Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Lyme disease & pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lyme disease & pregnancy

I have recently discovered I am 5 weeks pregnant, whilst my husband and I are very happy my husband is currently suffering from lymes disease and is being treated with doxycycline. I want to know if his illness and medication will effect the fetus in anyway?
Hi there,
Lymes disease is not contagious and cannot be spread from person to person. But precautions should be taken to prevent spread of the illness through modes of transmission like blood transfusion. Transmission of Lyme’s from a pregnant woman to her unborn child may occur but proven cases are rare. It does not cause any birth defects or fetal death. It is best to consult a gynecologist and disclose about your husband’s illness. A general examination and assurance will help.
Take care and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank