Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
May-June 2011 IVF'ers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-311 comments:
Hubby does give them to me nightly, i dread them too lol, some days are great and some not so great lol a few bruises about sums it up lol. I am def not a big water drinker, ill drink it with some lemon but yesterday I was sooo thirsty I didnt even need any lemon I was just drinking, I think I drank almost 8 cups of water yesterday, and I usually barely only drink one!! I am trying to drink more since its really important for the baby. DH keeps saying, "i cant believe your pregnant' lol and walking around with this silly grin lol. The shots are worth it. I would do them all over again for this result!!! and Ill take/do whatever I have to, to make sure this baby is healthy and stays there growing for the next 9 months!

Here's to Hoping! Babydust and love to all!
thats good news congrats, good luck for the transfer hope all goes smoothly.

MJinWaiting yay thats great news keep us up dated with the beta results on thursday.

tryinforbaby3 you be drinking plenty of water if you are pregnant your body uses up more water i love water lol i usually get through 5litres a week or just a bit more but last month i been getting through 3 bottles of 5litre bottles a week. good luck with your beta hope its a  high positive beta. im too on the progesterone injections DH does it every night i have never seen such a big needle go in me lol i will be taking them untill at least 12 weeks or more when the placenta fully takes over producing it, my progesterone has dropped from 328- 234 i hope this isnt a bad sign and it dont go low
tweet25:  Eeegads!  That's a lot of water!  I used to be an avid CocaCola fan, but when I found out a couple years ago that the caffeine can affect fertility I switched to caffeine free.  Used to crave one first thing in the morning, but the past couple of days I've just wanted a huge glass of orange juice or milk.  Funny how the body changes, or my mind set has.

MJinWaiting:  DH sounds sweet :0).  Although my DH is really excited too and emotional Sunday when he saw the HPT, he is being cautiously optimistic.  Me too I suppose....at least until tomorrow.  We've been on this emotional rollercoaster and have been disappointed beyond belief when we were doing IUI and it didn't work.  He said he will be fully excited at the end of the 1st trimester.  I know he is doing this to protect me in case it doesn't come to its fruition...he knows I will be devasted.  But, I'm not thinking that way!  I'm staying positive knowing it will happen.

They will be checking my progesterone level tomorrow too.  It was in the 250s on Sunday.  We'll wait and see!
@tweet...thanks for the support and I'm so excited for you.  It's interesting that they've put you on Dexamethasone.  We use Dex injections to treat chronic asthma and allergies in horses too.

@MJinWaiting...That's great news on your HPT and I'm sure your beta on Thursday will go very well.

@trying...I had to laugh when I read your comments about water and coke.  I have to spruce mine up too with a slice of lemon or orange, and I am an avid Dr. Pepper fan and still am, but I have weaned myself off of it.  Ahh, what I wouldn't give for one on some days though?  Lol  Good luck on your beta tomorrow.  I'm sure it will be a BFP just like the HPTs have been.

I started the progesterone injections again tonight.  DH is doing them and he has definitely got the hang of it after all the prog. injections he had to give me during our first attempt.  I know they will be so worth it if it means I will get pregnant.
Hi Ladies!

I went for the blood draw this morning and the results will be in this afternoon.  The day I felt the shooting cramp and had a spot of fresh blood was super late, 11 DPO, and my first HPT was 13DPO with first response, which would fall in line with a very late implant.  I'm praying that's the case because my HCG is super low.  Even with a late implant, I think it should still be higher...  

MJ, that is so exciting.  I am so happy for you.  Those hpt companies made a ton off of me too.  And I was the first person in line at the lab on Monday morning.  Was expecting bad news only to find out I was getting doubling.  I was extremely tired yesterday and the day before so I hope that's good news.  I made friends with the lady at the lab a few months back when I had to do drug screening for a new job.  I tried to help her and today she returned the favor by letting me in the lab 30 minutes before they opened and drawing my blood for me.  I'm a mess hoping that this was just late implantation and I am going to have a healthy baby.   Keep us posted.

Hoping, what great fertilization this time around!  We had 10 fertilize and we put 2 in and froze 3!!!  I am so excited for you.

I'm doing the progesterone suppositories 3 xs a day and estrogen shots twice a week.

I was supposed to go to Dallas, TX today but told my boss what is going on and was released from going on the trip.  Whew.  
Mustang-your spirits seem to be back up again which is so important!! POsitive sticky vibes to you and your little one I pray for only doubling high numbers on your beta!!!

Hoping2b-Yes my DH is getting pretty good at the shots too lol he says "just call me DR. JOHNSON!!!" lol Its funny how they adapt to it too.

tweet-I could never drink that much water if i tried lol. I am def trying to drink more for sure though!! Its a must when carrying a baby!!!

Trying-Dh is very sweet to me. I lucked out, I married my best friend. Sometimes I really have to stop in the middle of the day to tell him I appreciate him bc there is NO WAY that I would have gotten through all this if it wasnt for him. I think that makes him feel more involved too which is good for him. Its great to have that support from DH. I cant wait to hear your beta today!! ahhhhh

Ladies-I took another HPT this morning, its like im so excited to go to bed bc i know in the morning i can take another test lol. It was darker!! yayyyy I was concerned yesterday but seems it really was just all the water I was drinking lol. Beta tomorrow cant come soon enough!!! Just gotta get through today. Im exhausted!!! I feel like I could sleep all day and eat all day lol. I am still a little crampy off and on, DH says its the baby pinching me to let me know he/she is there and there to stay lol.

Here's to Hoping! Love and Babydust to all!!
Tick....tock....tick....tock....this wait is torture I tell ya!  

Have looked at so many sites on beta numbers and the averages.  I suppose I've waited for 4 years for this that I can wait another couple of hours....

Did get another positive on digital HPT :0)...
Im going to take the digital tomorrow morning, I only have one, but I got a positive on the lines FRER that I took this morning. What time will your office call you? its getting there!!!

What were the average beta numbers that you researched?

have you still not heard anything if you all those positives on hpt then im sure you get a good beta.

i still dont understand why my progesterone is dropping but at the mo they are not concerned to much as its above the normal level
8 days post transfer beta is 274!  Yahoooooo!   It's official :0)

Retest on Friday....double....double.....double....

MJinWaiting: I just googled "average beta levels in early pregnancy"....there's tons!

Don't know if I can wipe this smile off my face anytime soon!
yay im happy for you great numbers im sure they will double.
hope you have a happy 9 months
MJ...I am sooo excited for you!!  I can't wait to hear what your beta results are tomorrow!  I also married my best friend and have to stop myself too sometimes and tell him how much I love and appreciate him.  There is NO WAY I could go through this without him.  And yes they do adapt to all this so well...lol.

Trying...That's awesome news about your beta.  I'll be saying prayers that it continues to double!!

Mustang...I can't wait to hear your news about your beta.  I've said a couple of prayers already for you today my fellow horse buddy:-)  Sorry you had to cancel your trip to Dallas, but you definitely need to rest.  The weather here ***** right now anyway...100+ degrees=miserable.
Thank you all!  I am so excited....dinner out tonight it is...celebration time :0)

tweet 25: they didn't have my progesterone level yet so I'm still waiting for that.  It's good that your doc is not concerned about the level and that it is above the norm as it is.  When is the next blood draw to check?  I'll be praying for you.

