Monthly Spotting/Cramping by day 21
I have unexplained infertility.  I do have a son who is almost 4; we conceived him after 4 years of doctors, treatments, medications, and one cycle of IUI.  We have not used birth control since the year 2000.  we have gone through all of the testing again as we are TTC a second child.  once again, everything is "normal".  We had 4 failed IUIs in 6 months recently.  I did become pregnant on my own this past June, but it was a chemical pregnancy, and by the time I happily shared the news with DH (Father's Day) I was already starting to miscarry.

My question is, what could be causing this?  I spot and cramp almost without fail every month by day 21-23.  I have a 26-28 day cycle.  OPK's show I ovulate, regularly, between day 11-13.  Myyday 19-21 progesterone levels are WNL.  But, something has to be off if there is cramping and spotting every month, don't you think?  

I've been to a fertility specialist, and was so disgusted at the treatment by them (very condescending) that I did not go back.  I am a pharmacist, and I just don't put up with other healthcare professionals who think it's ok to treat the patient like dirt.

I love my son, but there is an empty spot in my family, and if one more person tells me they got pregnant "without even trying" I thinkI'm going to need admitted to the loony bin.
Did you see a reproductive endocronolgist? Try find a new RE. Have you had a laparscopy, and hysterscope to look for endemetreosis? Those are some signs. As for the health professions. Unfortunatly you will find my fertility dr's aquire a "God complex." You just have to find one who is reputable, ask around, or get on the websites. I recently found a website you can go to and check if there has been lawsuits filed, complaints. Try going to America's Top Doctor's. You can put your state, and specialty in and get some results. I also looked at different Dr's on theri websites, they usually show awards, articles, lecture's, commitees, etc.. I hope this helps. By the way I have the same problem, I have 2 boys, been trying to have a baby for 2 1/2 yrs with my husband, been pregnant 6 times, all m/c at 6-7 wks. Friday was most recent, had a D&C after IVF cycle. The baby stopped growing at 6 wks. Find out if you are having progestrone problems.
I have a similar problem as yours, I have a 3 yrd old boy, which I conceived after trying 3 IUI + chlomide.Pregnancy was very easy and no complications. However I have beedn trying for the past 2 yrs to get pregnant, I did 7 IUI all failed, now I am in my 1st IVF, pregnancy confirmed but still waiting for my 2nd beta to see ...I used to ask my Dr why is this happening to me, he tells me I have what they call " Unexplained Fertility", my husband's sperm count are good, with gonal I ovulate well and good quality eggs but nothing was happening this is why we opted for the IVF. I know what you feel,  I have a healthy boy and I am grateful to God and hope all women who don't have children yet that May God grant them this honorable gift, but yet I find myself sometimes thinking there's still a void and another baby or two?? would be great if that's God's will, so I wish you all the luck in whatever you decide what to do and let's pray more for the women who have not yet had any child, I really really think about them a lot, lots of baby dust to you and them and me!
hello! so sorry to hear about your struggles! this whole ttc thing is such a pain and soooo draining!   i have a very similar situation as your (the premenstrual spotting that is) i was on the pill for 7 years.. excitingly got off, and waited to get preg, but i was spotting 4-5 days before menses each month as well.. and each time thought oo maybe its implantation! ha! i never had any cramping or abnormally painful periods either.. I finally convinced my DR (my initial OBGYN didn't take me and ttc seriously because she thought i was young - 27) to do a workup.. the ultrasound showed an endometrioma on one of my ovaries.. i went into surgery and they did find severe endometriosis (one of the worst cases she had ever seen- i never want to make the record books with a dr unless its a good miracle!) so we have been ttc since.. that left ovary no longer functions.. and we did get preg with our 3rd IUI but miscarried.. so are about to go forward with IVF...  so i would consider doing a lap.. to just check for that otherwise. if your progesterone is good then many doctors are unconcerned with premenstrual spotting and say that it doens't contribute to infertility (i, however, was always much more concerned than them!) the surgery along with progesterone supplements has stopped the spotting though!  
GOOD LUCK!  keep us updated!
I've had 2 HSG's in the past 5 years, and both were normal; in fact they commented about how "open" my tubes are (the dye shot through VERY fast!)  I have no abonormalities with my cervix.  As I said, my progesterone levels are WNL (usually around 9-10) 7 days post ovulation.

I live almost 2 hours from the nearest specialized reproductive doctors, so to just try to find another one, and go to appts, and follow ups, and tests, etc, is not something easily acommodated.  When I was TTC my first child and went to them, they were not very willing to work with the local hospital for blood work, ultrasounds, etc.  They wanted me  in their office at a moment's notice.  My sister has PCOS and is TTC and working with another doctor from that area who is sort of trying to work with hospitals around our area, but they are still giving her a rough time about many things.  

There is sucha  need for these MD's everywhere in the country!  
Gosh that would be frustrating to not have access to a good RE...and with all the trips and monitoring i don't even know how people with "normal" 9-5 jobs even do it when they live in the same town as the RE!   GOOD LUCK with everything, let me know if i can answer questions or help you in any way! : )