Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
My fiancee is shooting blanks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

My fiancee is shooting blanks

Hi, my fiancee and I are trying to get pregnant, but when he has an orgasim nothing comes out. We have read up on this issue and have found that he really just needs to relaxe or take something like sudafed or vitamins. He has tried a lot of things but the past month he has only been able to once. It also seems that his sex drive has gone down. We have been trying to have a second child for over two years and im not sure what else we can do. Any suggestions?
He should see a urologist.
You definately need to see a fertility specialist.
My husband experienced the same thing. He had low T. Ever since using the gel, he's shooting with a loaded gun. Just takes a blood test to find out his levels. Good luck!
He needs to see his doctor to find out what the reason is for him "shooting blanks".  A blood test will be able to show the level of hormones in his body.  He may be lacking in the male hormones, which can be rectified by the doctor prescribing a hormone gel.  

If that is not the problem, he would have to be referred to a specialist.

Another reason for men shooting blanks is that the scrotum gets too hot. When sitting too long as a lorry driver for example.