My husband is sterile. Can I still get pregnant?
Hello, everyone. I'm 28 years old married woman. I dated this guy in my past who's my husband now. We were a happy couple, though we still are. He's 35 now, 7 years elder than me. A couple of months ago, we came to know that he's 100% sterile (infertile you can say). I just can't believe this. In our past, we had sexual relationships (with each other) a couple of times. I still remember when I checked it, it was positive. Since we were not married, I had to go for an abortion (now I feel very regret). This means he could have babies, he was not sterile at that time. After being married for two years, we can't have a baby due to my husband's infertility. And just because of this, he's now very depressed.

First, we were ready to adopt a child, but now he's completely refusing that. I have no earthly idea what's on his mind. We're not happy in these days. He now doesn't spend his time with me anymore. It seems he wants to move on. I know he loves me a lot, that's why I can't let him go. But on the other hand, I just can't see him like that. A few of our friends have suggested us to seek some medical help. I've heard about egg donation, IVF, and surrogacy. Even I've visited some fertility experts; they say everything will be good. But still, we can't go for it just like that.

Is there anyone who has used these fertility methods in his/her parts? Can you please share your experience with me? I'll be highly grateful to you.

Regards.
Sorry for your situation.  First, you have to deal with the relationship.  You two have to mend things and get on the same page before considering any type of fertility treatment.  You have to know where things are headed as dealing with infertility is not easy even with the strongest of relationships.  So, that's your first step.  Work on this.  Ask him to do counseling.  If you go through that and things are better between you two, then you can investigate the best approach to have a child together.  He's 100 percent fertile so, he can not father a child.  Period.  Your eggs are probably fine so you don't need egg donation or surrogacy.  However, you would need a sperm donor and either artificial insemination or IVF.  

These are not inexpensive.  

Build up the foundation of your relationship before undertaking this.  And maybe he's depressed to learn he is infertile at 37.  What is the cause of his infertility?  
Is "sperm donation" the only solution we have? Is there something we can do to increase my husband's sperm count? Does medical science provide any treatment for this? Or if "sperm donation" is the only option we have, what things should we keep in mind?
Your husband age is 35, and you also told us that he has tried almost everything to increase his sperm count. But nothing has changed so far. Some medical reports say that men's sperm quality decreases at age 35. You've already tried a proper medication (must be recommended by your doctor) but still the result is same. Now I think "sperm donation" is the only option you're left with. You can visit some fertility clinics nearby you. Sperm donors are easily available in these days, but make sure you choose the right person. Please avoid visiting cheap and untrusted/unregulated clinics.
First of all, sterile and Infertile are not synonyms. The term "sterility" means that it's just impossible for a couple to conceive a child. Whereas, infertility means that a couple is not sterile but for some reason has not been able to conceive a child. Anyway, I'm extremely sorry to hear your tragedy. How did you come to know that your husband is infertile? Did you run any test? He was not infertile since you got pregnant once in your past. But that was the past, and this is now. Your true friends suggested you to get some medical help, that's very correct. Since your husband is infertile, he can't make babies now. But you can. How? You must have heard about sperm donation. You should consider that.

By the way, who told you about egg donation and surrogacy? Egg donation is a good option, but only for an infertile woman. It has no relation with men. Second is surrogacy, I won't recommend it to you. It's better you should visit a fertility centre nearby you which can arrange a sperm donor.

Good luck.
Thanks for clearing this, sterile and infertile are not synonymous. Since we were trying to conceive and have had no luck, we decided to consult our doctor. First, she performed some tests like HSG and TVS, on me. My report was normal and it said I'm fertile. Then the semen analysis test of my husband was done. According to the report, he has low and poor sperm quality. He had tried almost everything whatever he could, but the result is still same. And our friends have advised that just because we haven't disclosed the fact yet that I'm okay and my husband is infertile. I just can't let my husband down in front of anyone. Anyway, thanks for providing me the correct information. I should've searched about them on Google.
As far as I can see into your case, you should definitely look for an egg donor. If it's possible, you should ask to any of your family members or friends (male) if they have no problem with sperm donation. But if you're not comfortable with this idea, you can visit some fertility clinics. They can easily arrange you some sperm donors. And you just don't worry, everything will be private. If you think you just can't afford this in USA or Canada, you can go abroad. Ukraine might be a good option for you, I've seen many people recommend this destination.
DH doesn’t like this idea, even I don’t. As I said earlier that we haven’t disclosed this with anyone, we’re not comfortable. But we have no problem using donor’s sperm. We’ve visited some clinics and met some fertility specialists. They say that first we should try the ICSI treatment, a specialised form of IVF. I never heard about this before. They just need one good sperm, that’s it. But DH has very low sperm count, there’s hardly any good sperm.
mhv
You can use donor sperm and do ivf, or there is the option of donor\adopted embryos.  My husband and I struggled with unexplained infertility for several years.  We finally grew our family with donor embryos, and have 5 year old twins as a result !it kind of evens the playing field per say.  The children are not genetically either of ours, but I got to carry the baby!  I would be glad to help you with information about it if you are interested .  
Set down and share your hearts.  This is fixable and possible.  Best wishes