Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Mammogram

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Mammogram

Does the mammogram screening x-ray affect the conceiving? The baby could have conceived on Nov. 22nd and I didn't know till I got a BFP on Dec. 15th. So, I went in for a mammogram screening on Nov. 28th.  They x-rayed the breasts.  I don't know if it really affects that, actually that I have an abonormal pregnancy which is that the dr. did not see a gestational sac at 8 weeks, wondering if that is the problem why. When I saw the form that filled out before going in said "if you are pregnant, please form us, check in the box."  My pregnancy was a surprise gift. What do you think?
I think God is on your side.
I did a chest x-ray when i was in my TWW last cycle for my annual health check up..and i remember my doc getting angry at me for doing that...and on the x-ray room door, there was a poster which said " Mummy dont do it if iam there inside you"..

Ofcourse i saw it after finishing the x-ray! but my af arrived on time last cycle..

Not meant to scare you, it was my expereince...

PS: Oh! my doc also said one more thing in my TWW " anyway  its too early for the radiation to do any damage..so i think first 1 month is ok for x-ray..
Yesterday I went for a mammogram anf the tech asked if I was pregnant. I told I was trying, but i was not for sure. She said that I had to be absolutely positive because the radiation can harm the fetus. I told her I was on cd 8 and did not ovualte yet so i doubt if I was pregnant, she had me sign a waiver saying that I was not pregnant. Just thought I would share this with you. but i think you should be okay!