Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Mother-In-Law

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Mother-In-Law

Oh my gosh, I just got off the phone with my mother in law and of course we were talking about me ttc (b/c I am obsessed) and she said the dreaded "Look at all the people who don't even have one child" and "You just have to stop worrying about it"
I wanted to stick my arms through the phone and strangle her (ok not really)  I am sure she hates me now b/c I said "Well people who haven't gone through this have no clue and it sucks" Ahhhhhhhhhh!
I think she is just trying to make you not to worry a lot. I athink you are lucky to have a mother in law like that. There so many mother in laws think it is daughter in law fault that their son has no child. My mother in law always tells me that even if you dont have any children you have your husband and us that love you very much. Please dont let every little thing drive you crazy. I do that all the time. I am on this site 24/7. I am absessed with getting pregnant. You are not alone. Good luck
i hear you girl...unless a woman has been through it they have no idea what it feels like. sometimes they just say insensitive things because they don't know what else to say. my mother in law just shrugged her shoulders and said "we'll see?"...because i have had multiple mc. one time after the 3rd mc she even asked "did the doc tell you that you were pregnant?" like i said, don't let it frazzle you too much. she has no idea the pain you are going through, so she can't relate. baby dust to you and God Bless!!!
Thanks, some days I am crazy and some days I am ok.  What a roller coaster. At least I am going to the RE on Monday for the first time, that should give me renewed hope.
Im sorry for what you are going through.  I have a great family and mother in law who mean well but even then have found that its just best to keep a lot of things between dh and myself.  Its not that they mean to say things that hurt but they arent going through the same thing and I am sensitive about ttc and my losses now anyway so they are probably going to say things that get under my skin even if it not intentional.  Good luck.  I hope things work out for you.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers