am working on that. I retested my blood and I am waiting on my results. Anyway good luck and do let me know. I'm curious about my options if i face the same situation.