May IVF cycle support
Anyone in an IVF cycle that just started or starting in May? Why not have a chat/support group to keep each other going?? My embryo transfer should be around May 10th... Would love to share and have some support along the way. This is my last chance with a fresh cycle (using a donor this time) so I"m getting nervous. Thanks!!!
I am so sorry to hear of your news.  I am praying and thinking of you-you are a strong and brave woman, and you will get through this.  I'm here for you!

Faith
OMG! That's such a good number! I'm so happy for you! Good luck. Get lots of rest and keep us posted.
Thanks! I'm feeling a little better today. Yesterday was really hard for me at work. I am having a more difficult time with this miscarriage than I did with my first back in December. Don't know why.  I can't wait until my appointment tomorrow so I can find out what the RE is thinking and see how we move forward and when to expect to start again.

DH planned a vacation for the beginning of August. Out to Vegas for a few days, driving to LA for a few days and then driving to San Francisco for a few days. Gambling, sun at the pool/beach and sight seeing. Just what I need!
Hey girls! I'm heading to the RE office this afternoon to hopefully get some answers and a game plan. DH booked our vaca out to Vegas, LA and San Fran. Can't wait!! I so need a break right now.

How is everyone else doing? Any good news???
I hope u figure something out then u go go on vacation and just relax
Be sure to let us know what the RE says. No news from me yet. I'm still just worrying about all the things that could possibly go wrong while waiting for my first pregnancy ultrasound next Thursday. Then I'm hoping I can at least cross my blighted ovum obsession off my worry list.
Hi All

I almost don't fell right saying this today but got a BFP this morning! my beta (which they do do over here - I now know!) was 1083 which I have been told is very good!

I am so sorry to all those who have had BFN your time will come I am sure of that! thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and support you are all truely beautiful and strong women  x
Had my 4th beta today.  Went from 501 to 835.  66% increase, but did not double.  Hope that's ok.  I go back on Saturday to get more blood work.  
Awesome news! Congrats!!
Congratulations!  Please don't feel bad about sharing your good news.  For me, hearing about all the BFPs gives me hope that someday I'll get mine!

TinkyJ -- AWESOME! Congrats!!

llayton2010 -- YEAH! My RE says a 60% increase is a good sign. Keeping my fingers crossed.

seattleview -- don't worry! I'm sure everything is going to be fine! keep up posted!

As for me, I had a good meeting with my RE this afternoon.  Good news is that we have NO problems.  He thinks we would do better with a completely frozen transfer.  I had 1 frozen and 2 fresh implanted this time around.  He wants to try a completely frozen cycle and in the wait period between retrieval and transfer, have me take some different meds to increase the blood flow to my uterus.  I have a decent lining, but he would like to get it a bit thicker.  My plan is to wait until I get my period, start the stim meds and have the retrieval BEFORE we get on the plane for our vaca on Aug. 8th.  Re has his next round of IVF retrievals starting around August 4th.  It all depends on when I get my period.  If my period comes later that planned, then I'll have to wait until we get back from vaca to start stim meds.  I am somewhat happy I have a plan now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I am just curious as to what meds he is going to use to help thicken your uterus? I (along with a few of us) would love to hear, as we need that too! : )
Well I'm glad to hear you're at least somewhat happy. :)  I'm very curious as to why a completely frozen cycle might be better?  I was under the impression that fresh was always better, so this is interesting to me.
RE is talking about taking more estrogen along with progesterone.  Said something about an estrogen patch along with the progesterone suppositories.  He is saying a completely frozen cycle so there is more time to work with the extra hormones to thicken my uterine lining.  Usually you go right from having the retrieval to 3-6 days later having your transfer. If we freeze the embryos, we have a month, or more to see how taking the extra estrogen and progesterone effects the growth of the uterus. He says DH sperm look great, my eggs look great and the way the eggs fertilize and grow look great. He says the last thing to look at now is my uterine lining.  In his words, the seeds are doing well, it's the dirt we need to make sure is fertilized perfectly! I thought that was a great analogy.
Ahhh.... I see.  I understand the uterus lining and having time to work with it.  So, you'll be on lupron to then right?  That's what my new RE is doing... we have frozen embies now, and I'm on bc now, and then will move into lupron, that way he can get my uterus as thick as he would like it before the transfer and you aren't on a set time table...  A lot of people have success with FET's.  That's what I'm praying for : )  
My RE mentioned estrace pills/patches too and progesterone shots.  My issue is my uterus too... so hopefully we can both get that figured out, and move forward with positive outcomes!  

FYI, I got preggers on my first FET transferred, but m/c'd due to scarring on my uterus that they didn't know about. So, I am living proof FET's Work!  : )
My RE is still thinking about what my protocol will be for next round. He said just to call on day 2 of my period for a supression check and then will start whatever meds he comes up with.  He says my uterine lining looks good, could be thicker at time of transfer, but didn't think it would be an issue. I think he's grasping at straws for a reason. I'm hoping that he's right with needing to beef up my lining in time for a transfer.  Now it's the wait game until I get my period.  I think I just finished bleeding out everything from miscarrying. He says I should get my period in a few weeks. I hate waiting! I feel like throughout this whole process we just wait, wait and WAIT!  Lots of luck to you!!  I need to grow some follies so we can freeze some embryos before I get to a med protocol for helping my uterus.

Anyone else out there that has the same issues? What did your RE do for you?  Just wondering.
Good Luck! I know what you mean... when you have a plan gives you hope and something to look forward to! I hope it works and you do not have to wait long.
All we do is wait! :)
Foxy: Sorry to hear but glad to moving forward. A couple things for you, there is a pretty new protocal out there for endo lining taking Vit E (generally 600 3x day). Also, both times I ate pineapple starting transfer day I got pregger (lost the first).  Lastly, there was a "discovery" last year about progesterone levels. They found on a fresh cycle the progesterone can creep up and throw off the window for implantation (in a nutshell), so frozen cycles were more successful. Just some positive things to think about.
Thanks for the info. RE said there can be better success with frozen cycles but most MD's don't start with that protocol.  Strange that you have to go through such devestation before they move on to something they know is more successful. I have a ton of reading to do on this protocol now so I have the next couple of months to catch up.
I know exactly what you mean by trying a 'simpler' protocol on your first cycles and then adding options to your protocols once you have several failures.  Our first cycle we did only one week of BC, then right to lupron and stims, retrieval and 5 day transfer.  Cycle #2 I had a full month of birth control, all the rest was the same.  Then we did the frozen with an assisted hatch, so I was on progesterone suppositories and the estrogen/vivelle patch.  This time around we did the full month of BC, lupron and stims, progesterone in oil shots, vivelle patches, 3 day transfer, assisted hatch.  

If this works this cycle (I'm PRAYING it does), I know I'll wonder...well why didn't they try all this sooner?

I'm wondering if it has to do with cost and/or their success ratios?  or the risk to the potential mother and baby?

Anyone have any ideas?
yeah, my uterus was 8.5mm on my last transfer... would do anything to get it up there around 10mm or so!  I am going to start acupunture after my hysteroscopy at the beginning of July to help it he said I only needed to go 2x's a week 3 weeks before transfer to build up the uterus... since I am doing a FET... something else you might want to consider?  I think I will go out and by some VitE too! : )  I also drink Raspberry LEAF Tea to help strenghten the uterine muscle.  Hopefully this will all pay off in the end! It has been such a long long road!!!

SSBD to all!!!
Good questions! My RE did it all for my very first IVF. I think it depends on your RE's philosophy and experience. Not all RE's are as experienced in all areas and some RE's believe in trying to leave as much to "nature" as possible, which seems funny to me considering how unnatural it all is inherently. I did extensive research on the RE's in my area before selecting mine because I wanted one who has both been around for a while AND stays on top of current technology and utilizes it to the fullest.  So far so good since I did one IVF cycle and got a BFP last week. :)
My RE did talk to me about acupuncture. I have to look into whether there are any practioners in my area who specialize in infertility. I don't even know if there are any acupuncturists in my area. I really don't want to have to travel a distance to get to one. I have a lot of research to do on my own to see what things I can do naturally with diet/exercise/food on my own in conjunction with what RE will prescribe.  I have some weeks to read before I am due for my period.  I would have thought by now I would have stopped with the blood/discharge due to this miscarriage but I'm still having some issues, not heavy in the least, but I"m getting tired of having to wear a panty liner.  (Sorry TMI) I'm a tampon girl myself so I HATE wearing the liners and pads but I refuse to put a tampon in now because this isn't my period and I want everything to flow out of me to get rid of everything.  My RE is fantastic. He is up to date on all new technology but no doctor has a crystal ball and most doctors do want to try the least invasive first before moving on. I'm praying that this next round does work by freezing the embryos and taking extra meds to "beef up" my uterine lining BEFORE doing the transfer. Believe it or not,, my lining has been at 9mm for EVERY IUI and the 2 IVF's we did. I thought that would have been sufficient, but RE feels it can be a bit thicker since nothing is sticking.

How is everyone feeling?
just got the 5th and hopefully final beta results.  I am 5 wks 3 days today and my hcg levels went from 834 to 1646.  They scheduled me for an ultrasound on Wednesday when I'll be 6 weeks.  Crazy ride we are all on!
congrats! that's awesome!!!!
OMG!! That's GREAT news! Can't wait to hear about how the u/s goes. So happy for you!!
Congratulations llaytone2010!  Best wishes!  I was away on a business trip but got my period so I've been really bummed.  I'm going to make an appointment this week to see my doc because I have so many questions for him.  Thanks MHV for the Raspberry LEAF Tea tip!  My doc never mentioned anything about my uterine lining so I gathered it was okay but now that the IVF didn't work I wonder.

The short break will do me some good. My insurance only pays for IVF once in a lifetime so now I have to try my husbands insurance. If not, we'll have to pay out of pocket. Going to take a week off the week after next and relax by the beach because I really need it.  A little r&r will do be some good. Baby dust to all!!
Had some spotting this morning AGAIN!  They brought me in for U/S.  They didn't see anything on the U/S.  :(

Doctor took more blood to see my beta for today.  She said "let's keep our fingers crossed."  Doesn't look good!
I am praying you get wonderful news today.  Hang in there!
Hang in there girl! We're all praying for you.
Layon: Hope you get great news!

Kath: I am sorry, I know how you feel.

Foxy: Not to be Debbie Downer about acupuncture, and people do sware by it. I know I had to try everything, so I did it too. It did not have any improvement for me, actually my numbers still got worse not better on it. I just wanted to give you so feedback on it.  Dont drive yourself crazy, if you can find a place and it gives you peace of mind then go.
Good luck on whatever you decide.
B-
Spoke to my RE who suggested I come in for another U/S.  He said my cervix was closed and he could see a small sac, 6.5 mm.  I am still cramping and bleeding.  He said to come back in a week for another ultrasound.  
Hello girls,

I hope some of you still remember me in the list, well about 3 weeks ago i did write here about my brown discharge and it continues for almost 10 days after my 1st ultrasound on 6 weeks, my doctor gave me 2 more weeks to rest at home but I found it very boring so me and my husband decided to have 5 days short vacation just to get away and not to think about it..before we went for holiday i went for another check-up we saw the heartbeat but only one and not from two sacs as what we have seen before.

Whatever it is i felt relief and maybe singleton is the best for me..and we saw my old eggs are still there and the doctor suspect maybe the brown discharge is from the old eggs...however for the last 4 days i have not experience the discharge and they turn yellowish now (sorry for being too descriptive) and my next check up is on next friday..i am still nervous to be honest, cause i hardly have the pregnancy sympton except i feel so tired and if i walk 100 m i already felt i want to sit...but as my doctor said what else can we do except be patience and pray hard that it works towards healthy pregnancy and baby...I felt that my hips are getting bigger from the already big one, I am still on progestrone and duphaston, I hope to pass this 1st trimaster well and no more shocking and frightening experience. sometimes i feel so tired cause of my worry of whether is it going to work on not?

I just want everyone to know that I'm out. I miscarried.
Darla: I am so sorry. I hope you are staying strong, that is all we can do. I do not understand it, but I hope good things are to come for you.

Lemon:
I hope the one guy gets stronger and it turns out well.
B-
Hi guys,
I dont know if any of you remember me? But I just had the 2 failed donor egg IVF cycles... and only had the one frozen embie left to try with....
Well, we just got a BFP tonight. I'm 6 days past a day 6 blast transfer (FET)...
BETA is on Sat... We're very scared and in shock right now. I never thought i'd see a positive pregnany test in my life.
I havent been on in a while..i need to go read back and catch up on everyone....
Best of luck to you all!
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know how it feel but do stay strong.

Darla: I'm so very sorry.
OMG!!!  I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!  That is AWESOME news!!!! YIPPEEE!!!  I can't wait to here what your beta is!!!  I am Soooo happy for you!  You so deserve that BFP!!! CONGRATS! : )
Congrats!!! how exciting! i remember reading your posts in early May. Gosh that last embie did the trick!!! can't wait to hear beta #.
Thanks for the well wishes! I really appreciate it! :o)
I cheated today and went in a day early for my BETA..
it was 44.. Blah... dont think thats too good a number. But the nurse said she was happy with it and that she wasnt worried.. (she says that about everything though...lol)
I've been trying to research BETA numbers and it seems that it is a pretty low number...
I have to go back on Monday and re-test...that will tell us more.
How are you all doing??
Don't be discouraged by your Beta!  You had it done early! : )  I can't wait to hear those #'s climb!  When do you test again?  
Hey girls. I have decided to take a break from treatments. I'm going to focus more now on my health and losing a little bit of weight. I'm still going to be checking in on how everyone is doing so I hope you girls keep posting.

Do any of you have good news from this cycle from May? I'm hoping to be able to get myself into a good placed both mentally and physically over the next several months. I'm looking forward to my vacation in August. I think I was more devestated from this miscarriage than I was back in December.

I wish you all the best!
Hi there. I think it sounds like it's a good thing for you to take a break and focus on yourself. We all need to do that now and then.

I'm still pregnant...but still worried about things that could go wrong. I had good 6 and 8 week ultrasounds...now waiting for my 12 week OB appointment. I wonder when (if?) I'll be able to breathe a true sigh of relief with this pregnancy. Maybe not until I'm actually holding the little one in my arms...

Have fun on your vacation next month!
Hello ladies.

Sorry it took so long to respond to everyone. I needed time to heal phycially and mentally after what happened. The good news is I'm back to my old self (plus a few extra pounds that will be coming off soon) and I'm ready to ttc again. Doing FET once aunt flow arrives. I wish I could stay on this forum but if all goes well I will be on the Sept or Oct IVF forums. Everyone on here has been great, and are such strong wonderful women.

To all the soon to be mommies have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

To everyone else please take care of yourselves. I still see children in everyone's future.

Much love,

Darla   :)
Glad to see you on here.  I had a m/c as well and hope to do a Sept or Oct cycle.  We'll start our group together!  I would love to get an update on how everyone is progressing, most should be starting their second trimesters by now.
I dont know if any of you remember me? But I had my first FET failed ((donor egg) on 04/26. I'm in my second FE cycle. FET was last Monday 08/02 and today my hpt was neg:o(  My Beta will be next Monday 08/16. I still have four frozen embie left to try with....

Best of luck to you all!

I am sorry about you hpt. Good luck with the frozen guys. I just signed the paperwork requesting a donor. So I just at the start of a donor process. Good luck to you! B
  Hi Everyone,
     I came here to see what everyone was experiencing and get a heads up on what is to come for me and my husband.  I had two beautiful children right out of high school.  My ex-husband... well lets just say there was little about him that was any good.  After my daughter was born I had my tubes tied so I would have anymore babies to him.  After 13 years I finally left.  I reconnected with my now husband, the man I really should have been with all along.  We both have children of our own, but because of my tubal we can't have one of our own.  Our insurance will not pay for a reversal but will pay for 6 cycles of IVF 100%.  Go figure.
     I just want to hear from actual women what this is going to be like and what to exspect.  We want a baby of our own sssooo badly.  Our appointment is July 25th this Monday.  Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.