Mucinex and CM
Hi - just wondering about when and how much Mucinex to take (my pills are 600 mg)

I know that you should start about 4-5 days before ovulation, but my concern is that I am not EXACTLY sure when I should ovulate this month - last cycle (when I started BBT, fertilityfriend and CBFM), I had a longer cycle than usual, so I am nervous that I might ovulate earlier than everything will predict....will it hurt me if I start taking it now, to cover the chance of an early o?

Thanks!
It won't hurt to start taking it now, and you should take 1 pill a day. :)  You can also take Robitussin, but it's pretty much the same thing in liquid form, and you have to take it throughout the day to get your 600 mg, and it tastes rotten, so the Mucinex is the way to go.

I used it with my first pregnancy and it worked!

Sheri
What is this about Mucinex and Robitussin?  I have heard something about Robitussin, but paid absolutely no attention because it was several years ago.  Could you explain it to me?   I took yet ANOTHER Neg. test this morning....  :(
Sometimes clomid can cause your CM to dry up and be hostile.  If you take Guanifenisin (which is in mucinex and robitussin), it can help you have really nice, thick EWCM.  It totally worked for me.. .my first month on clomid, I was dry as a desert.  The second month, I had great EWCM from taking 600 mg of Guanifenisin a day.

If you go the Robitussin route, don't get any type with letters after the name.  You have to get just the normal Robitussin that only has Guanifenisin in it.

Hope that helps!

Sheri
Thanks!  My pill is a 12 hour release form, so will it still work to just take 1 pill?  Also, can I just take it at night since I think that it may make me tired anyway or will I 'lose' the 12 hours of effectiveness?
I took my mucinex for like the first 5 days leading to O. That was my first time trying it and I ended up with a BFP. I noticed a big change in CM too! If you don't know when you O, have you tried OPK's?
I use Clearblue Fertility Monitor - but the first cycle that I used it, my cycle was about a week longer than usual (I think due to a failed IVF the previous cycle) and since it is basing this month on last month - I don't want to o early and have the CB monitor miss it!

Did you take it at night or in the a.m.? How much did you take?
Are you guys taking the Micinex DM or the regular Mucinex that you don't need a license for??
Regular mucinex - don't take anything with letters behind it!  You want the guafinsen (sorry about spelling)!!