Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Never been pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Never been pregnant

Anyone that has never been pregnant (no chemical/ectopic preg, no miscarriages; genuinely never been pregnant) and then got pregnant? What medical issues were diagnosed as the cause and what helped you finally conceive?
i had never been pregnant, we tried for 19 months or so, fertilty treatments etc.. finally did get a BFP about two months ago (unfortuantely it was a blighted ovum and i'm miscarrying) i was diagnosed with severe endo (lost an ovary six months ago to it, mild pcos, LUFS, and we also had male factor - poor morphology of only 2%) told IVF was really the only way to go...but my RE wanted us to try one more IUI with a "test run" of how my body would react to injectables.. so we did femara 5mg, low dose follistim, novarel trigger, IUI followed by progesterone and got our BFP, the month before IVF, we were shocked and thrilled, now really upset, but at least we did get pregnant..so that part does make me feel better! good luck to you!
Never ever been preggo. I am in your boat.
Oh sorry, to answer the rest of your question, never got a BFP not yet, trying about 4-5 yrs. IUI 3x and 1x w/clomid. And of course routine tests, trying to hit on the ovulation days etc. If you find anyone who gets preggo after never getting a bfp let me know! I am getting nervous.
I am so sorrry to hear about your loss omg!!!! i know that is so messed up.  but at least now you do know you can get pregnant that half the battle so congrats for that.  are you gonna wait a while to try again or what are your plans?
what happened with you clomid experience? were you using opk's then? i ovulated when i was on it and i had sex but cramping kept us from finishing so it stays in my mind like damn what if i had just kept going - because it wasn't all that bad of a cramping i could have finished you know? but going forward believe i will lol
how was your iui experience? is it something you will do again?
i also had never been preg. tried for over 8 yrs (male/female factor) told by dr  ivf only hope (not in budget) so we just gave up hope & were just happy with each other.then 3/08 i found out i was pregnant with an ectopic preg. Couldn't get preg w/out help????? so goes to show that there is hope!!!
I have never been preg and I'm 39. DH and I have been actively ttc for 3 months. I've been off BC for 7 months, ( first time in 20 years). my gyn told me to give it 10 cycles before coming in to see him for testing.
Im so happy and sad for you at the same time!!   If you don't mind me asking what factors did your doctors say are affecting your fertility?
and thank you for the hope - a nice ray of sunshine as I anticipate ovulation lol never knew i would be paying this close attention to my body for such a natural event :)
Baby dust to you!!!
I wish you baby dust on your well earned journey.  Is there anything that you and your DH have been doing besides baby dancing? :)  Any medications or diets?
What is BFP? I am new to all these acronyms. Thanks
BFP is big fat positive like what we all hope to get on our pregnancy tests.
thank you. at the time they said my DH sperm count, but the dr i'm seeing now says it was prob. a combo of both of us. DH is having new test because we know it can happen!!! i'm glad it helped and good luck to you. baby dust to you!!
Try MommaKath's herbs or FertilAid...I've heard acupuncture helps too.  And someone just mentioned siberian ginseng.
I have never been pregnant and tried clomid for five months... the last month I did not care anyome because of the heart aches... I am the one who tried siberian ginseng before I took my first pill of clomid.  It is supposed to balance the yin and yang of your body.  the chinese doctor told me about it a year ago but I did not listen but since I am always cold al the time cold feet cold hands cold all the time.. I gave it a try and it worked not only for me but for my aunt that tried it a long time ago with two kids now... hope that helps... well I thought I should start being healthy and so I did try it..
tried for 2 and a half years, never got pregnant. i was diagnosed(sp??) with PCOS last Nov. we did IUI, failed, then went straight to IVF, got twins first try. i unfortunately lost one of my babies 3 weeks ago today. have a heahtly little baby right now at 9 weeks today.

