Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Mini IVF or Natural IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Mini IVF or Natural IVF

Has anyone heard of (or had success with) Mini IVF or Natural IVF?  I just read about these today and found it very interesting.  They don't stimulate you quite as much as the conventional IVF.  For good responders, it sounds very promising.  In theory, less stimulation causes the body to produce better quality success, and they are able to use local anesthesia for the egg retreival.  That sounds a little scary.  But the idea is that there's not as much bleeding and such because there's fewer eggs.  Google it ~ or check out this site.  And please share your thoughts on this subject~

http://www.newhopefertility.com/cost-of-ivf_infertility-insurance.shtml
  • natural IVF (3 replies):
    Can someone tell me how natural Ivf works...I realize th...[more]
  • NC-IVF (5 replies):
    Any one ever heard of natural cycle IVF? Pinktootie
  • Natural IVF (6 replies):
    Hi ladies, has anyone had or heard about natural IVF, w...[more]
  • fsp and mini ivf (3 replies):
    what is an fsp (its supposed to be better than iui) and ...[more]
  • natural cycle ivf (1 replies):
    Hi,I'm 43 and just had a BFN in my last ivf try for baby...[more]
I meant to write better quality/more natural eggs above.

I think the success rate is like 35-40% singleton pregnancies, as opposed to conventional IVF having success rates of 50-65%  and a higher chance of multiples.
Sounds more affordable as well! I say with the way your body produces them little eggies you would be a good canidate!
:-)  Yea, i did the lowest possible dose of follistim for only 4 days and had 6 mature eggs.  LOL  Cancelled that IUI cycle.

Keisha, since you are a nurse, tell me about local aneshesia.  Does that completely numb you?  That is what's scary to me.

Yea the cost is like $4500 or maybe less.  I can't remember.
Local you are not put under, you are completely numb in the area need be, General is where you actually go under. So I think local is the best choice when possible!
Check into Eco IVF as well. They are in NY also and their regular cycles look very reasonable :)
Ouch the thought of paying $5,000 hurts!  But not near as bad as $10,000.  Part of me thinks I should stay here locally in Alabama b/c my dr. charges between 6-9 for IVF.  But i sure hope his ivf success is better than his iui success rates b/c we've done 3 iui's in 4 months with him with no luck. I think it's worth a shot.  Now, all i have to do is work on my dh...           yea right