Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Miscarried 2 weeks ago - cramping and now bleeding? WTF?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hey ladies! Need some advice. Found out on the 5th that we were miscarrying due to bleeding. Doc confirmed it and I bleed for about a week (tissue etc all seemed to come out). Then nothing. Temps are still higher than normal. Been cramping on and off since the m/c. Started to bleed again today. Browish and really really light - only when i wiped. Now it is brighter and has teeny tiny bits of clots/tissue in it. Cramping hurts but not unbearable - and backache.

Only been 15 days since I M/Ced. So, not a period right? What do you guys think? Especially if you have had a natural M/C, let me know what is going on please :) Just leftover tissue in there?

By the way - HCG was still 38 on Monday. Down from 68 from the 5th.

Thanks!!!
I don't know if this will help or not since I had D&C, but I didn't start my period unitl about two weeks after my HCG dropped under 5.  I think that last test they did HCG was 2, then period started two weeks to the day from the bloodwork.  I'm sorry you had to experience this.  I know it is difficult, but for us it did at least confirmed we could get pg.    
When I spoke to my new RE she told me that this is one thing that could happen.
basically you bleed and then you think its over but you start again to bleed after 1 or 2 weeks.
She told that not everyone goes through this (I did not) but that is perfectly normal and she wanted to tell me so I would not be scared if it happened.
I think you are right on track and I will bet that next time you'll check your HCG it will be at zero!
Well most of the times when you stop bleeding the m/c ended. You should have done a sono to confirm that everything passed out. That's the best way to tell not just the HCG. Sometimes with natural m/c not everything is out and you might need an D&C or a pill to enduce the rest of the m/c. So go back to your doctor and ask them a sono. With my 2m/c i had a sono done 10 days after the bleeding started. I bleed and pass clotts for 5 days and then 2 days of light bleeding. The HCG may take some time to go back to 0.
There's also the chance that it could have been twins and m/c separately as I have heard of this happening.  It sounds like your HCG is coming down well as I know several of the other girls have had trouble getting started TTCing again cuz their HCG level just wouldn't drop enough.

My heart goes out to you sweetie and sending you warm thoughts to get you through this difficult time.  
The bleeding is super heavy now and has tiny clots in it (tissue) so I guess it all didn't come out. Going to try to call RE .

Nope - just called.... This is ridiculous. I feel like c r a p. I am bleeding harder now then I did 10 days ago. When they did the first U/S on the 5th, everything (according to them) had detached itself and was basically no there and then I started to bleed heavier and BIG clots and tissue came out. So, I have no idea where this tissue could have been hiding at. They didn't do an U/S this past Monday - just bloodwork for my HCG which I thought was weird...but heck I ain't no doctor :)

Guess I will just deal with it and call on Monday when the doc is back in. The whole thing is driving me mad! I can't think straight!

Just called my OB and left a message - with it being Good Friday I wasn't sure they would open. So I will update ya'll when I hear something. I just don't want to have to take the medicine or have D and C.

If you have had a D and C - what goes on? Does it hurt? Expensive? AHHHHHH!!!!!!! Great way to start my Spring Break! UGH!
aww man jen i cant believe this. i was sure it wasn't anything to be worried about. i hope its not as for the D&C its not comfortable, the cramping hurts and but they will give you pain pills for it. and if you have the D&C then you know that everything is out.But i hope you dont need one. ill pray hard for you, HUGS
Amanda
Just got back from the hospital. Went in to the ER at 5:30 and went straight into surgery at 6:45. Crazy huh? They did a D and C. The bleeding was so bright and the doc said I still had a lot of tissue in there. I feel ok. They let me go home because my hemoglobin was fine. So, I am feeling ok. Just wanted to let everyone know. Doc said I may have to wait 2-3 months before ttc again. We will see. Hugs.
~Hey jumped in late ~ sorry to hear you're going through so much ~ did they say if it was twins or not..??..or a tubal pregnancy ~ heard of this before with my friend who had the tubal ~ tons of pain ~ glad you didn't experience that!!~~
I lost my baby about 2 weeks ago and they let me have a natural M/C. I was only about 6.5 weeks. I bled for about a week and had a lot of tissue that came out - thought it was all out. Guess not. Started bleeding badly and basically it was pouring out of me, so went to the Er and they did a D and C and got all of the tissue out. I now think it may have been twins because there was so much I lost 2 weeks ago and then so much that the doc got out tonight... Going to bed, feeling groggy from the drugs. Night all
ONE thing I've learned (over & over) on this site is ASK QUESTIONS ~ the Dr's take advantage of our naevite or uncomfortableness ~ and don't offer ANYTHING ~ so remember to ask away ~ give them a call and ask for specifics ~ I even went out to Staples and purchased a microrecorder so I remember everything for DH & myself ~ too nervous while there ~ just keep in running during exam, etc ~ then load it up to the computer!! Best of luck!
Here is a question. I was told I miscarried well they checked to make sure it wasn't a tubal. Everything has come out IM still bleeding and my hCG levels have gone from 245 to 475 to 578. Did I lose the baby? They said of I didn't its  an abnormal pregnancy and I would lose it anyway. Can someone please give some insight I would really appreciate it. Also can hormone levels and bleeding be dysfunctional due to a unworking ovary?
I miscarried using the pill misoprostol last sunday, most came out monday, then more came out during the week when i passed a liver size clot the next monday. cramps and bleeding never went away, now i am 11 days after my miscarriage and cramps have come on severe like. When will this go away?