Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Need advice on clomid vs. injectables and high number of follicles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am looking for advice from anyone who has switched from clomid to injectable meds. I am currently on a half-dose of clomid (25 mg). This is my second cycle at that dose, and both times had 3 large follicles and had very high estrogen. RE said this is a way above average response to the med. Problem is clomid thins my lining. Have discussed switching to injectables with RE bc of lining problem. I feel like RE keeps delaying the switch and saying I should try another clomid cycle. He seems concerned I would produce too many folls on injectables based on my response to clomid. Also said everything else looks good on clomid and it is possible to get pg with lining of 6, even though it's not ideal. I'm not sure if I should push for switching to injectables next cycle.

I am wondering for those who have switched, did you produce more folls on the injectables? Did anyone produce too many folls on low dose of injectables and have to cancel the cycle? Thanks so much for any advice you have.
Hi I did 5 rounds of clomid up to 150mg without any mature follicles and yes it gave me a thin lining too.  I have had a much better response to injectables but you are having a response to clomid so I personally don't think injections would be a good idea either.  However you should ask to be switched to femara it's a pill like clomid but does not thin your lining.  Try taking some flaxseed oil also as it will help build your lining back up.  Of course this is just my opinion but i think if you had a good response on really low dose clomid there is no need to jump to injectables, give femara a try.  good luck hun, ihope that works for you.
PLEASE SEND ME INFORMATION WHEN YOU FIND OUT MY DOC. IS WANTING TO PUT ME ON CLOMID WHEN MY HUSBANDS TEST A IN.. SO PLEASE SEND ME INFO...
Thanks so much. I will ask about Femara. I have flaxseed oil in the fridge so will try adding that to my diet. I have been taking fish oil tabs, not sure if they do the same thing. Thanks for the good wishes. Good luck to you too!