Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Mid cycle bleeding - do you ovulate?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Mid cycle bleeding - do you ovulate?

Hi so I'm 21 and really just curious as to if you still ovulate when you have a mid cycle bleed. My cycle is 32 days but recently I bleed mid way if you do ovulate is it when the bleeding stops or? Any answers would be great! :)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
In women with very irregular cycles who have periods 2-3 times in one month they can ovulate even during a period or what is believed to be a period though the chance of ovulating during a period is unlikely. A sperm can live in the body for 3-5 days so pregnancy can occur from intercourse that takes place during a period. It is helpful to use an ovulation predictor kit to help detect when ovulation takes place. Keep a BBT chart to help confirm when you ovulated. For more queries and assistance visit your gynecologist. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!