Good Luck
I have never ever ever been pregnant!! I havent been to a dr. yet though either!! when i finally get to go i ll be posting what info i receive.
Tea_berries-whats this siberian ginseng? I have the same problem with my hands and feet its summer time and i always have to wear my tennis shoes unless im swimming cus my feet are sooo cold i cant really stand it!! Not just that but i dont really like A/C i need it for the air to circulate and not be stuffy but it dont take but 5 mins for me to get cool after that i have to wear my sweater cus my DH stays hot non-stop!! And did u mean it worked as in you are pregnant now or u got pregnant taking it? I have heard stuff about being cold and not getting prego so im curios!!
-my badd i just read ur other post im sorry!! Congrats on ur pregnancy!! and i guess i might need to look into this product cus i have the same problem with cold u do!! I read about a cold uterus but nothing like ur whole body needed to be warm!! Any other info u have about it i'd love to hear!!
I'm 32 (DH 42) and also have never been prego.  On BC for 12 years and went off 7/06.  Waited a few months to TTC (had to get Chicken Pox vac and couldn't try).  We have TTC for 2 years to no avail.  I have my first appt with an RE in October and am trying to get DH in for s/a before that.
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. That has to be so hard after all you went through to get pregnant. I wish you nothing but good health to you & your little 9 week old. You give me hope.
well after my miscarriage finally stops, then we'll wait for one AF to arrive then go back to injectables and IUI.. we were on our last IUI  and supposed to do IVF that next month but even though all the dr's said we wouldn t'get preg without IVF since insurance decided they would'nt pay for it after all and i was on cd2 the day of my IVF consult my RE wanted to give a "test run" for the injectables to see if i overstimulate/understimulate etc... thats when we got preg, i had given up all hope!    so we'll take a month off and try not to think about it much then back to the grind!! If we got preg then anything is possible!
i have had 2 babies luckly, my second baby was a pure mircle, dr told me i couldnt get preg again. well i did, with no aid. now my fiance wants a baby of his own, and i missed my period for 3 months now, and neg hcg test, my dr gave me provera i am now on day 9 th of this medican and still no period, do you think i may be preg? if not i am ready to give up hope
thank you for the suggestions. i actually am currently taking fertilaid, ive been on it for about a month. i have been doing yoga about 3 times a week... not too easy about the needles lol but who knows maybe one day i will try that route :)
no prob girl we are all in this together :)
did your dr. suggest anything besides the test for your DH to help improve things for you?
thats the first time i heard of the siberian ginseng. is it a pill, tincture, tea? how did you take it and how long did it take to work?
congratulations!!!
and im sorry for your loss. :(  i know your little angel will look over your family
how much did the ivf cost - did your insurance cover any of it?
baby dust to you on your mutual journey to motherhood
do you have problems your periods?
girl im still trying for #1!! so i certainly dont know about secondary infertility ;) congratulations on your 2 blessings
Thank you, it was hard for the day trying to understand but knowing that one of my babies had to go for the other to survive was enough knowing that one had!!

so far with our testing and with the IUI and the IVF were somewhere around 25 thousand but i am blessed with one of the few insurances that covers infertility so we have paid only about 1200 or so....this was our last shot though and we ended up with a positive so we are truly blessed all around!!!!
waiting for DH results. see what happens from there. how long have you been ttc?
What insuarance carrier do you have that covered your treatments? Unfortunately, I have Tricare through the military and I do not believe that they cover anything past injections, ie. IUI or IVF. With us being overseas & a poor exchange rate things will be very expensive here.

Good luck to you
Wow thats some good insurance do you mind if i ask you it's with?  I am with BCBS and with my sono and lap surgery and hsg my total was like 8 thousand but Im only responsble for like 2 thousand so it could be worse lol
well the first time I went to the doctor about it was October 2007, but as far as trying on my own :) about 2 years
I am with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mn.  I don't know all what procedures or what all it covers as far as infertility.  I will have to look more into it the longer it takes me to concieve (conceive).
momorbust, im with bcbs of nc i guess its the state that takes well care of us? u know bcbs anthem which is here in nevada S*CKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and doesnt cover hardly ANYTHING!
Lol seems like thats the case will all insurances these days.  I joke but its not funny.
Been with my boyfriend for 11yrs never been on birth control and we don't use protection. I have never been pregnant I really want a baby I'm afraid to see a doctor because I don't wanna be told that I'm infertile....pls help
It's a scary process to go through, but if you don't start looking into these things now it could be a lot longer before you bring home your baby.  I would have your bf go to the dr. to get a SA (Sperm Analysis) because it's easier than what they'll have you do and go from there. Wishing you the best.
I am 40 never been pregnant, never used the pill and we have been trying to for 5months. I don't want to go to the doctor either. I'm scared too,I think I'd take it...badly if I ever found out I couldn't have babies...

I am actually now waiting for the dreaded period to come..today. Each hour I don't get them is so hard. I have cramps but that's it...I want this so bad. it's so heart breaking every damn month...
Im 27, been w/my boyfriend since i was 14, off & on but never turnd up pregnant. Im really startn to get nervous bein asthough i've never been on any kind of BC. I just wanna know, whats the hold up
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers