Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
MENSTRUAL PROBLEM OF MY CHILD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

MENSTRUAL PROBLEM OF MY CHILD

My 12yr old daughter just had her first menstruation about 2 months ago. Actually I didn't knew that she had already because she kept it hidden from me. But after one month and a half that she had it she began to tell me because she was already afraid why her menstruation comes after every 15 days. I brought her to the doctor and had her all lab test taken. All the results shows that she is fine but only as the doctor said she is very weak. Is this possible that because she is not that healthy is the result of her menstrual disorder? Can you please guide me on what to do to correct her menstrual cycle?
i have never heard of this before i know that for some females your menstrual isnt normal until you hit age 18 and even age 21. i use to get my period at the beginning of each month and again at the ending of each month sometimes falling into the next month i didnt understand it but then i realized that i wasnt having two periods in one month it was just the timing of when my menstrual was coming that made the days when i got it clash she could take birth control to control her menstrual cycle.
If she is very weak, has the doctor ruled out anemia?  It is easy enough to act on this possibility, you just need to buy your daughter a multivitamin with iron in it, or an iron supplement (sold as a vitamin), and see if things improve.  Did the doctor talk about this possibility?

Don't be too hard on your daughter for not telling you.  I didn't tell my mother for several months after my first period came, since she was very Victorian about these things and hearing her make a pronouncement about me now "being a woman" was very embarrassing to me.  Give her some slack in this regard.  :)
thank you so much for your help. i really appreciate your concern..GOD BLESS
Yes, the doctor said she is very weak and frail. Doctor said she must eat more nutritious food. And, yes, I will give her multivitamins with iron. I guess she is just like me when i was younger, i too had an anemia...Thanks for your good answer and suggestion. I really did appreciate it.