Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
New Here... Temp dip day after O?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

New Here... Temp dip day after O?

Hello, I am new to this community. October is the first month of charting temps.

I am almost positive I O'd on the 20th (CD 16) I had terrible left side cramping and my temp. has spiked above my coverline for the past 2 days. I had a drop in my temp. on the 21st (1 dpo) and then a big spike yesterday and today. (2 & 3 dpo)

Has anyone had a dip in their temp the day after O?

I am really hoping I O'd on the 20th because DH and I BD'd that night and 2 days prior. We were unable to DTD the 21st or 22nd. I really hope I caught it this month.

I hvae my temperature tracker in my profile if anyone could check it out and tell me what you think.

Thanks! SSBD

These 2 weeks are going to drag!!
Welcome to the fertility forum! Based on your temps, it does sound like you ovulated on CD17 and not CD16...but either way, it's always better to BD before ovulation, so you should still be covered! The sperm can live for several days inside your reproductive tract, and it's much better to have the little swimmers there waiting when the egg is released, that having them start the long journey at that time :-) Hope that makes sense!

Best of luck this month!

P.S. You might want to change your chart from the temperature chart to the ovulation tracker. That way, it will show your cycle days, dpo and such :-)
Thank you so much for the information. I had horrible shooting pains on my left side on CD16 so I assumed I ovulated then.

So I guess it's normal to have a temp dip the day of "O" then, and not so much the day after?

Oh boy, I hope your right and we still have a good chance of catching it this month = )

I will change my chart- thanks!
Yeah, normally the temp dip occurs the day of ovulation, followed by a spike the following day (as your progesterone increases). But based on the cramps, maybe it happened somewhere in between...like right around the time you checked your temp on CD17...and if you BD's the night before on CD16, then that would be perfect timing! The cramping can be a little misleading, though, as some women get them before ovation (as the egg expands and adds extra pressure), others while ovulating (as the egg actually releases) and some even after ovulation (I think the theory here is that it's caused by fluids). And of course, some don't get any cramps at all ;-)  Good luck!
I have gotten that too and I read it is called a "fall back rise" and it is ok- as long as your temps go up afterwards.
Do you use fertilityfriend.com? I highly reccommend it if you don't- it is great and free!