Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Methotrexate, HCG levels ? Please read

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Methotrexate, HCG levels ? Please read

I was given methotrexate friday for an ectopic pregnancy (my 5th loss).  My question is what should I expect on Friday when I go in for my quant. hcg.  How long will it take for my quant to go down. On Friday it was 1200.  
I had some heavier bleeding Saturday for a few hours now its just a drop here and there. The pain was bad Sunday but much better today, they said it was the baby detaching when i was having that pain but I"m barely bleeding now.

How long did it take for you to get a period after all of this? When I started bleeding, do i count that as thebeginning of a cycle? Not that we are trying anyways b/c we can't until my hcg is all the way down but I"mcurious.
any info would be appreciated.
I am sorry to hear this. I was in a similar situation but my levels never went over 50. It took a while for mine to go all the way down. I would say almost three weeks but I have read that everyone is different. I started almost 2 weeks  after the shot. I have had regular cycles since then so I would count that as your cycle.

You should not try again for almost three months. I know that that is hard to hear but your body needs time to recover and replenish your folic acid. Mr. Doctor strictly forbid me from doing anything without protection for three months due to the birth defects that this could cause. It was so hard to do! We are just able to start trying now!
We were told the 3 month waiting is an old standard and we could try again when my counts are down and i get a period.

So you started bleeding 2 wks after the shot?
yes.. but I didn't bleed anytime before that. I have read for other women that they started almost right after but it took me about two weeks. After that I have been extremely regular!
i had a gush tonight again.  just sitting at my parents (no bleeding all day) and i felt "woosh!" and ran to the bathroom. Now its lighter but goodness make up its mind!  i cna't wait til friday to see what my count is. so when i have a consistent bleed then i consider that my period?
I know! This whole process is sooo stressful! I would ask your doctor to be sure on Friday. I counted my bleeding as my period but be sure to ask to make sure since we are all different. Everything that I have read and asked my doctor has been so objective. My levels were only up to 50 when I got the shot and they did not want to go down. I almost had to have a second shot but my levels FINALLY went down. My doctors exact words were "God sent me your case to keep me on my toes!" So from my experience only I counted my bleeding as my period. Let me know how it goes Friday!
my lab barely dropped so i got a second dose of methotrexate. she sees me again in a week. she said i can have up to 3 doses but i thought you could only have 2.  ugh!!!! she also recommened an IVF consult and we will be doing a dx lap when this is all resolved.
I am sorry to hear that! I am praying for you that this will be over soon! Please continue to update on your status!