My Experience with Miscarriage and Misoprostal
My pregnancy ended at about 6 weeks but because of the way my appointments were scheduled, my doctors didn't discover it until 12 weeks!  I originally was going to go with a D&C to get it over with as quickly as possible, but my doctor recommended taking the misoprostol tablets because of the risks that come with surgery.  The risks he listed were uterus perforation (most common in early pregnancies) and anesthesia risks.  He recommended trying the misoprostal and using a D&C as a last resort.  I should add, D&C's are not dangerous and very common, however the recommended method of miscarrying will differ based on your specific situation.

I took the misoprostal yesterday at about 4:30 PM.  I experienced dizziness and nausea within about 30 minutes of taking the pills, but not enough to make me vomit; just laying down made me feel better.  

At about 9:30 pm, the cramping started. At first it was just annoying, then they got more severe. I took some pain medication and it was tolerable.  I only had light bleeding last night, and only passed little clots.  This morning, I am feeling much better - no cramping and still only very light bleeding, like the beginning or end of a period.  
If I were to take a guess, I'd say no significant tissue has passed.  I'm not worried quite yet. Although lots of women experience heavy bleeding at the very beginning, others can have to wait up to two weeks to miscarry.  And then some need a second dosage or do not miscarry at all, warranting a D&C.  

If you are experiencing something similar, or are worried about your progress with misoprostal, the key is to accept that you have no control over this situation.  It may work, it may not.  This is all part of the process of starting over. Eventually, by some method you will start over and heal.  In the mean time, stay calm and do your best to minimize mental stress on your body.  Pray, meditate, and keep yourself busy.  Let the worry and the wondering go and know that it will all be over sooner than you think.  If you are going through this, I'm sending my love, support, and hugs your way.  You are beautiful, strong, and you will be able to help others cope with this in the future.  <3

PS - for women who are curious about the bleeding patterns associated with misoprostal, please post your experiences below.  Bleeding patterns seem to be the biggest worry with this medication. Thanks!
I'm so sorry for your loss!