Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
May IVF cycle support

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-387 comments:
Regal and duckie - congrats on your BFPS!! so exciting.

I have my 5 day transfer scheduled for tomorrow and am extremely nervous. I hope i get a couple eggs that have become blastocysts. Did any of you transfer on day 5 when eggs weren't blasts?
So I started to freak out a little yesterday and then again this morning.  During the day yesterday when I went to the bathroom a couple of times I had some light pink on the toilet paper and on my pad. That quickly went away and all last night there was nothing.  So I was hoping that was implantation bleeding. Then this morning there was very light brown in my pad and on the toilet paper when I wiped.  Can this still be some implantation bleeding? I'm actually feeling ok. No cramping yesterday or today. Just very tired and my nipples are a little tender from time to time and I'm totally uncomfortable in my bra all day.  Don't have my blood drawn until June 1st which will be 1 days post a 6 day transfer.

Congrats to everyone who got their BFP yesterday. I'm holding off taking a HPT until Saturday which will be day 11. I thought by then it should show up positive if I am pg.
It is ok to have spotting or brownstain. These could still be the implantation bleeding. Just relax, I know it's easier said than done. Been there few days ago, 2ww can be stressful with all these small signs n sypmtoms. Good luck.
Mystery77 - Good luck with your first scan tomorrow!!

Regal641, Morenike, Duckiebearie - Congrats on your BFPs!

Faithandhope2009 - Thank you so much for your answer.  I went for my first scan yesterday.  I had 6 measureable follicles and 35 that were less than 10mm!!  The nurse said that if they all matured I'd look like a beach ball!  They lowered my dosage and I go back tomorrow.  My E2 was 735 which seemed high so I asked the nurse.  She said it was a little high which is why they lowered my dosage but they aren't very concerned.  
I'm hoping it's implantation bleeding. This is my 2nd IVF round. Last time I had bleeding, a very slight red flow.  I wound up miscarrying.  But I'm hopeful to think that having the very light pink and light brown is a good thing.  I'm a little crampy now. Trying to sit down as much as I can at work but that's hard since I'm a social worker in a nursing home and have to be up and moving most of the day.  Everyone at work are being so helpful bringing me charts to my office to work on so I don't have to lift anything.

Faithandhope2009 -- WOW!! 35 follies! I never had more than 10. I did 5 medicated IUI cycles before moving on to IVF and I was always hoping to have a ton of follies like that but even with the mega doses of meds I was taking this round I only had 5 eggs retrieved, 4 of which were mature.  Good luck!!
Ok, still having some light brown discharge so I took a HPT last night when I got home from work (day 9 post a 6 day transfer) and it was BFP!! Took another one this morning and the line is even darker!! I can't believe it!! My official blood work isn't until Tuesday but now I'm feeling more positive.
How did the transfer go yesterday? Keeping my fingers crossed.
Congrats! if you have test HPT. just be careful from now on..dont do anything strenous and wait for the final Blood test to see the most accurate and final results.
Congratulations to all those who got their BFP's - lets hope there are lots more of them to come!

Had my first scan today.  10 follicles measuring between 8mm and 10mm each.  My medication levels have been kept the same and I need to go back for another scan on Tuesday.  Was told to drink lots of water and only mild exercise from now on!
Foxy - transfer went really good. they transferred 2 blasts and I had an additional 4 frozen. I am hoping and praying that the blasts are sticky and I get my BFP just like you! CONGRATS!!!!
Kris71 - Good luck for sticky babies!!

I had my second scan today.  The nurse just called and I have 19 measurable follicles!!!  I go back tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I have to go every day now until trigger.
thanks guys!!  my beta was only 60 12dpt3dt, so I'm a little concerned, that coupled with some light bleeding today (13dpt3dt) - was hoping for twins so we could end this torture!!! ;)  

hope-19 is awesome!!  congrats!
kris- my fingers are crossed for stickiness!!!  i'm so happy you were able to freeze 4!!
congrats duckie!!!
foxy-i'm in the same boat as you-so stressful-we'll be fine damn it!!!
All that light pink dicharge from Wednesday stopped and so did the light brown discharge that I had on Thursday.  Nothing since! I gave in and took another HPT test this morning since I was originally supposed to have my blood drawn today.  I'm not having my blood drawn until Tuesday because if I did actually have it drawn today, they wouldn't have been able to get me the results until Tuesday and I didn't want to wait on pins and needles all weekend.  The test this morning had a nice DARK line! WOO-HOO!! Trying not to get too excited since anything still can happen this early on.  But all the tests I took last time I did IVF, the lines were never this dark this early on. Today is day 11 out from a 6 day transfer. So keeping my fingers crossed!

Kris71 -- that's awesome! keeping my fingers crossed for you. Glad to hear you had some to freeze so when you do another round you don't have to be stimulated again.

regal641 -- don't worry, 60 is still a good number. you want to see it double every 48 hours.

Sticky baby vibes for everyone!!

Avatar n tn
Hi everyone,
I have a question for an embryologist if there is one on here..
I was scheduled for a day 3 transfer. I was at high risk of OHSS so on the morning of scheduled transfer the Doc decide based on bloods taken that morning that transfer was not going ahead.
At that stage I had one 8 cell and one 9 cell.
They chose to freeze the 8 cell on day 3 and leave the 9 cell to go on and eventually became a Blastocyst which was also frozen.
So for my frozen Embryo transfer, is it possible to transfer both the Blastocyst and 8 cell at the same time?
Also, why did they not just leave the 8 cell to potentially become a Blastocyst?
Hi all:
Hope: good luck, that is a nice number!
Duckie and Foxy: That is great!!

So I got a call from the Dr. yesterday. They said the 5 did not make into freezing,so the two in me at it. This is it for us. No back ups and no more trys. So much pressure on me and these two little guys. Blood test on Friday. i was thinking of taking a HPT on Friday before I go in.What does everybody think?
Regal: I hope these guys make it too and I have twins, becaue this is all we will have, of course one would be great too...
Stay postive ladies, negitive thoughts can not help as my husband would say!
Lv to you all...
By4:  Best of luck...I'll be thinking of you this week!

So I had another scan today and I'm triggering tonight.  Retrieval will be Monday.  The nurse said I'm up to 24 measurable follicles.  I'm so excited!
Oops...I meant B74, not By4 :)
Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA.  I was at the hospital every day from last Saturday until this Wednesday for bloods and scans.  I was triggered Wed night and my retrieval was yesterday.

We're doing a 3 day transfer, so that will be Monday.  I am TERRIFIED and EXCITED all at the same time.,

Does anyone know the wait time until you do an HPT?  Is it 9 or 10 days after the trigger?
i've seen a lot of women get positives on day 8 or 9.  i didn't get a positive til day 11.
Hi All,

Congrats to all who BFP and all the best to those trying and in the process of it.
Hopeitsmymonth - Good luck! 24 , follicles..that's a great numbers.

BY4 - Best of luck and lots n lots n lots of Baby Dust to u. Be positive, I won't suggest a HPT before your blood test, wat if it's negative, then you thoughts wil run wild and it's not good emotionally.

faithhandhope2009 - waiting time differs from one another. I did a HPT just fot fun after blood test proved positivve. but the HPT only showed a very vague pink line. Best is to wait on your Blood Test.

REgal64 - not to worry, beta would increase every 48 hours, I am sure by the TTW, you would have enough numbers.

I still had some brown discharge and little blood clots on Sat Morning. So, i went for a blood test and a scope to see if all is well. Good news is, my cervic is closed, and HCG level has shot up from 243  on 26 May to 1171 on 29 May. Doc said it's a good sign since numbers have more than doubled.  The brown discharge could be the old blood. Nonetheless, I was given a jab to stablised my Emybro. I am given another week of rest until June 4 so to mimimise walking and have more rest...All the best to me! 1st ultra scan is on June 10. cant wait.
I would love to join in!  :)

I could use some support during the 2WW!  This waiting is insane!

This is my first IVF cycle.  They retrieved 20 eggs on 5/19, 9 fertilized with ICSI and 3 were transferred (all high grade) on 5/22.  I go in for my BETA on 6/5.  I cheated and took a HPT today, it was negative.

On a side note...I'm a little concerned about my progesterone numbers.  They went down from 43 to 8.  Doctor increased my meds, but I am hoping it won't hinder a BFP!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!  MAY IS OUR MONTH!!
To: All

I'm currently on day 2 after 5 day transfer and I've read a lot about others getting progesterone levels checked in between transfer and beta. I do not go back to my RE until Beta on June 9 I have done 2 previous IUI's as well that didn't work but i never got tested then either. is this something that the office should be checking? or is it only those that have had progesterone issues in the past? I never asked my dr about this. I'm currently on the suppositories 2x a day but i feel like half comes out of me during the course of the day and how on EARTH could i be getting the full effect from them?
In response to the progesterone question...
I did not have any previous history/problems with low progesterone.  My doctor's protocol is to check it between transfer and Beta.  My nurse said progesterone should be at least 20 to maintain a pregnancy, which is why they check.  Glad they checked mine!  I was taking the injections and since the low results they added the suppositories 2x a day.  Just like you, don't understand how it's working.  Good luck to you!!
i'm going to call my dr's office on tuesday and find out why they don't check progesterone... i mean what if this is my problem as to why i can't get pregnant???
I've been surprised to read that others get progesterone checks between transfer and beta as well since my doctor hasn't been doing this either and she's supposed to be the top RE in Seattle.  My day 3 transfer was 5/21 and my first beta is 6/2. I've been taking progesterone injections every morning since 5/20.  Would love to hear what your doctor says on Tuesday even though that'll be too late for me with my first beta the very next day - I'm so anxious!
We're on very similar schedules (my day 3 transfer was 5/21) - would love to hear how you fare. The TWW is definitely awful. I am doing my best to avoid the HPT but don't know how much longer I will be able to hold out...
6/2 is right around the corner!!  You can make it!  I would avoid the HPT as well, I took another one this morning, negative again.  I still pray it's too early for +++.  How many embryo's did you transfer?  Is this your first cycle?  Good luck, praying for you and all those in our situation!

Laurie
My dr is also pretty renowned in this field. He does a lot of studies as well. so strange how some do the progesterone test and others don't.  I am on day 3 past a 5 day transfer and do not know how i'm going to hold out. I am already planning on doing a HPT later in the week or next weekend.
My RE checked my progesterone, E2 and hcg the day of the transfer but will not do any more tests until my beta as well.  I had started the progesterone the day before so I am guessing they were checking to see if it was working.  Did you have a blood draw the day of the transfer and when sis you start the suppositories?  I would not worry too much.  I took the suppositories with my dd and all was fine.  In fact they say they work better since the progesterone goes right to where it needs to be.  Some of the discharge you see may not be from the suppository itself as progesterone can cause that as well.  Try not to worry - I am sure your RE knows what he/she is doing!!
Yes, this is my first cycle, too.  I transferred two 8-cell grade A's.  I cheated and took an HPT when I woke up to pee for the THIRD time at 4:30am.  Faint positive...I'm not getting my hopes up too much, though, since the last time I saw a faint positive it ended with an ectopic pregnancy being diagnosed (that time it wasn't an early HPT, though, so I guess I am holding out *some* hope).  Of course, since I did see this faint positive and that was the last HPT in my house, I just bought a box of 3 more and plan to test first thing tomorrow morning again.  Grrrrrrr....why can't we resist the temptation like we're supposed to?!?!  I'll be thinking of you, too, Laurie.  Please keep us posted.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your positive!  That is awesome!  Just a few more days until your BD!  :)
MLB - i started the progesterone suppositories, the night after my retrieval. I did not get blood work done the day of transfer... I think the last time i got bloodwork done was 2 days before my retrieval... if i can remember correctly....anyway - i'm really not too worried about it. My RE does know what he's doing and i trust him. ITs' just this dreaded wait i can barely get through. HOw are you doing?
Tomorrow makes day 7 since I did IVF (one egg ten cells). Been feeling okay. Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. Progesterone shots are killing my butt but i'm able to do it myself. Hubby was so damn sqirmish I think he would have hurt me more. My blood work came back great according to the nurse on Friday.  I feel like they are constantly taking my blood to the point I had to switch arms. But they never tell me the damn results and just say everything is looking good.  I want to have a talk with my doctor when I go in for my next round of blood work because I really want to know if there was anything he saw when he did the retrieval that is causing my infertility. I have unexplained infertility. The best answer he gave me was that my ovulation cycle was way too short and maybe my eggs were releasing without being ready. I really like my doctor though and I think he was more upset than I was when the last IUI didn't work.

I'm going to go buy a preg test tomorrow morning. I had a bad headache last night but feeling fine today. Cramping here and there but no blood. Good luck everyone! Pregnancy vibes to all!!!  
My RE does not take blood during the 2WW. He only asks that I call if I don't feel well or have any spotting/bleeding.  It's only at that point does he up the progesterone suppositories. I only know this because I had a good deal of bleeding after my 1st round of IVF and the explanation of upping the progesterone was that it's supposed to help stop the bleeding.  This time I'm actually not having any issues so I haven't had to call the office, but when you do go in for your next scheduled blood work, definitely ask.  I don't think there isn't an appointment that I have at my RE's office that I don't have a million and one questions and they are always so sweet answering my questions since some of them are silly at times.  Good luck!  I took my 1st HPT test 9 days after a 6 day transfer in the evening after work and there was a faint line. By the 10th day the line was darker and then on the 11th day it was the darkest you should see on a test.  I tried to hold out until the day of my scheduled blood work (which isn't until tomorrow) but because I was having some light pink and light brown spotting I gave in and took the test.
My hope is dwindling!  I caved and bought 4 tests.  Took one starting Day 6, 7, 8 and today, day 9 after transfer.  All have been negative.  I hate myself for caving.  My beta is scheduled for Saturday. Feeling a little sad and discouraged.

Don't give up hope yet! Everybody is different, and every pregnancy is different - you might just be testing too early for your particular situation.
Wow! I am impressed you can give your own progesterone shots in the butt! If I get good beta hcg numbers this week (day 3 ET was 5/21, first beta is 6/2), I think I'm going to have to figure out how to do that, or get shorter needles and switch to the thigh if my doctor will let me - my husband will be travelling a lot in June so I'll have to figure something out! Everyone keep your finger crossed for me! Faint positive HPT yesterday morning, darker this morning!
darker this moring?!?  That is GREAT!  So happy for you!
I also can give myself my own progesterone shots.  My husband traveled a lot after my 1st IVF and I had to learn how to do it.  Plus, he's too scared to give me the shot, afraid he's gonna hurt me.  I don't mind doing them myself.  I think it hurts less if you do it yourself. The anticipation of having someone else stick you makes me tense up even more.

llayton2010 -- don't get down. wait for your beta. i know how hard it is not to test and then giving in only to see a negative.  6/2 is right around the corner. keep the faith!

seattleview -- awesome on your BFP!

Who is having their 1st beta done this week and when? I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! I have my beta tomorrow!  I have this strange feeling I have more than 1 growing inside of me.  Can't explain it totally but I feel totally different than the last time I did IVF.

Sticky baby dust to everyone!!
Good luck tomorrow!  I'll be praying for HIGH numbers!

I appreciate your optimism, my beta is scheduled for 6/5, wish it was 6/2, keep your fingers crossed a little longer!  :)
CONGRATS your BFPs! Are you hoping for multiples, or is it just a feeling you have? I have mixed feelings since there are supposed to be so many more risks to the pregnancies with multiples, but I also have watched two co-workers go through twin pregnancies and they were both perfectly healthy and both delivered perfectly healthy twin boys. I'm also worried about hoping for two when after 2.5 years TCC and an ectopic, I know I should be happy with one. My 1st beta is Wed, 6/2, first thing in the morning. I'm really hoping for good numbers Wed and Fri after 2 BFPs at home. I'm sooooo nervous. I didn't even tell my husband about the first BFP yesterday - I wanted to confirm with a 2nd one this morning before I said anything. Best wishes for good numbers this week!
We have unexplained infertility too and I'm also very interested in seeing whether our doctor finds an explanation for this during the IVF process.  We've been ttc for 3 years and had 3 failed attempts at IUI so surely there must be a reason!!  Good luck with your pregnancy test tomorrow!  I have my second scan tomorrow and am starting to feel a little nervous.
Dear seattleview - Thanks but it took me a few tries to get the hang of it but now i'm good. I got over my fear of needles that's for sure. I think it would hurt more in the thigh but that's just my opinion. Either way you can do it. There are videos on youtube you know that show you on to do it LOL (I watched them prior). Good luck!!

Dear llayton2010 - I know it's hard but don't give up hope. The blood work is really the best way to test.

So I took a test today and it was negative. Going to wait now until at least Friday to test again. Very upsetting but I only cried for a few minutes but I'm okay now. My husband who was so afraid of doing IVF and getting twins says "well if this doesn't work we can just try again and maybe we'll get twins". That really made me feel better.

Baby vibes to all. Have a wonderful day everyone:)
For those who have had miscarriages along with failed IUI and IVF, has your RE drawn blood to see if you have a blood clotting disorder? The 1st RE I used never did and I underwent 7 unsuccessful IUI's (most medicated). It wasn't until my 1st IVF miscarriage that my 2nd RE tested me for all different clotting disorders and I do have one which changed the course of medications I took during this cycle.  I'm on a baby aspirin, a special prenatal and a shot of Lovenox daily. Now I do not know how long I will have to be on the Lovenox injections (though I'm thinking throughout an entire pregnancy because the clotting disorder actually throws blood clots into the forming placenta thus breaking the blood supply to embryo) but I'm happy to know that I actually have something wrong with me and we are no longer in the category of "unexplained".  It's worth asking your RE about.
Hi, congratulations to u guys. Could u let me know which mutations u had? i m having pai-1 gene mutation and mthfr-1 gene mutation. I had 5  miscarriages so far (all were natural pg). Coukd let me know the name of ur special prenatal? Thanks for adding me as ur friend..
congratulations to all the BFP's this week!  For everyone with betas this week, I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

I had my transfer today-it was a 3 day, AH.  My beta is scheduled for 6/13, and I'm already counting down the days till I can take an HPT...I know I should hold out until the beta, but who am I kidding.  I have 2 leftover from the last cycle.  In addition, if it's neg, it better prepares me to receive the news at work.

I also wanted to throw this out there in terms of the suppositories-I used them for my last cycle and was also concerned about how much I actually absorbed-I checked with the docs, and they said that they account for that in the doses that you use, so nothing to worry about.

Also, I haven't had bloodwork nor progesterone checks during the TWW.

Thinking of all of you!  SSBD!
Faith: Good luck to you too. How many did they transfer and how many cells?

My test is on friday, I thinking I might take an HPT on Thursday and friday. Not sure yet. I just said the same thing to my husband about being prepared at work too. I have to travel for work on saturday, so hope I get good news. Will be hard being away by myself with such a let down. BUT I hope to be preggers so thinking positive!!

Progesterone, such a pain, but gotta do what we gotta do, will be worth it!
B74 - good luck on Friday!!! Stay positive

We had our first scan today and saw baby - relieved after being in hosp because of virus and a reaction to my progesterone (they think). RE said virus is bad for pregnancy so I am very anxiously waiting next monday when we should see a heartbeat.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
As far as the MTHFR disorder, I have 1 copy of the c677t gene.  The prenatal I take is called Neevo it is specially designed for those who have this MTHFR disorder as it has higher values of certain vitamins, otherwise we'd be taking a million and 1 pills every day.

I'm getting nervous about having my beta done this morning. Will have to wait ALL day for the phone call to tell me what my HCG and progesterone numbers are. I'm hoping for high numbers this time around.

I'm also on the progesterone suppositories twice a day, they are 100 each. I hate taking them! And I also take 1cc of progesterone in oil shots. I think I would rather take 2 (or more) shots a day then take these suppositories.  But if this is what will help keep my progesterone numbers nice and high to help with the placenta formation, then I'll just keep sucking it up.  

Good luck to everyone who has retrievals, transfers and beta bloods being done this week! Keep us all posted!
Just wanted to say I got a light BFP today at 7 days past 3dt using a First reponse test.  I am pretty sure it is real since I did one yesterday that had no remnant of a second line.  I am shocked this worked - we did everything wrong in the tww even bding the day after transfer (I didn't think that would be that bad since I read somewhere it may actually help implantation - or at least that is the excuse I used).  It doesn't mean I won't miscarry or have another ectopic but it sure is nice to see that line after all those ultrasound and injections.  It took a lot of work to get here!  Beta's on friday and Monday and probably 50 HPT's until then!!  Best of luck to everyone!!!
Congrats on the bfp w/the hpt's!!!  Time to celebrate!!!
I had a 3 day transfer and I had (2) 8-cell and (1) 6-cell.  I'm hoping and praying that's good.

I go back to work this Friday-I'm never sure if I should take it easy or go right back to work and resume my normal routine.  This time I opted for taking it easy.

I'll be thinking of you on Friday-best of luck!

I am 5days past 5DT and also just got a faint 2nd line on the first response HPT. I am honestly still in almost denial about this because we've been trying for nearly 2 years. I also took a test yesterday and there wasn't even a hint of 2nd line so it's definitely not the HCG shot in my system.  I also am cramping and I did have the sorest boobs the past few days but today barely anything if at all. I'm just going to keep hoping and praying that this is it!  Congrats to all the BFP's this cycle!! My beta isn't until june 9th! I'm going to be peeing on a stick every day until then!
OMG!!! I am So Stinking Happy for You!!!  This is the bestest news ever!!!!!  Congrats!  I am sooooooooo Happy!!! : )    Wow!
CONGRATS!!! I got my first faint BFP on Sunday which was 9 days past a day 3 transfer. I've been POAS every day since then, too - LOL. All positive! First beta tomorrow morning (of course I plan to POAS before that, too!). Can hardly wait!
So many BFPs!  Congrats to you all!

I had my ER yesterday.  As of this morning I had 10 embies that were continuing to grow.  I will find out tomorrow if I'm doing a 3 or 5 day transfer.
After a little spotting this morning and the devastating news that none of the 6 remaining embryos made it to freezing, I came home to bed!  Hoping tomorrow will fare better!

I spoke to my nurse and she said she thinks my spotting is just implantation spotting.  She also moved up my BW to Friday instead of Saturday.  Good news to end the day!  

Good luck to seattleview and foxylady with their blood work!  
Hey girls! I just got the call from my RE office with the results from my 1st beta today.....777!! and progesterone is 24.9!! I'm 14 days out from a 6 day transfer but I totally started to freak out today since I started bleeding a light period type flow.  The color has changed from bright red to a very brownish red now, but my PA at the RE office isn't too concerned right now.  She said all 3 embies may have taken and my body is "getting rid" of 1 now but not to worry since my beta was so high.  I got back for blood on Thursday.  U/S isn't done for another 2 weeks she said. Have to have serveral more rounds of blood to make sure the numbers keep rising properly.

Sticky baby vibes to everyone!
CONGRATULATIONS!  That is terrific!  
Thanks!

Thank you to everyone on this board. You are all a great source of inspiration!
I am having IVF my retrievel is this thursday and transfer on sunday
Hi All

Congratulations to all those with BFP what great newsand such great inspiration for all of us going through IVF and the 2ww!

I am now 4dp5dt we transfered 2 grade 1/2 blasts and had 5 to freeze all of the same grade which I am so happy about!

Feeling some slight cramping and twinging here and there but not much not sure if that means anything or even if I should be feeling anything at this stage! the way I am feeling I think a pain in my finger would make me think Im pregnant!

Good luck to all and lots and lots of sticky sticky baby dust to all xx
Hello All,

we had our egg pick up in May, got 9 eggs, 8 fertilised, 5 made it to day five. three went to AA grade, so one implanted and two in the freezer.

two HPT's with what looked like evaporation lines...

Beta test... BFP!!!!!! after four ICSI cycles... woot woot!

Congrats on all the BFPs!!!!  It's wonderful!!!

I'm still bleeding (now a full-blown period).  Dr. said not to freak as long as the beta keeps climbing.  Third beta is at 429.  This baby sure is taking his sweet time climbing!!  Really wish the bleeding would stop.  Next beta Friday.
Congrats on your BFP! I do was bleeding yesterday but it started as a bright red flow that lasted the majority of the day. By 3pm the flow was starting to subside to spotting which was more brown in color.  This morning I have nothing. My beta yesterday was 777 at 14 days post transfer and my next beta is scheduled for tomorrow.   How many embies did you transfer? I was told last night not to worry about the bleeding right now  because all 3 embies that I transfered may have taken and I may be losing 1 right now.  

missinglink -- congrats also on your BFP!! you must be so excited!

hopingforbaby2009 -- good luck with your retrieval and transfer! sit back and relax, i'm sure everything will go just fine.

tinkyj -- when are you scheduled for your beta?
Can't wait to hear about your beta today! Don't forget to update us!! Keeping my fingers crossed for some good news!
Had second scan and taking my trigger shot tonight with ER on Friday.  Dr said he's expecting to retrieve between 7 and 15 eggs.  Feel like I may explode between now and then - it's getting very uncomfortable!  Husband has come down with a cold and now I have a sore throat so really worried I am getting it too.  Hoping that my ER won't get cancelled and that a cold won't have too much impact on our chance of success?
Thank you! I'm so nervous, even after 4 hpt BFPs. I'm just so afraid of something going wrong like the last time I had hpt BFPs (ectopic). Although I do have to say I am feeling very positive about this for some reason. Last time, it was like I somehow knew something just wasn't right, but this time I am feeling really optimistic. I had my blood taken an hour ago and am expecting the call with the numbers in 4-5 hours. How I'm going to be able to think about anything else between now and then (I'm at work!) is beyond me...
foxylady62903 thanks i hope everything goes ok

seattleview good luck keep us posted
Don't think we do beta's over here? have to take my HPT next Wednesday and then call my nurse not really sure what happens after that??

I'm glad your staying poistive and your DR is right try not to worry and just take it easy hun

x
Hi all,

If some of you still remember me, I finally had my beta reading today after 3 weeks waiting. Most of u here have to wait for only 2 ww, just to share with you that my beta reading was a good one around 8200, it is quite a big number because I just had an ultrasound and we found two, so possible twins, the 3rd one still hiding somewhere or maybe it is too small to be detected, I hope and pray hard that they are all survive...

I wish everyone here who got BFP a healthy pregnancy, for those with BFN please do not give up, I know how hard it is waiting for the result, I myself almost shaking everytime I went to the toilet when I start feeling some discharge coming out especially during the time where my period suppose to come..just follow the RE's order and since we are not naturally made pregnancy, I think keeping the medication on time and taking whatever supplement needed is very important for the support

ok hope i can update u all again on the actual number of how many babies inside my womb..i am still scare sometimes and nervous everytime I see the doctor in case i hear a bad news..next step is to detect the heartbeat..

by the way, my boobs are no longer sore and i have no nausea at all..i feel it sometimes but no up to feel of throwing up, so don't worry if you don't have pregnancy symptoms..you could be pregnant, the ultimate guide is HCG and no AF flow
That's awesome with your numbers! Congrats on twins! I'm hoping my 777 dratstically goes up when I get my blood taken tomorrow.  Supposedly in 2 weeks I will have an ultrasound and so can't wait for it. The wait for the blood results is agonizing.  It's so hard for me to concentrate all day.
Here's a quick question to all of you.  Is it possible to still have implantation bleeding 15 days after your transfer? My transfer was on day 6 after the retrieval and I transferred 3 embies. Everytime I've gone to the bathroom this afternoon there is light pink on the toilet paper. Nothing has discharged into my panty liner, but it's definitely pink in color unlike yesterday where I was having light bright red and a semi flow.  I'm not going to bother my RE today with this. When they call me with my blood results tomorrow I'll let them know what has been happening today and hopefully I won't have anymore of this tomorrow.
Thank you foxy for the wish, do not worry too much I know one of my friend bleed on the 2nd month pregnancy but still survive, although she is not on IVF but it happens on natural pregnancy..we never know what is happening inside perhaps it is just the implantation of 3rd embi which comes later..my doctor said she had a patient at first scan only detect one, the second scanning those 2nd and 3rd came out, they maybe develop at different rate..
That's so crazy! Seeing 1 on the first scan and then more on the following scan.  I'm hoping that the bleeding/spotting, cramping and back aches I'm having now is either the 2nd or 3rd implanting. I just didn't think that it would happen this late in the game.  I decided not to take a HPT this morning. I was satisfied with my beta number yesterday but after I got home from running a few errands (nothing too strenuous) I decided to take another test since when I wiped, again, there was more pink/red on the toilet paper.  Trying to stay positive. Oh, the test was very much BFP again. Showed up in like 15 seconds! I don't plan on taking another one tomorrow since I'm happy with the positive reading now and my second round of blood is tomorrow.  I'm just going to have a hard time concentrating all day at work waiting for my phone call.
Hey girls. Wish me luck this morning. Having my blood drawn for 2nd beta.  Been bleeding and spotting on and off for the last couple of days. Have cramps and a bad back ache too. Keeping my fingers crossed! I won't be back on until tonight. I don't have access at work.  Good luck to all who are having retrievals/transfers and betas!
tomorrow is my beta, first thing in the morning.  Can't believe it is finally here.  Please pray for positive results.  After the negative HPT and the spotting I truly believe it will be negative.  Keep your fingers (and toes) crossed!  :)
We'll all be thinking of you today!  Be sure to update us as soon as you can this evening!
Ok, I caved!  I took a test at lunch time.  I think it's positive?? Please take a look at the picture, it's a VERY faint line.  The picture it's blurry, it was with my phone.  Tell me what you think.
Ok, so been bleeding all day, called the office and they told me to come in right away for an u/s.  My HCG dropped from 777 to 699, my progesterone is 24. Everything looks good on the u/s, however it's still too early in to see a sac.  According to my RE, you calculate how far along you are by counting week 1 as AFTER your retrieval, so that only makes me 3 weeks along, which obviously you won't see anything. He said what he visualized all looks normal.  Wants to repeat my blood tomorrow and then again on Monday.  He said it could be a multiple situation where many implanted, that's why I got such a high number at first and now the bleeding is me losing 1, which would make the number go a bit lower but if everything is healthy in there then the number should rise again. Honestly, I am not hopeful at this point, but we'll have to see.
Don't lose hope yet! It sounds like your doctor is optimistic about you retaining a singleton pregnancy. I'm confused about your doctor's week one counting...if they start counting after the retrieval, then they must only count to 38 weeks instead of 40, right?
38 weeks instead of 40 sounds about right with his counting, but really the egg is not technically fertilized until the day of the retrieval, so in actuality, week 1 would be a week after the retrieval.  I don't know if he was just trying to put a more positive spin on not seeing anything on the u/s or what.  If I truly was 5 weeks along, which is how I've  counted it all this time, you should have at least been able to see a sac, correct? Well, if that's true then there was NOTHING on the u/s screen. He even commented that it's way too early to see anything. He was mainly checking to make sure there wasn't an ectopic or that I was filling up with fluid. He said my endometrium lining is good and thick at a 9, so that has to say something good, right?  I'm not feeling so positive this morning at all. Still bleeding. No cramping since mid afternoon yesterday which I was hoping to mean that the bleeding would stop. The bleeding yesterday was bright red in color and this morning it's more of a brownish red, so maybe that means it is stopping.

I go for more blood this morning and then again on Monday. Trying to stay positive but it's very difficult.  

Good luck to everyone who is having their retrieval/transfer/blood work today! Keep us posted.
Good luck today!  I'm praying for good numbers all around!

My beta was this morning.  I should here something by this afternoon (eastern time).  Keeping my fingers crossed for you today too!!
All the best to everyone waiting on any results!  Definitely saying prayers all round.  This process really does one's head in!  I got a BFP two weeks after transfer at a level of 1272 and then started spotting a week later.  Did a scan and saw a sac and heartbeat so definitely good news.  However scared stiff about the spotting and hoping its not threatened!  Now six weeks and holding on tight - I'm putting my feet up as much as possible.
Congratulations to all the BFPs out there!  Best of luck, SSBD, and lots of prayers to those ladies that are in the process.

foxylady-do NOT lose hope.  We've made it this far and you'll make the rest of the journey.  You're a fighter, so keep fighting the fight! I am sending tons of positive thoughts your way and will keep thinking of and praying for you.

As for me, I'm 4dp a 3dt, and I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative.  Can anyone of you ladies clarify this for me-I should interpret the BFN as the hcg trigger shot has cleared my system, right?  Not that it didn't work?  Because implementation happens 5-8 days after transfer (if it happens at all).

To top things off, I got into a car accident this morning (I'm fine, and hope embies are too) so I turned into an emotional mess.  Of course I called the doctor's office and mentioned the old wives tales about not hitting any bumps when you have embies with you, and they confirmed that the uterus is the best cushion, not to worry about a thing, and that it is indeed an old wives tale.

So I scheduled myself for an acupuncture appt tomorrow so that my mental health is restored and my energy is positive again.

Yes, I would definitely interpret your BFN as meaning your hcg shot is out of your system.  7 dpo is  too early for an hpt.
I got my beta results...POSITIVE!!!  My HCG was 196.  I can not believe it.  

faithandhope2009 - I took 4 pregnancy tests (Days 6-10 post transfer) and they were negative (it was too early). I would suggest holding off until your blood work.  

Good luck to everyone and thanks so much for listening/supporting me the last 2 weeks!
Congrats to all the BFPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Such a wonderful feeling!!

We have 1 sac again today with a faint little heartbeat which is a HUGE relief after the craziness of being in the hospital last week.

Be strong those on the TWW... it's so hard but be will be over soon.
CONGRATULATIONS!

WOO HOO!
Hello everybody:
so I sort of knew I would get this result, because the HPT came out negative. I am not pregant.
This was it for us, 2 IUI, 4 IvF and a donor IvF, we have no more money, and are just tiered. I would sell my ring or do credit cards, but my husband is done. All I did was cry at work.
I am really happy for the girls that are postive... Cause I guess there has to be a percent that fails, i guess that is me!
Lv to u all and take care of those bellies and soon to be babies! Treasure them! B
I sent you a message, please take the time to read it.  I am praying for you and am here if you need me!  Please know I feel your pain and am praying like crazy for you!!!
I too have this brown discharge on the 23rd days now after ET, my doctor increase my progestrone and will be seeing her again next week Friday, I was crying last night because I have no idea what is happening, and then about evening time it stops on and off, I am just tired being nervous and scare now, so I just going to say if it meant to be it meant to be, i hope for success, strange thing is my brown discharge always come out at 4am, i wish to know why, i don't know how people define spotting because for me it is more like stain discharge with brown colour, sorry for that
Hi ladies,

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post anything this weekend (I'm having problems with internet access at home), but wanted to let you know that I'm praying for all of you.

If I may be so bold to ask, if you could send positive thoughts and prayers my way as well (hoping that implantation will occur this weekend), I would be so thankful and indebted to all of you.  I WANT to feel and experience the symptoms so I'm not in the dark and left to wonder what's going on....

Your message encouraged me as I feel it comes at a certain time of the day too!  Usually at the end of the day and I wondered if it meant I was doing too much?  I would just suggest take it easy as much as possible and I agree with you in that there is no point walking around in fear.  Let's just keep positive thoughts and enjoy whatever there is!  One thing though, my doctor told me to go for a rhogam shot at the hospital?

My thoughts and prayers with everyone particularly B74.
Congrats to the BFP HCG numbers! I got bad news this afternoon. Within 24 hours my numbers went from 699 to 412. I'm still bleeding.  I'm not feeling any pg symptoms anymore, so I'm positive that I'm losing everything! I go for one more round of blood.  If the number still drops then it's definite I'm miscarrying everything and RE will bring me in for another u/s to confirm and then give me some sort of shot to stop the bleeding and also help with the miscarrying process. Have now idea what it is and how it really works but I'm sure I'll find out.  They are still giving me some hope that 1 has stuck and is growing nicely.  They told me a story about another woman in the practice who was pg with twins in December and bled for an entire month, wound up losing 1 twin but has a healthy singleton pregnancy.  Her numbers dropped, went up, dropped again and then went up again. So anything is possible, but I'm not feeling so hopeful anymore.

My plan is to remain off my feet the entire weekend. Had a very busy day at work and barely sat down for more than 5 minutes at a time.  
Keep hanging in there! If your RE's office told you that story about someone going through a similar experience, then they must think there is some hope! Everyone at my RE's office is always very straightforward, whether you want to hear what they have to say or not, and no matter how devastating their words might be, so I would be very confident about the chances for a good outcome if I were in your situation. I sincerely hope that your RE's office is just as forthcoming and wouldn't give you even the slightest chance of false hope. That wouldn't be helpful to anyone.
B74 - I am so sorry it did not work.  What day did you transfer - is it still early??  I thought our timing was similar??  
Foxy - I am also sorry you are going through this - how stressful!  I agree that if you Re thinks there is a chance then maybe there is.  I can see where weird things could happen with IVF since there are multiple embryos.  Best of luck.
My RE office only speaks from the heart and doesn't give false hope. They are all very sweet and supportive and I love them to death. I'm still not convinced that 1 has stuck.  I know they say they aren't concerned with the amount of bleeding I'm having, but I am. It's WAY more than what I normally get as a period, but I know that can be because of the Lovenox and baby aspirin I'm on but the blood is bright red! If it remained always with a brownish tint to it I don't think I would be as concerned.  It remains bright red all day and then by the time I get home from work it's starts to subside a little bit and then has a brownish tint.  This morning when I went to the bathroom for the 1st time after waking up, there was a nice amount of blood but it was more brown. I can't get too excited because yesterday morning the bleeding completely stopped for about an hour! When I went to the bathroom and wiped, there was NOTHING on the toilet paper! I was thrilled that maybe that was the end of it but by the time I got to work, the bleeding started again like clockwork. I really can't imagine that 1 has stuck. I'm prepared for bad news on Monday after I get my blood drawn. I just wish I didn't have to wait all day for the results.  I have the blood drawn around 8am and I know the office can look up the results starting at around 1, but they won't start calling patients until around 4pm after the doctor has reviewed the results and given his recommendations.  It's so hard to stay positive.  I'm staying off my feet the entire weekend. Maybe that will help with the bleeding?  RE told me on Thursday to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as I can, so since I don't have to work the weekends, my plan is to be a couch potato and relax on between the couch and my bed.  Hopefully the bleeding starts to subside.

Thank you all for your love, prayers and support!
i'm so sorry. please don't give up the thought of being a mother. i know you're heart is filled with lots of love and you will be blessed one day.
go in this morning gor transfer will let u all know how many wa transfered
I've been wondering how you're doing since it seems like you haven't posted in a while. Can't wait to hear your update later today! Best wishes for good looking embryos!
I lost it.  The dr's office called Friday-beta dropped from 429 to 74.  Absolutely devastating.  Good luck to everyone.
Hang in there! I'm right there with you.  Don't give up hope.  I have 1 more blood draw tomorrow to confirm that I am in fact miscarrying (even though I can already tell that I've lost all of them). My numbers went from 777 on the 1st, to 699 on the 3rd to 412 on the 4th. I can just imagine how low the number is going to be tomorrow. Are you planning on trying again?  I took a nice long break from my 1st miscarriage before making the decision to try again. The break really did me some good. I started eating better and started working out. Even though I only lost 6 pounds, I felt so much healthier going into this cycle. Just disappointing for me too that I did all these good things this time around to only be given a glimmer of hope to only have that taken away, again.  Hang in there. You know we are all here for you.
My second beta results came in and they weren't as good as I had hoped.  Friday they were 196 and today they are 246.  I go back on Tuesday to see where they are then. This is so stressful!
Hang in there girl! The bright side is that they went UP!!
Thanks, but the nurse is already talking ectopic pregnancy.  
Oh dear! Ectopic? I sure hope not.  Did they say when they are going to bring you in for an u/s to check it out?
Well I had 2 transfered they were 4b+ and 8c+ well lets just hope at least1 makes it or both know the 2 ww this is the haredest part
They didn't say when they would do an u/s.  I have to wait until after the blood work on Tuesday.
Keep your head up! Everything will be just fine. Our time will come.
Good luck!! Praying for you! Keep us posted!
I had an ectopic last year...the hcg levels did rise for almost two weeks, but they never came close to doubling. My doctor also talked about the possibility of ectopic immediately after telling me the 2nd hcg level.
So how do they really confirm it's ectopic and what do they do about it? I'm just curious since I've never had one.  My RE was worried about an ectopic last time and pulled me in for a u/s which confirmed it wasn't. I'm just curious if you girls know.
how could an IVF procedure result in an ectopic pregnancy? Would the embryo's that were implanted into the uterus travel to the tubes? It just seems weird... but what do i know?

My RE kept doing every other day hcg tests for two weeks and then finally a 6 week ultrasound.  My hcg was only increasing by about 15-40%.  They couldn't find anything at all during the ultrasound, had a second doc come in to confirm that that was her opinion as well.  They treated me with two doses of methotrexate injections after first taking MORE blood to make sure I'm not an alcoholic or dug abuser, in which case I would have had to have a D&C because the methotrexate would have been too damaging to the liver and kidneys.  I think the first shot (actually two shots - one in each cheek with what my husband described as a HUGE needle) was the day after the ultrasound, then I had to go in two days after that for another hcg test.  It wasn't dropping quickly enought for their liking so I had to have the second methotrexate shot the next day.  Needless to say, this was all rather traumatic and I was crying at the very thought of needles and/or blood tests before I even had the first methotrexate shot. I swore I would never step foot in a fertility clinic ever again...but obviously I did...

My RE told us that ectopic pregnancies are just as common or maybe even slightly more so with IVF because the fallopian tubes can suck an embryo up in them anytime.  I believe she said there was probably a 3% chance for us. (My ectopic last year was after our first and only IUI)
I had no idea that IVF could result in ectopic. This has me scared now. What were your symptoms for ectopic? were you having cramps etc?
I didn't have any symptoms.  I don't think there usually are any with ectopics.  I had a friend who had one when she didn't even know she was pregnant at all.  Have you had an ectopic before?  I wouldn't worry too much.  It may help you to know that both my hpt "BFPs" were very faint (I took the first one 15 days after my IUI like the RE told me to do, and it was very faint - took a second one the next day and it was equally faint), so it's a good sign that yours have gotten progessively darker.
i have no history of ectopics and no family history either... Yes, my HPT's have gotten darker each day. As of yesterday the 2nd line was darker than the control line. I didn't take one today.  Gosh - you finally see that bfp on the hpt and then you forget how much longer the road is....
I was told IVF actually increases your chances of ectopic but overall the chance of it happening is still low.  You are at increased odds if you had a previous one.  I can't remember the hpts from my ectopic as I wasn't really expecting to get pregnant easily that time.  I do know my first two betas did not double and then the third did so the RE clinic thought everything was fine.  I probably should have done a couple more betas to be sure.  The only way to know for sure though is by ultrasound.  Don't worry Kris - I think you are fine!!  
So I am heading in to have my blood drawn again this morning at 8am. Won't get the results until after 4pm today so it's going to be another LONG day of waiting. I don't feel like going into work. Been off my feet all weekend and feel I need another day off but I took a day and a half last week off.  Suprisingly the bleeding/spotting FINALLY stopped around 6pm last night and so far (fingers crossed) there has been no sight of more. I'm thinking that may change as soon as I get to work since I'm up on my feet a ton there. It's hard to take it easy and stay off my feet at work.  Well, have to start getting ready to head out.  Will update you all later.
Best of luck today Foxy, hoping you hear good news!
Well ladies, I enjoyed about 14 hours of no bleeding/spotting, but before I left the lab, I decided to head to the bathroom and I started to bleed again! I can't believe it. I called my husband from the car and totally lost it. I was torn between heading into work and going home. My husband said that he was going to get off the train and head back towards home and that he would meet me there. I don't know what's going on! I guess we'll know what the game plan will be after getting the blood results tonight.  Either I've totally miscarried and the bleeding will continue for a bit or I'm still pregnant and RE will tell me what I have to do to help with the bleeding.  I'm totally not feeling positive. How can I? At least I had about 14 hours of happiness and hope with no bleeding.  Why is mother nature so cruel?
I hope you receive wonderful news today!  I remember when I had my m/c last Aug my counts went from 150 to over 12,000 in  a  little over a wk, but then I started bleeding and my beta's started dropping, I hoped and prayed that at lease one of the 3 we implanted would hold but it wasn't to be.  I went for u/s, and was given the bad news, I m/c'd a couple of days later. I pray that you find out today that at least one of yours has stuck! I am thinking about you and praying so hard!  We are here for you and thinking of you!  
I'm so sorry you're going through this when you've been through so much already.  Isn't there any way you can at least get the results from your doctor earlier than 4pm?  That in and of itself seems cruel. :(
thinking of you-we're getting closer to 4 pm!  PRAYING like mad that you get good news!
I have my 3rd beta tomorrow.  I started bleeding today, bright red blood, dripping (sorry for TMI).  I guess it's not looking to good.  Will be staying off my feet the rest of the day.  :(
Oh No!!  I am so sorry you are having to deal with this too!!  This is awful news!  I hope the bleeding stops soon!  When is your next blooddraw?

Again, I am so sorry and hoping for the best!!
To All

I wish all awaiting results the best of luck. And those with positives congrats...

With regards to an ectopic I have had 2, each had a different outcome. The first I did methotrexate for a period of 4 days as my hcg levels were not going down fast enough I think the little one was just trying to hang in there! It was a horrible time for me I was in the hospital for 2 weeks! Totally traumatic.

The second one resulted in the loss of one tube, removal of fibroids and the discovery that my other tube was "childlike" according to my doc. Basically not fully developed!

I had NO symptoms, some people have severe cramps I found out from going in to do a routine u/s and they saw nothing in the uterus when they looked more carefully they spotted something in the tube. Straight to the hospital I go as it is very dangerous and can be life threatening if it ruptures.

I hope none of you have to go through it. The docs do tell you that once you have one the chances of it happening again is increased. I did my first IVF cycle last month but it failed. Again very traumatic and still trying to work it all out in my head. We will however try with 2 frozen embries in July. After that I don't know what will happy finances just don't allow for another IVF cycle.

Good luck to all and praying for all of you.
I just want to encourage you all my daughter went through 8 years of infertility. Did her 1st IVF got pregnant and miscarried. As of right now she is the mother of triplet 3 month old girls. It was a long emotional roller coaster but so worth it. She did bleed through both pregnancies so she was a nervous wreck the 2nd one. Hang in there and don't give up!
Thanks for the uplifting story!  It gives each and every one of us hope...something we definitely need!  Thanks again!

hugs,
Melissa
Well ladies, I just got the call I've been dreading from the RE's office.  Totally lost this pregnancy. HCG went down to 144. I have an appointment for Thursday to talk about possible issues this time around and how we are going to proceed.  Once I stop the PIO and Endometrum they said I"m going to start to bleed more again. So the reprieve I've had all day with just the spotting is going to get worse.
I am soooo sorry this has ended this way.. I was praying for you so hard!  It was so much like my senario, I was afraid your outcome might be like this... I know we haven't conversed much through your cycle, but I have been checking in on each and everyone of you this month, and if you need to talk, I am here.  My heavy bleeding started within 48 hrs of the stops meds.  My heart is breaking for you, and I was really really praying for a miracle for you.  I am soo sorry again!

((HUGS))

Melissa
I am so sorry for your outcome.  I feel like what you have experienced I am right behind you.  You are inspiring and your time will come.  Take comfort in the many prayers and thoughts that are headed your way.  

Laurie
I am so very, very sorry.  I had sincerely hoped for a different outcome for you.  Please keep us posted on what your next steps are and take good care of yourself these next few days.  Hopefully your husband, family, and friends know that some good spoiling is in order.
Hey girls! Thank you so much for all your kind words. I hope you all know that I'm here for all of you. Just because it didn't work out for me this cycle doesn't mean I'm not going to keep checking in on all of you. My plan is to do this all again, it's just a matter of when. DH and I are planning a vacation. We haven't been away in over 2 years! This is how long we've been working on getting pregnant.  I'll still be coming back to see how all of you are doing. My follow up appointment is Thursday so I'll definitely let you all know what the outcome is.

I am so sorry to hear of your outcome... Your time will come soon, keep your positive thoughts. Good luck on your next cycle! Enjoy your vacat with the hubby!!!!
I got my third beta results back, they went from 246 to 501.  I go back Thursday and Saturday to see if they keep going up.  I am praying so hard for a healthy baby.  The bleeding stopped once I got off my feet.  I am still not out of the woods yet!

ALL - please say a prayer for increasing beta numbers!  :)
I am so sorry to hear of your news.  I am praying and thinking of you-you are a strong and brave woman, and you will get through this.  I'm here for you!

Faith
OMG! That's such a good number! I'm so happy for you! Good luck. Get lots of rest and keep us posted.
Thanks! I'm feeling a little better today. Yesterday was really hard for me at work. I am having a more difficult time with this miscarriage than I did with my first back in December. Don't know why.  I can't wait until my appointment tomorrow so I can find out what the RE is thinking and see how we move forward and when to expect to start again.

DH planned a vacation for the beginning of August. Out to Vegas for a few days, driving to LA for a few days and then driving to San Francisco for a few days. Gambling, sun at the pool/beach and sight seeing. Just what I need!
Hey girls! I'm heading to the RE office this afternoon to hopefully get some answers and a game plan. DH booked our vaca out to Vegas, LA and San Fran. Can't wait!! I so need a break right now.

How is everyone else doing? Any good news???
I hope u figure something out then u go go on vacation and just relax
Be sure to let us know what the RE says. No news from me yet. I'm still just worrying about all the things that could possibly go wrong while waiting for my first pregnancy ultrasound next Thursday. Then I'm hoping I can at least cross my blighted ovum obsession off my worry list.
Hi All

I almost don't fell right saying this today but got a BFP this morning! my beta (which they do do over here - I now know!) was 1083 which I have been told is very good!

I am so sorry to all those who have had BFN your time will come I am sure of that! thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and support you are all truely beautiful and strong women  x
Had my 4th beta today.  Went from 501 to 835.  66% increase, but did not double.  Hope that's ok.  I go back on Saturday to get more blood work.  
Awesome news! Congrats!!
Congratulations!  Please don't feel bad about sharing your good news.  For me, hearing about all the BFPs gives me hope that someday I'll get mine!

TinkyJ -- AWESOME! Congrats!!

llayton2010 -- YEAH! My RE says a 60% increase is a good sign. Keeping my fingers crossed.

seattleview -- don't worry! I'm sure everything is going to be fine! keep up posted!

As for me, I had a good meeting with my RE this afternoon.  Good news is that we have NO problems.  He thinks we would do better with a completely frozen transfer.  I had 1 frozen and 2 fresh implanted this time around.  He wants to try a completely frozen cycle and in the wait period between retrieval and transfer, have me take some different meds to increase the blood flow to my uterus.  I have a decent lining, but he would like to get it a bit thicker.  My plan is to wait until I get my period, start the stim meds and have the retrieval BEFORE we get on the plane for our vaca on Aug. 8th.  Re has his next round of IVF retrievals starting around August 4th.  It all depends on when I get my period.  If my period comes later that planned, then I'll have to wait until we get back from vaca to start stim meds.  I am somewhat happy I have a plan now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I am just curious as to what meds he is going to use to help thicken your uterus? I (along with a few of us) would love to hear, as we need that too! : )
Well I'm glad to hear you're at least somewhat happy. :)  I'm very curious as to why a completely frozen cycle might be better?  I was under the impression that fresh was always better, so this is interesting to me.
RE is talking about taking more estrogen along with progesterone.  Said something about an estrogen patch along with the progesterone suppositories.  He is saying a completely frozen cycle so there is more time to work with the extra hormones to thicken my uterine lining.  Usually you go right from having the retrieval to 3-6 days later having your transfer. If we freeze the embryos, we have a month, or more to see how taking the extra estrogen and progesterone effects the growth of the uterus. He says DH sperm look great, my eggs look great and the way the eggs fertilize and grow look great. He says the last thing to look at now is my uterine lining.  In his words, the seeds are doing well, it's the dirt we need to make sure is fertilized perfectly! I thought that was a great analogy.
Ahhh.... I see.  I understand the uterus lining and having time to work with it.  So, you'll be on lupron to then right?  That's what my new RE is doing... we have frozen embies now, and I'm on bc now, and then will move into lupron, that way he can get my uterus as thick as he would like it before the transfer and you aren't on a set time table...  A lot of people have success with FET's.  That's what I'm praying for : )  
My RE mentioned estrace pills/patches too and progesterone shots.  My issue is my uterus too... so hopefully we can both get that figured out, and move forward with positive outcomes!  

FYI, I got preggers on my first FET transferred, but m/c'd due to scarring on my uterus that they didn't know about. So, I am living proof FET's Work!  : )
My RE is still thinking about what my protocol will be for next round. He said just to call on day 2 of my period for a supression check and then will start whatever meds he comes up with.  He says my uterine lining looks good, could be thicker at time of transfer, but didn't think it would be an issue. I think he's grasping at straws for a reason. I'm hoping that he's right with needing to beef up my lining in time for a transfer.  Now it's the wait game until I get my period.  I think I just finished bleeding out everything from miscarrying. He says I should get my period in a few weeks. I hate waiting! I feel like throughout this whole process we just wait, wait and WAIT!  Lots of luck to you!!  I need to grow some follies so we can freeze some embryos before I get to a med protocol for helping my uterus.

Anyone else out there that has the same issues? What did your RE do for you?  Just wondering.
Good Luck! I know what you mean... when you have a plan gives you hope and something to look forward to! I hope it works and you do not have to wait long.
All we do is wait! :)
Foxy: Sorry to hear but glad to moving forward. A couple things for you, there is a pretty new protocal out there for endo lining taking Vit E (generally 600 3x day). Also, both times I ate pineapple starting transfer day I got pregger (lost the first).  Lastly, there was a "discovery" last year about progesterone levels. They found on a fresh cycle the progesterone can creep up and throw off the window for implantation (in a nutshell), so frozen cycles were more successful. Just some positive things to think about.
Thanks for the info. RE said there can be better success with frozen cycles but most MD's don't start with that protocol.  Strange that you have to go through such devestation before they move on to something they know is more successful. I have a ton of reading to do on this protocol now so I have the next couple of months to catch up.
I know exactly what you mean by trying a 'simpler' protocol on your first cycles and then adding options to your protocols once you have several failures.  Our first cycle we did only one week of BC, then right to lupron and stims, retrieval and 5 day transfer.  Cycle #2 I had a full month of birth control, all the rest was the same.  Then we did the frozen with an assisted hatch, so I was on progesterone suppositories and the estrogen/vivelle patch.  This time around we did the full month of BC, lupron and stims, progesterone in oil shots, vivelle patches, 3 day transfer, assisted hatch.  

If this works this cycle (I'm PRAYING it does), I know I'll wonder...well why didn't they try all this sooner?

I'm wondering if it has to do with cost and/or their success ratios?  or the risk to the potential mother and baby?

Anyone have any ideas?
yeah, my uterus was 8.5mm on my last transfer... would do anything to get it up there around 10mm or so!  I am going to start acupunture after my hysteroscopy at the beginning of July to help it he said I only needed to go 2x's a week 3 weeks before transfer to build up the uterus... since I am doing a FET... something else you might want to consider?  I think I will go out and by some VitE too! : )  I also drink Raspberry LEAF Tea to help strenghten the uterine muscle.  Hopefully this will all pay off in the end! It has been such a long long road!!!

SSBD to all!!!
Good questions! My RE did it all for my very first IVF. I think it depends on your RE's philosophy and experience. Not all RE's are as experienced in all areas and some RE's believe in trying to leave as much to "nature" as possible, which seems funny to me considering how unnatural it all is inherently. I did extensive research on the RE's in my area before selecting mine because I wanted one who has both been around for a while AND stays on top of current technology and utilizes it to the fullest.  So far so good since I did one IVF cycle and got a BFP last week. :)
My RE did talk to me about acupuncture. I have to look into whether there are any practioners in my area who specialize in infertility. I don't even know if there are any acupuncturists in my area. I really don't want to have to travel a distance to get to one. I have a lot of research to do on my own to see what things I can do naturally with diet/exercise/food on my own in conjunction with what RE will prescribe.  I have some weeks to read before I am due for my period.  I would have thought by now I would have stopped with the blood/discharge due to this miscarriage but I'm still having some issues, not heavy in the least, but I"m getting tired of having to wear a panty liner.  (Sorry TMI) I'm a tampon girl myself so I HATE wearing the liners and pads but I refuse to put a tampon in now because this isn't my period and I want everything to flow out of me to get rid of everything.  My RE is fantastic. He is up to date on all new technology but no doctor has a crystal ball and most doctors do want to try the least invasive first before moving on. I'm praying that this next round does work by freezing the embryos and taking extra meds to "beef up" my uterine lining BEFORE doing the transfer. Believe it or not,, my lining has been at 9mm for EVERY IUI and the 2 IVF's we did. I thought that would have been sufficient, but RE feels it can be a bit thicker since nothing is sticking.

How is everyone feeling?
just got the 5th and hopefully final beta results.  I am 5 wks 3 days today and my hcg levels went from 834 to 1646.  They scheduled me for an ultrasound on Wednesday when I'll be 6 weeks.  Crazy ride we are all on!
congrats! that's awesome!!!!
OMG!! That's GREAT news! Can't wait to hear about how the u/s goes. So happy for you!!
Congratulations llaytone2010!  Best wishes!  I was away on a business trip but got my period so I've been really bummed.  I'm going to make an appointment this week to see my doc because I have so many questions for him.  Thanks MHV for the Raspberry LEAF Tea tip!  My doc never mentioned anything about my uterine lining so I gathered it was okay but now that the IVF didn't work I wonder.

The short break will do me some good. My insurance only pays for IVF once in a lifetime so now I have to try my husbands insurance. If not, we'll have to pay out of pocket. Going to take a week off the week after next and relax by the beach because I really need it.  A little r&r will do be some good. Baby dust to all!!
Had some spotting this morning AGAIN!  They brought me in for U/S.  They didn't see anything on the U/S.  :(

Doctor took more blood to see my beta for today.  She said "let's keep our fingers crossed."  Doesn't look good!
I am praying you get wonderful news today.  Hang in there!
Hang in there girl! We're all praying for you.
Layon: Hope you get great news!

Kath: I am sorry, I know how you feel.

Foxy: Not to be Debbie Downer about acupuncture, and people do sware by it. I know I had to try everything, so I did it too. It did not have any improvement for me, actually my numbers still got worse not better on it. I just wanted to give you so feedback on it.  Dont drive yourself crazy, if you can find a place and it gives you peace of mind then go.
Good luck on whatever you decide.
B-
Spoke to my RE who suggested I come in for another U/S.  He said my cervix was closed and he could see a small sac, 6.5 mm.  I am still cramping and bleeding.  He said to come back in a week for another ultrasound.  
Hello girls,

I hope some of you still remember me in the list, well about 3 weeks ago i did write here about my brown discharge and it continues for almost 10 days after my 1st ultrasound on 6 weeks, my doctor gave me 2 more weeks to rest at home but I found it very boring so me and my husband decided to have 5 days short vacation just to get away and not to think about it..before we went for holiday i went for another check-up we saw the heartbeat but only one and not from two sacs as what we have seen before.

Whatever it is i felt relief and maybe singleton is the best for me..and we saw my old eggs are still there and the doctor suspect maybe the brown discharge is from the old eggs...however for the last 4 days i have not experience the discharge and they turn yellowish now (sorry for being too descriptive) and my next check up is on next friday..i am still nervous to be honest, cause i hardly have the pregnancy sympton except i feel so tired and if i walk 100 m i already felt i want to sit...but as my doctor said what else can we do except be patience and pray hard that it works towards healthy pregnancy and baby...I felt that my hips are getting bigger from the already big one, I am still on progestrone and duphaston, I hope to pass this 1st trimaster well and no more shocking and frightening experience. sometimes i feel so tired cause of my worry of whether is it going to work on not?

I just want everyone to know that I'm out. I miscarried.
Darla: I am so sorry. I hope you are staying strong, that is all we can do. I do not understand it, but I hope good things are to come for you.

Lemon:
I hope the one guy gets stronger and it turns out well.
B-
Hi guys,
I dont know if any of you remember me? But I just had the 2 failed donor egg IVF cycles... and only had the one frozen embie left to try with....
Well, we just got a BFP tonight. I'm 6 days past a day 6 blast transfer (FET)...
BETA is on Sat... We're very scared and in shock right now. I never thought i'd see a positive pregnany test in my life.
I havent been on in a while..i need to go read back and catch up on everyone....
Best of luck to you all!
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know how it feel but do stay strong.

Darla: I'm so very sorry.
OMG!!!  I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!  That is AWESOME news!!!! YIPPEEE!!!  I can't wait to here what your beta is!!!  I am Soooo happy for you!  You so deserve that BFP!!! CONGRATS! : )
Congrats!!! how exciting! i remember reading your posts in early May. Gosh that last embie did the trick!!! can't wait to hear beta #.
Thanks for the well wishes! I really appreciate it! :o)
I cheated today and went in a day early for my BETA..
it was 44.. Blah... dont think thats too good a number. But the nurse said she was happy with it and that she wasnt worried.. (she says that about everything though...lol)
I've been trying to research BETA numbers and it seems that it is a pretty low number...
I have to go back on Monday and re-test...that will tell us more.
How are you all doing??
Don't be discouraged by your Beta!  You had it done early! : )  I can't wait to hear those #'s climb!  When do you test again?  
Hey girls. I have decided to take a break from treatments. I'm going to focus more now on my health and losing a little bit of weight. I'm still going to be checking in on how everyone is doing so I hope you girls keep posting.

Do any of you have good news from this cycle from May? I'm hoping to be able to get myself into a good placed both mentally and physically over the next several months. I'm looking forward to my vacation in August. I think I was more devestated from this miscarriage than I was back in December.

I wish you all the best!
Hi there. I think it sounds like it's a good thing for you to take a break and focus on yourself. We all need to do that now and then.

I'm still pregnant...but still worried about things that could go wrong. I had good 6 and 8 week ultrasounds...now waiting for my 12 week OB appointment. I wonder when (if?) I'll be able to breathe a true sigh of relief with this pregnancy. Maybe not until I'm actually holding the little one in my arms...

Have fun on your vacation next month!
Hello ladies.

Sorry it took so long to respond to everyone. I needed time to heal phycially and mentally after what happened. The good news is I'm back to my old self (plus a few extra pounds that will be coming off soon) and I'm ready to ttc again. Doing FET once aunt flow arrives. I wish I could stay on this forum but if all goes well I will be on the Sept or Oct IVF forums. Everyone on here has been great, and are such strong wonderful women.

To all the soon to be mommies have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

To everyone else please take care of yourselves. I still see children in everyone's future.

Much love,

Darla   :)
Glad to see you on here.  I had a m/c as well and hope to do a Sept or Oct cycle.  We'll start our group together!  I would love to get an update on how everyone is progressing, most should be starting their second trimesters by now.
I dont know if any of you remember me? But I had my first FET failed ((donor egg) on 04/26. I'm in my second FE cycle. FET was last Monday 08/02 and today my hpt was neg:o(  My Beta will be next Monday 08/16. I still have four frozen embie left to try with....

Best of luck to you all!

I am sorry about you hpt. Good luck with the frozen guys. I just signed the paperwork requesting a donor. So I just at the start of a donor process. Good luck to you! B
  Hi Everyone,
     I came here to see what everyone was experiencing and get a heads up on what is to come for me and my husband.  I had two beautiful children right out of high school.  My ex-husband... well lets just say there was little about him that was any good.  After my daughter was born I had my tubes tied so I would have anymore babies to him.  After 13 years I finally left.  I reconnected with my now husband, the man I really should have been with all along.  We both have children of our own, but because of my tubal we can't have one of our own.  Our insurance will not pay for a reversal but will pay for 6 cycles of IVF 100%.  Go figure.
     I just want to hear from actual women what this is going to be like and what to exspect.  We want a baby of our own sssooo badly.  Our appointment is July 25th this Monday.  Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Viewing 201-387 comments: