Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Mini IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Mini IVF

First of all, I felt embarrasing that I posted the same message so many times a few days ago.  My home internet was just so wired, I couldn't open this website most of the time at home.

My 3rd beta came, it is 6.  So I am not heading an ectopic pregnancy.  I am not so upset about my BFN since it could be worse then that.

Have anyone heard of mini-IVF.  A few days ago I clicked on a link from this website and it was about mini-IVF.  The place is in NY and I am thinking of trying that.  

Thanks a lot.
First of all let metell you that I'm VERY happy for you it was not an ectopic pregnancy.I had one in March 2007 and it was terrible.
I goggled Mini IVF and the site is very interesting.
The only think that I do not like is that they do not post their succes/failure percentage.Do you have any info on it?
Best of luck,
Miky
I was so... so nervers for the past couple days.  I had one many years ago and I know how it was.  

I think in the article (which is a link from the website) the successful rate is comparable, could be slightly lower but it is much much less stressful then the traditional one.  And it cost a bit less.  The only thing is it is just too far away.

Best of luck to you too.

I know that on ivfconnections.com (it does ask you to sign in but it is free) they have a board devoted to special procedures/protocols: natural cycle ivf and a thread on that board for mini ivfs. You might check that out. It might give you more clinics that are trying this procedure than the one in the article.

This is the link but you'll have to sign in first:

http://www.ivfconnections.net/board/showthread.php?t=66516
Thanks a lot, I am going to check that out.
Did you find out more info about mini IVF?   What the heck is that??

I have been reading the mini-IVF and natural cycle IVF etc.  The feedback from ladies were almost all great.  I couldn't find the success rate.  I realized after a while that the doctor is dealing with different patients.  He is dealing with older patients (such as 44 using own eggs), poor responders, patients who failed many time in other clinics.  

The problem there is timing of ovulation.  Sometimes the body ovulates itself already.  Most people go through a few times for it to work.  However, since it is low dose or no meds, you can do it every month.  Cost is very offerable compared to conventional IVF.

I live in SF, so I have to fly to NYC to do it.  I am not sure how it could be practical for me.  I have a job and need to work to fund my IVF.
does anyone knows of someone who did mini ivf?