I am soooooo very grateful to have found this site.  All of your support is appreciated beyond measure.  No one truly knows what we've gone through to get to this point unless they've been there themselves.....thanks ladies!
hope you had a nice meal out and enjoyed your night.
tahnkyou my next blood is tomorrow and another scan

MJinWaiting keep us updated on your beta
Hey ladies!!

Trying -what a great beta!!! How many did you transfer? Do you think thats high enough for multiples? Im so excited for you!!!

I went this morning to get my blood drawn and they will call me around 2 or 3 this afternoon to give me the results....what was that trying? tick....tock......tick......tock   lol I feel like this will be the longest wait ever lol.

Ill keep you all posted!!!!

@Trying...Hope you had a great dinner out and a great celebration!  You definitely should be.

@MJ...I can't wait to hear what your beta results are....:-)

All of your positives are giving me hope that I cna get a positive too!  Sometimes it's hard to believe that after so many negatives.  I'm waiting on the embryologist to call today with a report on my little embies.  Hopefully all of them are dividing and growing and doing well.
AHHHHHHHH just got the official word!!! my beta was 268!!! WAHOOOOOOO

I totally cannot focus at work right now lol

Hoping2b-Cant wait to hear about your embies and your transfer, and let me tell you after 17 months of trying and 17 negatives and probably 3 times that in negative tests I finally got my BFP. Its hard to wait and still stay positive, even after everything we did I really was sooo surprised at my BFP bc i never believed we would be here...pregnant. Your time will def come and I have faith that its now!!!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Trying-Im so glad to have found this community too! Were blessed to have eachother for support and encouragement and prayers!

I feel very close to you all!

Here's to Hoping!! Babydust and Love to all!!
That is so AWESOME!!!  I am so excited for you I could jump up and down right here at work!!!  LOL

I'm trying very hard to stay positive and focus on this time and not the others.  We've been trying for 5 years and got pregnant once on our own and I miscarried at 7 weeks and then were not able to get pregnant again on our own.  We've had 1 failed IUI and 1 failed IVF, so I am trying to stay positive that this 2nd IVF attmept will be "The One"!  I'll keep you updated on what the embryologist says and the transfer.

Again...a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you and your DH!  I am so excited for you both:-)  
I just heard from the embryologist.  All 10 embies are still alive.  They grade them on a scale of 1-5 (with 1 being the highest quality).  I have (3) grade 1, (2) grade 2, (2) grade 3, and (3) grade 4.  They are going to transfer (2) of the grade 1s on Saturday and they said that there is about a 30% chance that the remaining grade 1 and 2s will make it to freeze.  The grade 3 and 4 have a very low chance of making it to freeze.  

I'm pretty excited and thinking positive since we only had 2 embies in our first cycle that were both grade 2s.  So I think this cycle is already an improvement;-)
thats fantastic another BFP im glad its working out for you ladies that have been trying for so long.

Hoping2BAMom thats great news you must be very happy i hope for a smooth transfere.
Ladies, what great news!  I am so excited for all of you.

Hoping, I am excited for your transfer.  

I got bad news yesterday.  My beta is still rising but only by 50% in 2 days.  My doctor gave me the option of going off of my meds and calling it quits or staying on meds for 2 weeks and then seeing if there is a sac and fetal pole via US.   I opted for the 2nd option.  She told me that there is a small chance that this pregnancy is viable. It's not looking good; but I am going to try and stay positive.  
MJinWaiting:  Yahoooooooooo! So happy for you!  I transferred two embies.  I got my results first from my regular ob office.  When my fertility nurse called she said my numbers were really good, and her words "looks like 2".  However, I've been told, and read that beta numbers can't really determine that???  Not sure why she would say that if she didn't know?  She's been doing this a long time and has probably seen lots of numbers....we'll just wait and see. :0)  My progesterone was great too.  She said, "you're just going over and beyond in all areas".....she must not know me very well because that is totally my personality! lol

tweet: looking forward to hearing your results

Hoping: good news on your embies....praying for those 2 #1's!

Mustang:  Sending positive thoughts your way that all goes well...

Can't believe this is finally happening....it seems very surreal still....hoping tomorrow is a good number too!

DH called his mom last night and said, "I'm going to be a dad....not just a stepdad"...he's very happy and beaming.  I am so happy that I am able to bless him with this most precious gift.

Thanks everyone for your support.  You ladies really are a true blessing:-)  

Mustang...I would have chosen option number 2 as well.  It's not over yet!  I'll be praying for you girl!

Trying...I'm so excited for you and your DH!!  How awesome would it be if it is indeed two?!  It will be a two for one deal....that's what my mom tells me about transferring two.  She is really hoping we have two...lol.  I am hoping for whatever I can get!

Mustang good choice its not over yet you never kno what can happen its good your levels are still rising.

trying hope your numbers have gone up today.

my hcg its nice and high like 40,000 my scan looked all good with baby measuring at 6 weeks 4 days and im 6 weeks 3 days so thats good
That is great news on your numbers and especially the scan.  He or she is growing, growing, growing!!  Here's to a happy and healthy 8 more months!!
@ MJinWaiting::  great news Congratulations...
@ MustangSally14: Be positive, good luck, will keep u in my prayers.
@Hoping2BAMom : good luck with this cycle...this is the one for u.

At last my story. yesterday I had my retrieval.they retrieved 20 eggs. got call from hospital this morning.5 matured already, so out of 15, 9 fertilized. they said they'll call me tomorrow again to decide day 3 transfer or day 5 transfer. Don't what to do till tomorrow 9am. time is not moving.
Anybody can share their opinion on day3, day5 transfers, as this is my First IVF i have no idea about it....

I'll keep all ladies here in my prayers...goodluck ladies :))
Went for my 2nd beta draw this morning....now the waiting....feeling a bit nauseaus this morning....not sure if it's the anticipation or if I'm finally getting the tell tale sign :0).  Took 2 naps yesterday!  Still drinking lots of water....can't wait to find out the numbers for today.

Tweet:  Nice!  Super excited for you and yours!  Keep up the good work....you're 1/2 way there and then it's smooth sailing! :0)

PLS83: My embies were actually 6 days with one already beginning to hatch.  I've read that 5 day transfers follow more closely the natural timing of the fertilized egg.  I've also read many success stories on 3 day transfers too.  I'm sure your doctor will choose which he thinks is best.  Good luck!
The number is in!  Drum roll...........617! Yahoo!  A little more than double......I am crying tears of joy. :0)  God is good....
thankyou im so excited but nervous too you never know whats going to happen, i am looking to the next 8 months though. ive had no morning sickness just feeling nausea.

PLS83 thats great news on your embies im sure your doctor will make the right choice depending on how healthy your embies look if they think they look good quality and will survive till day 5 then they may wait other wise they will do day 3 and the less eggs you got the more likely they will do a day 3 but you 9 eggs.

tryinforbaby thats a great second beta do you go back for more BW
I'll know more when my fertility nurse calls...I got the results from my regular OB.  She did say on Wednesday that I'll have an ultrasound and other blood work at their office next week.  Can't wait to see the little bean(s)! :0)
@trying....That is Awesome news!!!  A little more than doubling is great.  I'm so so excited for you!!  

@PLS83...Congrats on all your fertilized little embies...that's wonderful!  This is my 2nd IVF attempt and they are doing a 5 day transfer (tomorrow morning...I'm SO excited).  In my fist IVF attempt they did a 3 day transfer.  I went and read as much as I could find about both online.  Basically there is good and bad on both and there doesn't seem to be any consesus as to which one is better.  Some like the 3dt because it puts the embryo back into it's natural environment sooner.  Others like the 5dt because it has divided into a blastocyst before its put back in.  I have seen here on the forum people getting BFP with both.  I think getting your RE and embryologist advice and opinions is the best thing to do.  You'll be in my prayers.  Try to keep yourself as busy and occupied between now and tomorrow as possible.
Thank you all for ur replies. yeah def. my doc will decide that but u know this curiosity won't let me sit calm until tomorrow.
I have one more Question. I know Im asking too many Questions..
I have to start my progesterone oil from today onward.  I asked my nurse all the questions about dosage but i forgot to mention about needles sizes.
I have 3ml syringe with 22G 1 1/2 needle (for draw up). 25 g 1 1/2 needle for inject.
but here in some videos they r using 18 g (for draw up). 22 g to inject.
Is it okay?
I should give my nurse a call but its after hours.
I guess someone can help me over here now.

thats great...goodluck for tomorrow..fingers crossed.
Hey!!! I had my second beta today and my number more than doubled too!!! My first was 268 and todays (48 hours later) was 681 (150 more than double) Im soooo excited and the nurse is very happy with that!!

Hoping2b-How was your transfer this morning??? Im hoping it went really well!!

Tweet-congrats that sounds great!! im so excited for your next 8 months!!

Trying-Im so excited for your beta!!! looks like were on the right track!!! And im so happy for all of us!!!

Mustang- i would def have opted for the 2nd choice. Please keep us posted, your still in my prayers!!

PLS- Have you gotten notice for a 3day or 5 day yet?? I hope it goes well! 9 fertilized is a great number and i hope you get some to freeze as well.

I go back on monday for another beta!!

Here's to Hoping! Babydust and Love to all!!
Fertility nurse called late yesterday afternoon....sheesh, you'd think they'd know how anxious we all are for results! (although I already knew mine...but still...) lol

I go next Friday for my first ultrasound and blood work.  The nurse said they didn't need to do another beta any sooner because my numbers were so good.  She also said I could see a variety of things....a yolk sac and a gestational sac.  Just a gestational sac.....just a yolk sac...or two.  Leaves my imagination to wonder what I'm going to see....excited though!

Progesterone levels were still really good too.  She said just keep doing everything the same.....so I will.

MJinWaiting:  Good luck on Monday with your 2nd beta.

Happy, happy days everyone!  Enjoy the weekend!
I had my transfer this morning.  They transferred 2 blast and everything went very smoothly.  It looks like the might be able to freeze three of the remaining ones, but won't know for sure until tomorrow.  Now I have until July 5 to wait for my beta.  At least it's less than 2 weeks...

I've spent most of the day today sleeping and watching movies.  I'm trying to stay very positive, but every so often I remember the BFN from our first attempt and I start to worry.  So I am trying NOT to focus on that, and stay positive.

PLS83...I have the 18G needles to draw up the progesterone and 22G needles for the injections.  They're all 1 1.2 inches long.  

Trying...that's so exciting going for your first ultrasound.  Can't wait to hear how that goes.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well.  Keeping all of you in my prayers.
lucky you not having to wait too long you got 1 week 1 day left.
get lots of rest aswell as doing few things hope this your time.

trying thats exciting for you ultrascan already you may or may not see the heart beat i saw mine at 5 weeks 6 days but was warned it may not be seen, wounder how many have implanted good luck.
Hey ladies! I went for my 3rd Beta today and I am waiting for the results. The nurse said if things double as they should I should be over 2000 by Wednesday and that means I will get my first ultrasound on Friday also!! My RE does a beta every other day until 2000 then first ultrasound. Ill let you know once I hear the beta today.

Hoping2b-Glad your transfer went smoothly and That is great about possibly 3 embies to freeze. Please let us know what they were able to do. How are you feeling today? Are you still resting? Prayers for you!!

trying-So your not getting any more betas but your ultrasound is friday too?? I really hope my numbers double appropriately and I can have my scan Friday too! I dont think Ill be able to hear the heartbeat yet bc Ill only be 5w2d at that point. How far along are you today? I am 4w5d today (monday).

PLS- How are your POI shots going?

Tweet-How are things going for you? When is your next ultrasound?

Mustang-Havent heard from you in a while but Im still praying for you!!

if my progesterone stays at a healthy level which it is at the mo 418 then i will prob be seen once a week untill 12 weeks. i have another ultrascan this thursday my 3rd one hopefully eveything will still be ok.

im sure your beta will have more then double hope your utlrascan goes ok
I rested for 48 hrs and now I'm back at work today and about to go crazy thinking about all of this.  I'm having such a hard time focusing.  I started feeling some mild cramping and dull lower back ache this morning (new symptoms) so I'm hoping these are a good sign.  My breast are still sore and I'm really tired, but I'm not sure if these are real symptoms or just left over from the trigger shot.  UGH...I am not a patient person and I hate waiting!  I need to try and focus on work and take my mind off of all of this.

July 5 is my beta test, just a little more than a week away.  I can do this!

Glad everyone is doing well!!
hi ladies,
i was not able give replies for 2 days. Yesterday i had transfer (3rd day). they transfered 2 embryos 2 8-cells. have to go on july 5th for some tests. every thing went on smoothly.
Still donno how many are there to freeze may be today or tomorrow they'll call me. we have 7 growing bit slower than these 2. donno How many can make it to freeze.

@MJinWaiting :: They did 3rd day transfer.My pio shots going on well but injection site soreness killing me. My butts are very skinny. Couldn't walk properly with that pain. waiting to hear ur beta results. good luck.

@ Hoping2BAMom:: Thanks for the info about injections. seema we had appointmetns on same day.

goodluck everyone :))
yesterday I vomitted around 11 pm. 1 1/2hour before i took doxycycline(antibiotic). suddenly i woke up from my sleep and vomitted. after that i got pelvic pain. I don't bother about vomit but pelvic pain after that concerened me alot. I called to doc they said nothing to worry.
Any have this kind of thing on day of transfer?
OMG ladies my 3rd beta more than tripled!!! It went from 681 on saturday to 2061 today!!! And since RE waits until 2000 to do u/s they scheduled me for my first u/s on Wednesday morning!! Im so excited!!! I didnt even know the number could triple that fast. So excited! We cant wait to see our little bean!!

PLS-Glad your transfer went well, Im sorry you threw up that stinks. I threw up a half hour AFTER my doxycycline once, they said to make sure I take it with food from then on.

I had pelvic pain during my first IVF transfer which was a 3dt also.  I didn't have the vomiting, but I've heard it can be normal as long as its not prolonged.

We will have the same beta test day!!  I'm hanging in there.  I rested for 48 hrs after my transfer and I'm back at work today.  Trying to stay busy, but having a hard time focusing.

Hope you feel better soon!  Keep us updated.
@Hoping2BAMom::
Taking rest is also very hard for me now. because this bloating makes me more sick :(. If someone see me now they'll think im pregg. that much tummy i have now. My hubby also commented on that:). anywayz I heard its a good sign(I mean bloating).
Do u have bloating?

@MJinWaiting:: Congrats..Good to hear dat ur number tripled...
with Doxy that was my second worst experience. Im glad yesterday was last day for Doxy.:))
I do have terrible bloating too.  I feel like I eat just a little and I'm already full, but I'm still hungry (the progesterone makes me hungry).  All of my clothes feel tight, even things that are big. I can deal with it if I'm pregnant but the thought of feeling this way and not being pregnant is very frustrating.
Hi Ladies,

I am in a wait and see mode still with another week and 2 days to go for the U/S.  I was really tired 2 days ago and my chest has been super tender.  I've also  felt faint/dizzy, but all of these symptoms can also be from the progesterone.  I've not been tired at all the last two days which concerns me, as well as all of the nausea being gone.  We know I'm preggers, we just don't know if it's viable.  This has been harder then the 2ww.  I also have this pain in my upper back inbetween my shoulder blades today, must have slept on it wrong.  I am trying super hard to focus on other things but work has been super slow too and that makes it even harder.  Also, my husband is out of town now for 2 days. Oh well.

I just read through everyone's stories and I am so excited for you all.  :D

Babydust to All who are still waiting, and those who already know.

I'm so sorry you having to wait even longer.  It's good to hear from you.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
yeah i can understand...but results are not in our hands..Only thing we can do is "Be positive". I started drinking gatorade, somewhat helping me not being over bloated. today im going to visit my RE,bcoz got swelling at pio injecion site. He wants to check  everything ok r not?

I have beta on july 5th but that day they won't tell me anything. again they do on 7th that day they'll inform results to me.  Looooooong wait :(

Takecare ladies :)
Yep, I'm staying very positive, upbeat, and hopeful with lots of prayer.  My bloating gets better at times and then comes back, but I'm not worrying about it.  It is what it is and I can deal with it.  I just focus on my two little beans and hope they are the cause of all of this and it makes me smile.  I have my beta on July 5 as well, but they give us the results the same day.  I'm so sorry you have to wait two more days to get them after your test.  

Hopefully, the swelling you're having is no big deal and the Dr can help with that.

I'll be thinking about you today.
Can't wait to read the results of your US!  Yay for triple numbers!  My first is still scheduled for this Friday...I'll be 5weeks4days.  I do blood work on that day also.  Have an ultrasound every week in July and labs as well to make sure the baby(ies) are growing well.  I just cannot wait till Friday to see waht's growing inside me!  Happy days for sure!

So far no morning sickness...a little nauseous at times, but not bad.  Just super tired...I took 2 naps yesterday and still went to bed and slept for 10 hours!  Thank goodness I'm on summer vacation...lol,

So I want to share a little story with everyone.....
DH and went through donor eggs.  Our donor number was 222.  One of my friends (and teaching partner) said that number reminded her of something, but couldn't remember exactly what.  On Memorial weekend we drove up to a special place for us....it is the place where 3 years ago my very good friend and teaching partner had a tragic motorcycle accident that took his life.  We go up every year on Memorial weekend as that's when it happenend.  As we are turning onto the dirt road....the mile marker is 222.  Now, Josh was a great guy...someone I confided in about all my DH and I were going through with fertility and IUI's and the heartbreak when it didn't happen.  He was a great support for me and DH and I could always count on him to give me a man's perspective on things. (I do believe he's looking down and smiling at all this)  Fastforward to present day....We transferred 2 embies, and the nurse told me based on my beta "looks like 2".  My estimated due date is February 22. (02-22-12).  Coincidence or what?!  How exciting would that all be?!  

Guess I'll see if the number 2 rings true on Friday.....fingers crossed!

Stay positive everyone and best wishes!
That's really amazing about the "222".  I wouldn't think of it just as coincidence; I would think of it more as a sign and a good omen.  I think things like that happen and it's just up to us to "see" them when they do.  Good luck on Friday.    
Hi ladies, I just posted this question in the main forum but wanted your advice. I am 7dp2dt and yesterday my boobies hurt so bad that I barely could shower. Today nothing. Just a little tenderness on the sides. I know it's early but was hoping for some encouraging news. I am on progesterone shots and 2mg of estrace. I hope all is well with everyone and wishing us all the best :-)
We all have the same beta day. Mine is the 5th too. I will know for sure by late morning. Wouldn't it be so nice for all of us to have great news. Have either of you POAS yet or when are you going to start? I haven't done it yet, too scared. I have had positive hpt and all 3 ended in chemical. So I am very nervous to do that to myself again but I know I don't have the patients to wait til the 5th :-)
Hope you are all well and staying strong.
i feel like my bloating is getting worse which i could stop the injections i know im pregnant but i know at the mo my bump is due to bloating and so much water, dont think i can hide it much longer from certain friends n family.
my scan was all ok today baby measuring at a good size just waiting on my progesterone levels
That would be wonderful if we could all get BFP the same day!  I think I'm going to do one HPT the morning of the beta test so I will be prepared for the result.  Otherwise, I'm not doing any others.  It would be too depressing if I get a BFN and ruin the positive feeling I have right now.

Tweet25...glad you're doing well other than the bloating:-)  I'm having reallly bad bloating myself (having a hard time finding pants that fit comfortably...lol).  I keep telling myself it will all be worth it is I'm pregnant.
@ Hoping2BAMom: Good for u...  My swelling is okay now, she suggested me a different spot for injections. If i have more difficulty to walk and sit, she can discuss with my RE about switching to endometrin. but, I said i don't want to take chances, i can bare this pain. atleast i'll have satisfaction i did everything normal like others. I want to do my best.
Hpt is not a bad idea before going to beta. anywayz tomorrow long weekend. Njoy Long weekend, we'll ready for our beta next :)

Im glad i can share everything with someone who is on the same boat.

@nmenyo::  Even i have the breast tenderness. upto my knowledge all symptoms what we feel now like breast tenderness, nausea, drowsyness, tiredness caused by our Preogesteron oil. My nurse said don't try to take any hpt before ur beta.It'll show false results. that's y they don't inform the results on my 1st best i,e july 5th. they'll tell after 2nd beta 7th. I don't know what is POAS means.

@tweet25:: Yes i know this bloating worse. But U'll forget all ur pain after looking ur little prince or princes through US :)). Good luck Happy 9 months :)
So....just for fun yesterday afternoon I took the last HPT I had under the bathroom sink.  I had to giggle as the positive line turned deep magenta way before the control line even started to appear.  The BFP line continued to get darker and wound up way darker than the control line when it was all said and done.  Just wanted to check to be sure...lol

Tomorrow cannot come soon enough for me to see the little peanut(s)....

Best wishes to all!
Hello all!!

So we had our first ultrasound yesterday!! yayyyy! what an amazing feeling to see something on the screen!! They said we have definitely at least one healthy great growing on schedule baby!! There were 2 other black spots on the screen in my utersus besides the one confirmed baby and she said "how many did you guys put back" we said only 2. She said they are probably just glands that are plump since my endometrium is fluffy but there is an off chance the other embryo split into 2 which would mean 3!!! oh man!!! So as of now they are saying 1 but we will have another ultrasound (hearbeat check) on Monday july 11th and they said they will definitely know for sure by then. My betas are off the charts I cant belive there is only one in there lol. THey are still MORE than doubling. All of them have been EXACTLY 48 hours apart starting 10dp5dt, 268, 681, 2061, 5580!! they are supposed to take betwen 3 and 4 days to double after it hits 1200 but mine are still mroe than doubling. so crazy!!! Were so super excited no matter how many are in there were just thankful!!

Mustang-Waiting is one of the hardest things and I am the msot impatient person so I know it can not be easy for you, just remember your friends here are all praying for you and we are wishing that baby healthy!!

Hoping, PLS, nmeyo-great that you all have your betas the same day! nice to have someone to talk to about it!

trying-Im so excited for your ultrasound! I can wait to hear that and your newest beta numbers im so curious if mine are on track with yours!! The receptionist today when I called for my numbers said "you more than doubled again, i think there are 2 in there and maybe one was hiding yesterday" so you never know, or it could jsut be only REALLY strong baby lol. I have bloodwork Tuesday and friday next week then ultrasound the following monday (by then Ill be 6w5d so they should def see the heartbeat). Today I am 5w1d so you are 2 days ahead of me.

Here's to Hoping! Love and Babydust to all!
Whoop!  Whoop!  I started crying when I read your post...then I promptly stood up and started dancing. lol  

I am sooooooo (x a million) happy for you and DH!  What a journey you have begun....the possibility of 3....but the certainty of 1 is so exciting!  

I so wish I had another beta earlier in the week to see what my numbers are....like I've said multiple times tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

PS....Never thought I'd be smiling after throwing up....morning sickness has begun! Hahaha
thats brilliant news yay im happy for you that all is ok and there maybe more then one, they will defo see if there is more then one by your next scan.

I'm so glad you're doing well.  I've had breast tenderness for over a week and started getting really tired a few days ago (after the ET).  I've been excited about these symptoms, then today I woke up and my breast haven't been quite as sore.  So I've tried not to worry too much about this or foucs too much on it, but I have a bit anyway.  I know this could mean absolutely nothing. I'm staying positive and hopeful with lots of prayers.  

My mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and 2 nephews are coming for a visit over the  weekend and I took tomorrow and Tuesday off.  They'll be a good distraction for me...lol.  My family is leaving on Monday.  Me and DH will go for my test Tuesday morning and then spend the day going to a movie and going out for lunch etc.  

Continuing to pray, pray, pray and trying to stay positive and hopeful!!
I forogt to tell you that POAS is Peeing On A Stick (HPT).
Trying and tweet thank you so much for the warm wishes! It means so much to me!! July 11th cant come fast enough lol. Trying Im dying for your results tomorrow!!! ahhhhh Im off tomorrow and usually dont check this but if you tell me for sure youll post then ill def online tomorrow! yuck mornign sickness! ive only had nausea so far kinda intense but no throwing up yet...knock on wood lol

Yayyyy

Hoping2b-Try not to think abotu it, the tenderness can be from the progesterone too. I know its the hardest thing but your soooo close!!

Ladies testing on the 5th its right around the corner just keep your heads up and your prayers up higher!!

Here's to Hoping! Love and babydust to all!
Hi Ladies,
Im so devistated today.  I was finally pregnant this month on my second IVF try.  You may have seen my posts 2 weeks back.  I am 41 and had a transfer of 6 what were considered to be almost perfect5 embroyos - 8 and 9 cell with less than 5% fragnmentatio.  I started the HpTS on day 7 and started with the faint line and then the digital that showed pregnant - on  Wed June 22 I gotr my first official BFP with a beta of 154.  This past Tueday June 28, I went in for my second beta test ( 6 days after the first) - after my bloode work on the morning I went to work and I started bleeding - My stomach dropped and my heart was racing,I was prayng oh God no!! Please pleaae let this be nothing, I caled the clinic and they said go home and rest and theyd call me as soon as they had the results of my morning blood work - when I got home  I noticed a clot that I passed,  and then I stopped bleeding.   I was absolutely devistated and my heart raced fror the next 4 hours waiting for the call - when I got the call they told me my #'s went up to only 815 and they had wanted to see them over 1000 at that point,   Ijust new it was over.  She said to come back in 2 days -When I went in yesterday they confirned the  chemical pregmancy - the #'S  dropped to 200( which s what they call it - but there was impantation but not for long ) .. Needlesss to say I am just so devistated..I can';t believe it.,.,How coud;l someone be on toop of the world one minute and then within the matter of an hour its over..   I;m 41 years old- my insurance is done paying for IVF ( I had a lifetime max of 2 IVF cycles)  I have never been so stressed out in my life - I thought for sure this was it for me I was finally after all these years going to have the baby Ive been praying for every day , everytinme I blow out candles oin my birthday cake, everytime I throw a coin in wishig well, everytime I wish in a star, everytime I light a candle at church.,,  My next step now is $20,500 I have to have IN  advance to get 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles    ( I guess the program to get 70% back ended with  37 years old)   Where in the world am I going to get twenty thousand dollars??!!   - If I can get someone to finance me it will take me 3-4 years to pay that off - which is fine , but what happens if It still doesn't work?> how could I find another $20K??    I have no time to wait ,  I;m 41 and 1/2 - I don't have the luxury to wait a second on this..,., I am sooooo miserable, why is this happening to me?? ,, Why does my sister in laws, 4 children all be unwed teenage mothers and I have nothing.., I wish I could find someone that I could give the 30k for a baby..,   I just want to buy one somewhere so Iknow the money I spend will result in me being a mother.,.Im sorry to rant like this, I am so stressed out , so so unhappy and just so sad.,     Is anyone out there over 40 and actually had a sucessfull IVF ??>    If I coiuldn't get 6 perfect embryos to work - whats it gonna take????  - Ladies I am also interested in beginning to look int adoption for a baby but I havent the faintest Idea where to start., anyway - thank you to anyone out there for listening to me ,, I wish you all the best,
Thats very sad. Im very sorry for ur pain. I read many stories in many forums about women who got success through IVF in their age 40s. give few more trails you definitely get success. pray,pray... Goodluck.
2 more spots in uterus ,thats truely amazing. waiting to hear ur U/S results :)). keep posting.
yes for me also first few day after ET i have tenderness. later i don't have any. I didn't bother about it. good if we have someone around us, days juss fly away. Have fun.
Today our frds went to Iceland RV trip.  they invited us. we couldn't make it. I missed that fun :(. My DH & I have to do something around here.

Have fun ladies...Happy Long weekend...Njoy Fireworks :))
Thanks so much for your kind words.    This is by far the most stressfull and emotional thing I've ever been through in my life.    I never thought I would not be a mother .. I am going to try again - We're going to borrow $20,500 from my parents, Which will give me 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles - if that doesnt work , then I can't imagine what my life will be like - in debt for  years paying for a baby that doesnt exist.  Its so hard not to be negative right now,   I don't see any light , just sadness.   Thank godness this is a long weekend, i need the rest from work after this emotional week ., Good Luck to u PL38
HopefulBetsy:  I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine what you are feeling....I only had those thoughts going through this process.  However, I do know what it is like to lose a baby early (by natural pregnancy) and it is a deeply saddening experience.  I am praying you can find peace and success with the next attempt.

Well...if you read my earlier post about the number 2 coincidence, it rings true!

Just saw Baby A and Baby B on the ultrasound.  Separate gestational sacs with yok sacs and teeny tiny fetal pole (both viable and both snuggled in nicely).  Said they should be able to see the heartbeat next week.  They both measured 5 weeks4 days.  DH's voice was cracking (not sure if it was that emotional or if it was panic...lol)

Guess I should start cutting diaper coupons and start stockpiling pretty soon!

Happy days.....enjoy the holiday weekend.  Looking forward to our annual crabbing trip, though I will not be partaking in the huge feast this year......I can only have 6oz two times a week....:0/  Plenty of time for crab after babies are here.....  
thats great news i had a feeling it was two with those beta numbers.
glad to hear it all went well.
hope the next one goes well.

HopefulBetsy so sorry bout your lost keep staying strong and pray that your next cycle is for you, i know its hard but there are lots of success with women in there 40s
Just got my beta numbers....616 last friday....20,164 today.  Oh mylanta!  Progesterone is elevated too which is good.  Looking forward to this crazy ride indeed!

Told DH that's why I'm taking 2 naps a day.  One for Baby A and one for Baby B....
good luck to all going for their betas prayinf for all BFPs.

i went for another scan yesturday all still looks ok 2mm bigger then average lol can start to see that its a baby now and can tell what end is the head and can see its legs starting to grow.
Trying-wow thats ao amazing!!! Congratulations!!! Im soo happy for you and DH!!! When is your next ultrasound? Ours is next monday, 6 more days! I cant wait! (Ill be 6w5d by then) How are you feeling so far? Im exhausted!!! some days im hungry all the time and some days not really hungry at all. and nauseous here and there. I have a feeling by looking at your numbers that I only have only perfect bean in there lol. By you having a beta 4x mine only 2 days later im thinking thats a pretty good judge of twins lol. I was close to your first 2 numbers though (268 and 681) which is weird. I guess beta really isnt an indicator for how many are in there lol. I cant wait for the 11th for our next ultrasound, im just so excited! to see how it has grown and see the heartbeat!!

HopefulBetsy-Im so sorry for your loss. I know this is a difficult time to get through. Im very happy that your parents will lend you the money to try again. Its hard to stay positive when all you feel is sadness but try to push through the sadness knowing that there is a baby out there for you. My mother told me that almost everyday to keep my spirits up, she'd say whether its a baby from adoption or a baby in the universe waiting to be in your belly there is a baby out there for you. You'll be in my prayers.

PLS and Hoping2b-I hope your betas go well today! Have either of you POAS? Please let us know!

I had bloodwork again this morning so Ill call this afternoon for my beta and see where we stand.

@MJinWaiting:: I went to blood work today, but today they won't tell us whats going on. I have one more beta on 7th thursday. that day only i can know my results. nervous today n tomorrow r looong days.
I don't have implantation bleed so far. im bit nervous to POAS. I don't want to see -ve :(
Praying God with some Hope!!!..  
@ Hoping2BAMom:: Waiting to hear good news from u. Fingers cross. Good luck dear :)
Hi Ladies,

I've not checked in for awhile because this wait has been excruciating.  Hopefulbetsy, I am so close to being in your shoes.  I am 42 and have had 3 IUIs, 2 IVFs and am in one egg donor process that is probably not a viable pregnancy now.  I've already lost 3 and it's looking like I will lose this one too.  I go for the U/S on Thursday.  We have spent so much money on this and have been trying for over 6 years now.  After this cycle, we have 3 frozen embies left from the donor cycle and that's all we can afford. I've spent well over $85K out of pocket and my husband won't do any more cycles after this....  So I know how you feel.  

I wanted to check in with all of the ladies who are getting their betas today... I see nobody has posted yet.  I hope you all get BFPs.  

I will check back again later.  
tweet:  2mm bigger than average....I love it!  Keep up the good work!

PLS83:  good luck on your beta....thinking positive for you

MJinWaiting:  My next ultrasound is this Thursday....2 more days!  We are excited to hopefully see the heartbeat :0).  I am hungry ALL the time!  DH has made a list of things to eat throughout the day that would fulfill the portions I am supposed to eat (dairy, vegies, etc)  Sweet of him to do that...I feel like I'm starving most of the time, but I want to make sure I'm eating healthy.  I'm so not a breakfast person, but like clockwork 7:30am, I'm up wanting to eat.  A couple bouts of morning sickness....a couple bouts of evening sickness, but not too bad.  There are definitely things that turn my stomache at the smell, and sight.  My folks took us to Olive Garden the other night...ordered my favorite seafood portifino...they brought it out and the smell knocked me over...DH had to move it away from me....I must've been pretty green around the gills....lol.  It's all worth it, and such a wonderful feeling though.  

everyone else:  sending positive thoughts and prayers for your journey....

Take care!
PS....Won't be able to post till next Monday....leaving for camping right after ultrasound.  Can't wait to read everyone's news when I get back :0)
Had my beta this morning and I just heard from the doctor's office and it is another BFN for me.  I think anger, sadness, and frustration best describe how I'm feeling right now.
Wish all of you the best of luck.
Hi, so sorry to hear that as I was really very excited. Keep you head up and know that God is a miracle GOD and who knows, it may come naturally.  I am sooooo very sorry.
hoping2b-Im so sorry to hear that, I know youw ere so positive this time! You are in my prayers! and like I said earlier to hopeful, there is a baby out there somewhere for you!

Trying-your going camping? that sounds soo fun!!

Just got the call from the drs and my beta came back at a strong 23,335!! wow! I am only 2 days behind you Trying so there might be something to those numbers lol. Have fun on your camping trip.

Tweet-So glad to hear your bean is measuring ahead of schedule! thats great!!!

Here's to Hoping! Love and babydust to all
Yes...camping.  Well, with my morning sickness and constant up and down in the middle of the night bathroom trips, DH will be tenting it alone while I sleep in my parents 40 foot motorhome on the pull out aero bed hide-a-couch...lol.  I'm gonna try the tent the first night, but know I have the option of the other if necessary :0)....  It is an annual trip we've made every year we've made since being married.  Love how my DH acts like the crew on Deadliest Catch...wouldn't miss that!  I'll be content kicking back on the beach for the day watching my son fish....he loves it! Bringing a good book and gonna relax!  Before I know it it will be back to my classroom to get things ready for the new batch of kindergartners....need to enjoy this time to nap, eat whenever I want, and go to the bathroom anytime I want....those days will be gone come the end of August! lol

I am anxious to hear my beta numbers on Thursday....crazy and emotional times...but happy...and scared....and nervous...and hoping I'm doing everything right to protect the little peanuts.  Twins....I still keep shaking my head in disbelief.  God is good!
Hoping, I am so sorry.  I know how it feels.  I am so sorry.  {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

I am so sorry to hear that was really hoping for you, wish luck in what you decide to do next.
I have good news to share with u all. Today i went to 2nd beta its BFP YAY!!!!!! so happy :)
My DH came afternoon with flowers n surprised me. He knew it first. I don't know until he came home with flowers. unforgetable moment :)

GOD BLESS :)
CONGRATS!!!!! yayyyy Im so happy for you!! thats wonderful!!! Do you know your betas?

Here's to Hoping! Babydust and Love to all!
@Hoping2BAMom::  Im so sorry to hear that news. don't lose hope. God hear us. Goodluck.  

@MJinWaiting:: Thank u. I don't know my betas. my doc didn't tell anything to me. they just said its positive. have to come for another blood work on monday.  waiting for that.
thats great news congratulations you should phone and ask for your beta numbers so you they are nice high.
hope you have a wounderful 9 months
tryinforbaby3 - thank you for your kind words.  You wrote back to me about a week ago - and I'm sorry for not getting back.  I took the long weekend and 3days off work and went up to my parents cottage on the lake in NH. - Had a great time and it was nice to take my mind off things for a few minutes at a time anyway.    I just had my blood test today and my HCG levels are still in the nineties - they said sometimes it can take a few weeks to go down to negative.   I can't even go on the pill until they are negative.   In the meantime, I'm going to work on getting my financing together so at least it feels like I'm progressing a little.   God do I wish started this 5 years ago (im 41).  
that is SO awesom that you are having twins!!!   Thank goodness that there are the BFP Posts that give us all hope.    God Bless you and your babies!
Thank you Tweet for your kind words back on the 1st.   The intense sadness has left , I have my moments during the day but I am taking your advce and thinking positive
I'm so happy for you and your future baby!!
Hoping2Bamom - I'm sorry for your bfn - I understand your pain.  God Bless
mj thank you for your kind words - your mom sounds awesome, I have a really supportive family too - my mom and dad were so happy and then so upset when we found out that the BFP was shortlived. Im gonna push ahead and will let everyone know how my next cycle goes.    My HCG is stll in the 90.2 after a week or so so I have to wait until I do anything even going on BC.  I see my Dr on July 20th to review this cycle ., In the meantime I will focus on getting the financing in place =-at least it will feel ike Imoving forward wth something.
MJ - I was reading your story and I cant believe that not tooilong ago your RE gave you the option to stop the projesterone - and  you chose not too - and now things seem to be gooing so well with you - Im so happy for you and watch for your updates :)
@tweet25: thank u. Im going on monday again for another blood work. I'll ask that time about these numbers. weekends they don;t take up normal calls.

Hi everyone... here anyone using Endometrin vaginal tablets???. I have a question regarding dat.
Hello all!

We had our second ultrasound this morning and we saw the heartbeat!!! One perfect little bean and a greta heartbeat at 136. Were sooo excited!! So crazy that my betas were almost identical to trying who is having 2 lol but they assured us its only one! lol. and gave us the officially due date of March 1st 2012!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Here's to Hoping!! Love and Babydust to all!
Sounds like everyone is doing well....

PLS83:  Congratulations to you and DH!

HopefulBetsy:  Thank you for your kind words....and I am happy to read you are getting things in order for another possible round.  I'm close to 39 and believe it is possible and have heard and read so many success stories for women in their 40's.  Hang in there girl...

All:  We had our 2nd ultrasound last Thursday.  Saw both Baby A and Baby B (DH lovingly refers to them as Alfred and Beatrice) and the little flicker of their hearbeats.  The ultrasound tech said they would be much easier to see this Friday.  Baby A's heartbeat was a little slower than Baby B which my mom says it must be a boy and the faster heartbeat must be a girl....lol.  They are sooooo tiny!  Comparing the pictures from the week before, they have definitely grown.  I could hardly see Baby A's yolk sac the week before and last Thursday it is definitely there!  And I could see both fetal poles which was exciting.  My beta was close to 90,000 and progesterone nice and high.  This Friday I drop down to 1/2cc of injectable progesterone and begin the vaginal gel inserts.  Not sure how long that will last...I'm assuming till week 10???  Made my first appointment with my regular OB for August 1st and looking forward to that....have some questions regarding cervical competency since I've had 3 LEEP procedures for cancerous cells on the cervix.  With 2, there will be a lot more pressure there I'm sure!  Had some dark brown streaks in my underwear this weekend, nurse said the ultrasound wand might have irritated the cervix and not to worry about it unless it was red.  Not even pink....but I still worry....

Still super nervous that all this is too good to be true and can't bring myself to tell a lot of people in case something goes wrong....DH and I are still being cautiously optimistic until the 12 week mark.  I do know my body's changing though since I can't button any of my shorts and had to buy a bigger bra last week....super sore for sure!

Our camping trip was nothing short of adventurous.  Thank goodness for my mom and dad's motorhome!  Between 4 bathroom trips a night and morning sickness EVERY morning I was there it was a Godsend!.  Super emotional this weekend...overtired...wasn't anle to nap during the day which largely contributed to it.  DH was a trooper and very supportive and loving and understanding.  Spent morning-evening with DH and our friends and after DH shared around the campfire the 1st night why I went with my folks, they too were much more understanding.....it's not because I don't want to sleep in a tent (DH and I have hiked into serious wilderness and slept in an itty bitty tent) it was more for comfort sake being a newly pregnant person!  Sat on the beach and watched my son fish all day and our 2 little crab boats come and go.  The weather was horrible the first day (Thursday), but the rest of the weekend beautiful.  Our boat alone caught 64 crabs!  It's amazing how something I love so much can make me so sick with just the smell (I was literally bawling the first night when my parents brought a cooler full back to the motorhome....the smell threw me over the edge.)  How is it I used to drink 3 caffeine free cokes a day and can't choke one down now?  It literally tastes like dirt.....funny how our body's take care of us and protect our baby's.  Truly a miracle....

Hope everyone continues to do well and stays strong.....take care!
Congrats tryinforbaby 3.  Enjoy every day, hour, minute, second of this wonderful and exciting time for you and DH.  Make sure you take every photo and write everything down as you will not remember everything.
that is good news exciting times ahead, glad you had a good weekend. hope your not suffering from sickness too much ive been lucky and didnt get any sickness just felt sick and have really bad headaches.

ive had a busy few days so relaxing now, had my 9 week scan 2day baby is still going strong and measuring two days ahead of what he or she is. got my first midwife oppointment next week so gotta get all my file notes sent over so they know everything
Hi all,
Hope everyone doing well.

My beta numbers are 59,118,203. 3rd beta not doubled as we expected but doc said that is not a bad number. have one more beta this coming monday  and preponed my aug 4th ultrasound to july 25th bit early.  nervous and tension. can't wait to see my 4th beta numbers. Time is not moving. don't know what to do this whole week.
You go girly, good numbers, great baby, exciting rest of your life!  WHEW!!!!!!!
Ultrasound this morning!  Both Baby A and Baby B are growing good.  Baby A heartbeat is 144 and Baby B heartbeat is 168....they look so much bigger than last week although I know they are still teeny tiny....

Dropping down to 1/2cc of injectable progesterone and starting vaginal gel applicator today....I have 25 applicators, but 1 refill on the prescription.  Have to do it in the morning and lie on my back for 20-30 minutes.....thinking tomorrow morning I'll set my alarm for 6 and do it then and go back to sleep! lol

Hoping everyone has a great weekend!
Hoping everyone is doing well and things are going good...
Been super sick the past week and 1/2...hard to find something to eat that sounds good and stays down.  First regular OB appointment tomorrow....excited for that.  Ultrasound this Friday again (last one for a few weeks)....8 weeks 4 days by then....that 12 week mark is taking forever....just want to know that body is going to do what it's supposed to without any meds to keep these little peanuts safe...

Wishing everyone the best!
Hello!

I also have an ultrasound friday and I will be 8 weeks and 2 days. I also have been super sick the last 2 weeks. havent actually thrown up yet but I am so nauseous its effecting my day. I can barely eat anything without feeling like its going to come back up and food just isnt the same anymore, things that i used to like i dont want anywhere near me. some days I really want something until its in front of me and then im like eww this isnt what i wanted. ive lost a couple pounds from the nausea which makes me nervous but from what ive read its normal in the first trimester and ill gain it back in the next couple months.

You are very right! the 12 week mark feels like forever away!!! I am 8 weeks today, so its been 4 weeks and we have another 4 weeks to go, i just hope this nausea subsides soon. Hope all is well with your two little beans!! THe last ultrasound we had we got to see the heartbeat and baby was measuring right on target. its amazing how much they grow in just a few days!  I will be at my RE until 12 weeks then released to my OB.

Hope to still hear from you! Hope all is well!

Ladies are any of you still trying? How are things going for those of you with BFPs??

Good to hear from you!  Been wondering where you are...lol.  Had my first OB appointment today.  Having twins they'll do an ultrasound on each visit.  Saw both babies and the heartbeats were so easy to see this time.  The screen in the regular ultrasound room is kinda far away for my eyes so it was nice to have the screen right there.  Doc measured my cervix and it looks great (I was worried about compentency because of past LEEP procedures).  So that was a big relief!  I will have monthly "formal" ultrasounds to make sure both babies are growing adequately.  It is all so exciting....my doctor was so happy for me and DH.  His nurse was with my first OB (retired) when DH and I started this infertility journey 4 years ago and she was super thrilled for us too "never say never" were her words. :0)  Still have an ultrasound this Friday for measurement purposes and still excited for it even though I just saw them today.  They are growing so fast....

Doctor said 25mg of Vitamin B6 3 times a day will help with nausea so I'm trying that starting today.  I need to get to feeling better...I am not one to be down long and it's driving me crazy that I feel so lethargic and not able to have control over this.  I have gained a pound and 1/2 which doc says is good.  He's expecting 35 max...and is expecting delivery around 37 weeks...so 29 more weeks to go...lol.

Do tell about your ultrasound on Friday...glad things are going well...let's beat this nausea thing because I hear ya....it is awful!  Hang in there!

All: Wishing you all the best on your journey...
All is going well with me no morning sickness no cravings not gone of any food that i like which is good as im a fussy eater lol. only thing ive been suffering from is very very bad headaches they been stopping me from doing everything when they are bad makes me fill sick too but lucky i ent had no sickness other then that ive been good.
im showing loads which is mad im 10 weeks 2days but been told its coz im soooo short and if i was taller my body would be more streched and bump wouldnt show as qucik.
my 10 week scan was all good baby was moving around so much u could see the tiny arm like waving. only 2 weeks left of traveling to the clinic and taking progesterone injections yay.
glad to hear everyone is doing well
Tweet- I am showing too!!! Ive lost 2.5 pounds and i have a bump! and none of my summer clothes fit! I thoguht I was going to at least be able to get through the summer and first trimester without having to buy any bigger/maternity clothes but that isnt going to happen. I asked my dr if that was normal and he said that all women are different and there are plenty of women who show early in the first pregnancy even  with their first baby. So Ill take that as its ok. Its getting harder to hide. My DH calls it my kangaroo pouch lol. Glad to hear everything is going great for you!!! This is soo exciting!!

Trying-Im so excited for you babies and so glad that they are growing well and measuring on track, has hubby gotten more used the idea of 2 yet lol. The last time I talked to my Nurse Practitioner about the nausea she said if it was affecting my day to let her know and they would prescribe something, maybe ill just ask about the vitamin b6. I want to avoid taking meds if i can, but if it gets any worse I wont have a choice.

Ill keep you all posted about the ultrasound tomorrow! Im super excited!!! Cant wait to see how big the baby has grown again and see that wonderful flicker of the heartbeat.

ps....I still cant believe im ACTUALLY pregnant!!!! wahoooooooooooooooooo
How is it going? hope you are doing ok and the baby is fine too.
tweet25 and MJinwaiting - very happy to read about the teeny tiny little babies moving inside :) it feels as happy as i am pregnant too though i am not LOL.

congratulations and good luck girls.
hey tweet - dont you worry about the bump its the most beautiful one and much awaited one too. so enjoy it totally :) its just the matter of 9 months anyway.
You all give me such good hope.  It is so nice to hear of all the BFP results.  Man oh man this is great.  I will be resting my body for one month and then trying my 4th IVF cycle so please be so kind as to send your blessings our way.  
Sounds like you're doing well despite a few pregnancy related symptoms :0)

Started B6 yesterday and I think it is actually working.  I also started taking my prenatal vitamin at night before bed instead of in the morning....thinking that might help too.

I know all about the baby bump!  Having previous children (though it's been a long time) and carrying 2 this time around, I had to break down and buy a couple pairs of maternity capris to get me through the summer.  No way, no how my shorts are buttoning anymore!  Bought some maternity work clothes too but kept them in the bag with the receipt.  I still have a hard time believing this all real and go through bouts of nervousness thinking something is going to happen.  I just keep trying to focus on those two strong heartbeats and how well they are growing and convince myself that this is, in fact, happening and I'm in it for the long haul.  Stopped by work yesterday to see a friend who was working in her classroom....she is one of the few that knows our journey....I haven't shared with anyone at work yet except my grade level (they are very trustworthy).  However, I'm standing there talking to my friend and the custodian and the custodian looks at me and asks me if I'm pregnant.  My friend said my face turned bright red....I am not one to lie so told her but begged her not to tell anyone else.  Despite my bump (which I had a pretty loose black top on yesterday) soemthng in my appearance must reveal it though I'm not sure what??  I am excited to tell people at work...12 weeks would be the week before school starts.  Many of them are aware of the struggles DH and I had in the past though no one knew we were going through IVF this summer...

DH is beginning to let his guard down with being cautiously optimistic.  Seeing the heartbeats and babies so quickly yesterday melted him.  He was rubbing my belly last night which I found very endearing.  I think it is finally becoming very real to him....he's feverishly reading the dad version of my baby book...I love it!  Think it's giving him a better understanding of what I'm going through....such as why when he asked me to get fish at the store yesterdsy I nearly tossed my cookies and firmly told him no!  I just can't look at, or think about meat of any sort right now.

I am so happy you are doing good and looking forward to hearing your stories and baby growth details.  Ultrasound for me tomorrow....excited for the measurements and to see them for the 2nd time this week....this is all too good!

Wishing everyone the very best on your journey!
after a long time i heard from all of u. Its very sweet to read all ur post about baby heartbeats. Im so excited to hear my little bean. but don;t know how he/she doing inside.
Im very glad to hear every one doing good. Happy 9 months ladies :).
keep us update how ur babies doing :).
Okay....B6 turned out to not work for me.  Bought motion sickness wristbands yesterday...don't think they're working great either....I really want to feel semi normal again where food is concerned!  

Wanted vegetable beef soup broth the other night for dinner and DH was mowing the lawn so thought I would just cook it so it would be ready when he was done.  So I put the soup packet in the water and a can of beef broth.  Defrosted a pound of hamburger.  Put the hamburger in the fry pan and couldn't take it....DH came inside to find me huddled over the kitchen garbage can....said "I was going to cook it when I was done"....my tearful response, "I just want to be able to cook dinner like a normal person!"....DH is very supportive and just rubbed my back and said I will be able to pretty soon.  Eeeegads...I hope so!

Had ultrasound yesterday.  Saw arm and leg buds on Baby A....looks like Baby B had his back towards us.  Heartbeats are 173 and 174....they are doing so good!  Couldn't fit them both in the same picture!  Didn't have to have the vaginal ultrasound either.  Progress!  Prosterone went from 48.7 last week to 61.3 so nurse said I would be fine to not take yesterday's shot....yahooo!  Thank goodness that part's over with...lol  Still on the vaginal progesterone cream and estrace which will be for another 2+ weeks.  HcG count was through the roof at a little over 480,000....I will be happy when things start to level off....I'm sure this has a lot to do with the nausea....

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoys the rest of the weekend....baby magic to all!
Viewing 201-311 comments: