Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
New Ovulation Calendar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

New Ovulation Calendar

We're pleased to announce the first of what will be a series of tools MedHelp will be providing over the coming weeks. For our Fertility community we have created an Ovulation Calendar which will estimate when you are most likely to ovulate.

This tool can be reached by clicking on the "Calculators" link at the top of the community, or on the right hand panel in the "Community Calculators" box.

We hope you find this helpful, and if there are any other tools you would like to see, please let us know!

MedHelp
Sorry, but I am not very impressed with the 'calculator' - it is so basic that it is almost 'not helpful' - I think most women on this site know enough to know that ovulation can be anywhere from 11-21 days into the cycle as you have stated in the calculator.  That is really not enough to truly help a woman determine her ovulation.

Sorry, but I think that this one misses the mark! IMHO!
I agree with wanting4#1 Its very basic and not too helpful many women here suffer from irregular cycles so for them this chart wont help to determine when they ovulate maybe a chart that you enter your temps and it calculates that way? Keep trying and I'm sure will come up with a winner!!!!!
What other information would you like it to do? This is our very first ones, so we're planning on creating more and building on the existing ones quickly. Any feedback would be terrific.

MedHelp
Something similar to what Fertility Friend does.
I agree with the above posters.  Ovulation 'calculators' just perpetuate the myth that all women ovulate around the same time every month.  They don't take into consideration a whole variety of factors that I think most women on this forum are aware of.  Plus I find them slightly obnoxious. They encourage us to remain ignorant regarding how our body functions.  
I am more interested in charting my temperature, cervical mucus and cervical position to determine my ovulation.  All these signs vary from month to month for me.  That means, in addition to charting I need to keep a record of my personal charts for comparison and to accurately predict ovulation.  Last, but not least, this is my first month opk'ing.  I will be recording that as well to supplement my charting.  
Fertility friend and My Cycle offer great online charting tools with extensive support.  My favorite charting resource is offline and can be received through googling 'Justisse'.  I find Justisse to be the most thorough in considering the (20+) cervical mucus patterns and/or fertility problems that effect charting.  Good luck.  
thanks for the info about Justisse, I will look it up.  :)

Thanks for the great suggestions. We're going to look into what they have and we'll add onto these. We are committed to making these specialized to each community and their needs, so we want the best Fertility tools out there for this community.

Please keep the feedback coming!

MedHelp
i agree with the ladies but i was afraid to throw "names" out there but i use fertility friend and i LOVE it but if you had something similar i would use yours as i love medhelp too:)
Fertility takes everything into factor when you chart, Temps, bbt, opks, cm and all that wonderful things so if there was something that was anything like it i think it would look alot better. Thanks for trying to meet the needs of all these women. good luck:)