Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
MISSED PILLS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

MISSED PILLS

I HAVE PCOS AND FIBROIDS (3 IN THE UTERUS WALL AND ONE BIG ON TOP). I DID A HSG TEST ON WEDNESDAY AND RESULTS WERE ALL POSITIVE. AUG.2009 MY WEIGHT WAS 253.8 TODAY 231.6 WEIGHT WATCHERS. I WAS PUT ON ZOVIA BIRTH CONTROL PILL TO REGULATE ME SO THAT I COULD TAKE THE HSG TEST. I HAVE BEEN TAKING THE PILLS DAILY WITHOUT MISSING FOR THREE MONTHS UNTIL THE  THREE DAYS OF OVULATION 5/18,5/19,5/20 TODAY... IS THERE A CHANCE THAT I COULD BE PREGNANT? I STARTED SPOTTING TODAY NOT BLEEDING AT ALL! I MAY BE WRONG BUT I WANTED TO ATLEAST TRY SINCE I AM TRACKING OVULATION AND WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING WITHOUT CLOMID ETC. WE HAD SEX THE 18TH,19TH A.M AND P.M,AND I WILL TODAY ALSO.
Am I understanding correctly that you stopped the pills in the middle of the pack for the three days that you thought ovulation would occur? If so, sorry, but I don't think it works that way :) If you were on the pill for three months, stopping for three days would NOT make you ovulate at all, it may just mess with your period coming... I don't know the specifics of your case, but in my situation (PCOS also), I do not ovulate AT ALL and was on birth control for years b/c otherwise I would not have any periods at all, with or without birth control. So I guess what I'm saying is that birth control will not make you ovulate but will only balance out your hormones to artificially induce your period at the end. I wish you best of luck :)
IT IS TIME FOR ME TO OVULATE TODAY,I MISSED THE LAST THREE PILLS...SPOTTING NOW...
HAD SEX LAST TWO DAYS NOT TODAY
PILL ONLY KEEP THE IMPLANTATION FROM TAKING PLACE, WHICH PREVENTS PREGNANCY...
It might depend what pill you are on, but most birth control pills work by altering the hormone balance to prevent ovulation. They say that the first month off the pill you are likely to have good ovulation because it was suppressed in the previous cycles. Someone I know who did this took the pill for a month and then did not take it at all the next month. I have not heard of stopping the pill mid-cycle to try to induce ovulation. You might want to check with your Dr. about when the best time to stop the pill to increase chances of ovulation is. Good luck!