Aa
A
A
Close
1939607 tn?1324292900
Lubricants kill sperm? Truth or Myth?
Hello!

My husband and I decided to try for a baby.

Since I have a history of UTIs caused by (rough) sex, my doctor suggested always using a lubricant while having sex. The truth is that since we started using lubricant (Duo or DUREX most of the time), our sex life has improved dramatically and I haven't had any UTIs.

Unfortunately, I came across an article that wrote that lubricants "kill" sperm and hinter conception.

I am really worried now.

My doctor says that this is about lubricants that contain spermicides. According to the labels, neither Duo nor Durex lubs contain spermicides.

What should i do?

Should I opt for no lubricant and risk getting UTIs or should i stick to my lubricants and risk not having a baby?

Has anyone got pregnant despite using lubricant??
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1413149 tn?1344007627
regarding to what i know that lubricant does not affect the sperms... did your husband did sperms analyses ?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1756475 tn?1330542313
Many lubes actually have a spermicide in them.  Read the contents on the packaging. There are really only a couple out there that don't.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1346146 tn?1299364097
There is only one lubricant on the market that doesn't kill sperm.  Its called pre seed.  All others have ingredients that are not sperm friendly.  Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources