Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
New To Clomid ; )

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-210 comments:
Caralea,
That's nice :) I think you both will have a baby together  (since you both want one) that will be the brother or sister for your other kids :)

Good luck to  you :)
On the first note I am happy that you are going to raise your DH daughter I am too raising my DH daughter and Mine they are 5 months apart so like you I too look like I have twins..lol.. and like you we too are trying for our baby of love.
on the second note you taking clomid on 5-9 I too was not that with the 50mg but my RE told me to take it on 3-7 because it help thoes who dont O as I dont. on 5-9 it is for those who O. But I would think your doc knows why he would give them to you like that. I wish you luck and SSBD your way, I hope this is your time this time.. :0)
I am glad I can give her a way better home and show her what a family should be.

With the clomid.. I took it early last time and probably will again, the problem is getting my cycle to stop so that I can ovulate. My cycles have been lasting 10+ days. Which is not normal!! I use to be 3-5 max!

I may start working out (if I have time) to help my body get into gear. I have gained weight over the last few months TTC. My DH said it is sympathy weight cause I want to be pregnant.
Yeah I say the same thing she live with us and she vists her fake mom on the weekends. She at one point didnt even want to see her no more but I told her that she had to.

I hear you I am on 5 day cylce mine use to be long too I hated all that bleeding and I would bleed like that 2x a month my gyn did this operation on me and fix it. Since then I am back on track. might want to ask your do about that thats not good to bleed like that.

And yes girl I have been working out too it is not only good to lose some but as well for your body to help baby grow. I work out 3x a week not sit up or nothing but walking, jumping jacks and running some. and I was even doing some yoga that good for your body too. yoga helps your mind and body I am not stress out like before.
Are you taking prenatanl I am my doc put me on them 4 months ago when we told him we where TTC.
Well mama wish you luck this month SSBD
I have been taking prenatals since June 2009. I mainly work all week and so working out has been put off to the side. I wish I was a stay at home mom, but my job is very valuble to our family.

I will talk to the DR after this next round of clomid if it doesnt work- we dont want to get into too much cost, but I could have something more serious and not know it.
Caralea,
Have you asked your doc about the causes of your long cycle? may some or one of your hormones changed. If the hormones are not within te right range, pregnance may not occur.

Good luck,
I know its not easy I sometimes dont find the time to work out and or just to tried and want to relax at home.

If you have insurance it will cover the test it did for me and I have a crapy insurance, and I have to pay ever time I go to see my RE because my insurance dont cover him so I have to pay out and it really *****. SO I under stand where you coming from because its not easy... lucky my meds are cover but still pay a co payment. but is understand.

I wish you luck and I hope this round of Clomid helps as for me I will know some time this wee if clomid worked for me or what will be next.
I sure hope it worked this time because this is hurting my bank......
I SSBD your way and pray you get your BFP this time around....
;0)
My Dr will not do a whole lot of tests with out trying because of the PCOS.. he already knows I am broken. He said he is going to try and spare me as much cost as possible and then we'll test after we've tried a few. Heck if I get a surge this time he will do blood.
wow I too have PCOS but my doc helps out alot with it. I hope you get a BFP so you dont have to worry...How many rounds have you taken clomid? How long have you been TTC faithfully? See I had PCOS for as long as I can rem but they really found it after I had my daughter it took me 4 years to have my first child with no help of any. Now I have to take clomid I asked why is that and he said I got lucky the last time. He told me the only way for me to get pergo if I use clomid because I dont O.
I hope and wish the best for you.. I hope this time works.. SSBD
I too got lucky the first time.. I have had PCOS since shortly after I got AF in 7th grade.. I have always been irregular. Till 2006 when I started loosing weight I was down 40pounds and oops- got pregnant. I know that this is something that may help again. But when I work 9am-6pm every day and miss my kids dearly. If I could be a stay at home mom, heck yea- I would take them on walks and go all over!!

Now I have been trying to concieve (conceive) (including charting bbt/cm & af) for almost 8months now.. this is my 2nd round of clomid when AF gets here!
got a = okp today going to bd tonight and tomm with presseed i hope this works
CONGRATS!! Hope it all works out for you!
congrats mandyjune hope all works out for you this month... SSBD

Caralea I know its hard you have to keep your head up all will work out.
I have been TTC for 11 years but this is been a 6 month try with my DH and this is my 2 cycle too on clomid so it good that they up you up to 100mg. They did that to me and I O this month at least I hope it was, cause I hear with PCOS that we can get a false answer so will see with the blood test of perstorne I took on cd 21.
I hope this time it works for you and you get what your asking for..
best of luck mama SSBD...
BD THE LAST 2 DAY AND GOING TO TONIGHT TO OVER EVERYTHING I HOPE I GET A BFP TODAY
with in the next few days my egg should start making hcg if im prego working out eatting right i hope this works this month
I hope AF shows soon so I can start Clomid over and get a BFP and close this post out!
hello. im starting clomid in 2 weeks but i have no idea what ots about! how will it work? what will i have to look out for? im so confused!! im on metmorfin at the moment so will i stop taking it when im on clomid? please help :s  
Hi Ladies, Im 33 and been ttc for 1 year!!  My hubby and I have a 4 yr old and I was told I have pcos on Mar 11 2010.  I am now on Day 5 of Provera since I havn't had a period since July 2009. I don't think Ive ever been this happy about getting AF  LOL My ob has put me on 100mg of clomid for the first round.  Is this normal?  I see most start at 50mg.  I am super excited about starting this as its been a lonnnng year of trying.  If anyone is starting first cycle of clomid in the next couple weeks let me know if you want to "buddy up"
Welcome.. I am post provera by 4days I think.. I should be starting 100mg of clomid here soon too!! We can buddy up. I think your DR may have done you a favor by starting a higher dosage, due to the time gap since your last cycle was in Jul and since you've been TTC over a yr. Congrats and good luck.

I have been trying 8months, had PCOS for 10+ years and TTC my baby #2. My hubby and I got married May last year and we're trying for our first together (but this would be his 3rd). All of our kidos live with us right now (1 we have custody of the other her mother is a ding bat, well both his childrens mothers are and dont deserve those kids) and I couldnt be happier to have them and add another (if we can get there).

His oldest 5yr boy
Mine 3yr boy
His almost 3yr girl
          **Hoping for a girl!

Lots of baby dust to all!!

If you have ?'s, just ask me
That would be great!! this will be my first round of Clomid - dont really know what to expect other than what I read on here.  This forum has a wealth of knowledge. Im day 6 of provera with 4 more days to go!!Then the wait begins. i'm so excited - hoping for a quick pregnancy (I know we all are)  I was trying to time # 2 as My daughter will be starting school in Sept so I thought it would be a great time as I would only have the baby full time and Paige everyother day (to give me some alone time with the baby).  My Ob told me he's not going to worry about doing ultrasounds this round. He just wants to see if i'll O and possibly concieve (conceive).  Depending on my test results he may put me on Metformin also for round 2.
I think my DR should put me on metformin to help with my blood sugar lows I have been having. I dont want to become diabetic because of PCOS, but that is something my body can do at any time. Including gestational diabetes. Metformin over time can help loose weight as well- I have gained 20pounds since TTC, so I am not going in the right direction so far. before my son I lost 40pounds. Now I would ne to loose almost 70 to get to that goal or close to it.
Caralea,
thank i hope so to
i no what u mean my dr said im 48lb over wait and with my stress that could be y it hard for me to get prego i have lost 10 lbs and still eatting good so if i get prego they baby willbe fine
I havn't been able to lose any weight since I had Paige.  I am 40lbs overweight and have tried to lose it - even joined la weight loss etcc last year.... didn't work out!!  Now that spring is here Im gonna try to work out more, go for more walks.  I just pray that if i do get preggo - I don't gain another 75lbs like i did with #1.
With my 1st one I had lost 40pounds prior to accidently getting pregnant.. I only gained the 25-35lbs (like a normal pregnancy). This last year when I removed the IUD I was even heavier. Now I have gained even more.

I called my DR and should be getting a call sometime today on weither or not they are going to have to send me to an RE due to my PCOS and lack of ovulating and weight.. The thing I dont understand is there are plenty of really really big women out there 100+pounds more than me getting pregnant very easily (some even with PCOS).

Why not me?

We bought a wii for our family room, so hopefully with being more active at night we can start loosing weight indoors until the weather is better outside.

I could easily loose 100 pounds and not care one bit. LOL
I hear ya, i'm 170 so    i'd like to lose 30-40 lbs.   I need to lose somethin as i don't wanna get over 200.  It will be so hard to lose!!!
I am at my heaviest I have ever been. 270 I HATE IT... I have never really been over 250 and this is horrifying for me.

My DR's office called me back about my concerns with not ovulating at all and still no cycle- this is so hard to have been ttc for 8months and nothing has worked. PCOS ***** and I hope they either take blood do and ultra sound or send me to an RE to figure out what I can do. They have scheduled an appointment this Friday- I am excited, yet scared. I know weight is an issue for me- but I dont have the 4-5hours to work out like I use to. Before I had no kids, no husband or step kids. Now I am the bread winner in the family and yet I cant take care of my self.

Sorry I am complaining.. the headaches and hot flashes are killing me, I think the provera and clomid is also causing me to have more CM causing me to hate the smell of my self after sex- ick sorry TMI.
i no what u girls me im was 198 and the last 2 months i lost 10 lbs  so im 188 now and they dr would like me to be 145 or 155lbs working on it losely and ttc for 11 month it making me crazzy and i hate the smell of my self after sex too
I will start my last cycle of Clomid tonight.  I am on 100 mg on days 3-7.  I find it better to take right before bed. I think that it helps with the side effects.  The only ones that I notice are hot flashes and mood swings. Poor DH!
I actually thought about waiting a month to take my last dose, however I did get pregnant in August (3rd month of Clomid).  It was a presumed ectopic.  Since this is my 3rd month, I will give it one last shot.

Baby dust to us all!!!!
any suggestions on questions?  I have PCOS 8months no ovulation and no BFPs. I dont know if my husband has low levels and that will probably be our last test, knowing I have PCOS- it is me that is broken. We both have kids so we can work.. just gotta figure out how to work one together.

I just want to know what next and if I have to go to an RE.. the office I go to can only do so much.
Hi Cara!!  let us know how it goes!!  Im taking my last provera pill tomorrwo morning and then the waiting for AF begins!!
Hey girls I been out for a while but I am back I have updates, I O this month but not what the doctor wanted to see before my numbers where .5 now this month was 1 but he say thats good but he wants it to be more then 2 so with that said I am on CD3 and I was up to 150mg 3-7 days and boy am I not looking forward to the side effects... But I am happy that we are getting some where so far. He said since I have PCOS I am not O and if this dont work this time I will have to get drill.. and that is not covered by my Insurance and I would have to pay out. So I am hoping that 150 does what it needs to. I see we have some new girls on and some old still here. Well welcome and PCOS really s**cks and I know how all you feel I have been TTC for 11 years and its hard to get BFN all the time.. I pray and hope all works out for us all.. SSBD

Caralea you should see a RE that what I am seeing and he is so much help but your right gyn only can do so much. What you should do is ask about the drilling and see if your gyn can do it for you. You can look it up it is for those who dont O and have PCOS just for us. Check it out with your doc and you can look it up on line. I should have done it with my GYN when I had the chance I would have not had to be taking all these meds and would have got a BFP a long time ago. But No I wanted to try the meds first. Now my RE is saying I would have to pay for mine if I want to.
SSBD to all wish you all the best.
I am now on metformin... and found out my insurance will not cover any infertility, so I am going to try like hell on this pills to get my body to ovulate so we can get'r'done! LOL
With the non-coverage from my insurance, they did give me some pricing options.. but my DR doesnt want me to go broke for a baby. I understand that- and dont want to be in a bind, though I badly want a baby.

The side effects of starting metformin, plus I started AF Saturday have been something else... nauseated feeling and just wanting to sleep. The cramps so far are horrible!

But just maybe this is all a really good sign that this will work.

I am taking 500mg of Metformin 2x daily and here in 2days I will take 2x 50mg of clomid each day for 5 days to hopefully ovulate.

Other than that we're just going to keep trying and stay relaxed.
my coverage doen't cover infertility either!!.  I took my last provera pill on Saturday so now i just have to wait for AF to arrive.  Im so ready to start with clomid. Not sure what to do if AF doesn't come though??  I know I have to call my ob if i don't get within 7-10 days but would i go back on Provera again?
I am happy that your doc is getting some where with you thats so great. and my insurance dont cover none of my infertility either I have to pay out and it *****, so I understand where you coming from. I hope this time it works like a charm for you... I will be praying for you and that all goes well... SSBD
I have been up on my clomid this cycle too because I did O like the doc wanted my numbers where low. so will see if the 3 time works...
Started my second cycle of clomid and hoping it works! We have been TTC for a year and found out in December I wasn't ovulating after talking to my sister who used for all three of hers I made an appointment and start it! First cycle made my MP short and light no other side effects right now.
I hope it works as well... good luck to you both.
Sorry to hear you both have to pay for infertility as well.. medicaid will pay for all these kids to come into the world in a low income life style, but when someone who works hard wants a baby and has trouble the insurance we pay for doesnt help us.. what kind of crap is that.

Sherry- The provera cant take 5-15days after you stop for AF to show her ugly face. The first time I took it, it was 5.. the second time it took 8days.. so be patient and I hope she shows and the clomid works for you.

Sobie- what test/#'s are they doing for you... I did get blood drawn, but I dont know what exactly he was testing *(unless it was in regards to my sugars vs the metformin).

LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!
I get my hormones check and Progestorne test on cd21 he wants to see how my body is doing on the med vers. me not on them. and he did a Songram. and yeah I agree with you about that 100% I that work hard have to pay to see my RE but thoes who are just sitting at home getting my tax money they get all there stuff paid for.. WHat happen to this world.
I hope it works out for you SSBD
Well AF showed up today. Never thought I'd be this happy  LOL.  This will be my 1st round of clomid  (100mg - not sure why when most start at 50mg) CD 5-9 so if theres anyone who wants to be cycle buddies let me know.  I will start Clomid on this coming Saturday!!!! :)
BFN

I TEST TODAY  AND NOTHING BUT A BFN AND WHEN AF COME IT WILL BE WORKING ON 12 MONTHS THIS TIME AROUND AND 10 MONTHS LAST TIME, I TOLD HIM AFTER 2 ROUND OF CLOIMD WE WOUOLD TAKE A BREAK AND I GUSS IT WAS NOT MET TO BE, I  GUSS GOD HAS PLAN FOR ME THAT DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH KIDS I JUST HAVE TO HOLD MY TO STEP BABYS A LITTLE CLOSER. I WILL COME ON HERE BUT NO MORE TTC FOR US IT JUST BEEN TO MUCH ON THE BOTH OF US NO MORE CLOIMD OR OKP OR PREESSED, IM GOING TO TALK TO HIM AND TELL HIM I DONT WANT TO GO BACK ON BIRTH CONTAL YET AND SEE IF IT HAPPEN BEFORE JUNE OF NOT THEN I GO BACK ON THE PILL FOR NOW AND MAYBE THIS WINER WE CAN TRY AGAIN IF NOT I GUSS I CANT HAVE KIDS
You should not give up on Clomid I am on my 3 round not everyone is the same but you should stick it out and try another round of clomid dont give up so fast. If I had giving up in 11 years I would have not been happy with my self. You can still make this happen you should talk with your doc to see if he can put you on medformin and clomid that I hear helps many get pergo. I know how hard it is for you I been TTC for 11 years with no luck but you know what I have not giving up yet, yeah I took breaks and relax but I wanted to have a baby so bad that I said ok I wont on till I get married and now I am married and still no baby. But I keep trying you should do the same stay clam and relax it will happen to you.
I wish you all the best and hope you get your dreams... SSBD

Hey girls I have started a New form on Cloimd.. It helps that we can get info from others just like us.

Its called What Round Are You on Clomid and your side effects??
Awesome you started another one... cant believe were on 200+ posts now.

Sherry- I will start clomid tomorrow 100mg, so we're close!!
Awesome!! this is my first round and really excited!!  I just finished the provera on SAturday so im shocked AF came so quick!! im gonna tell the hubby when I get home to get ready to rumble in the next couple of weeks  LOL.
Wish you luck and hope this is your last round and the side effects are minimal. I am too hoping this is my last!! LOL
af did not start yestday or last night still waiting for her to come and tell me i have to start all over but she has not no signs of here  i hope she dont come and when i tested it was to eairly
I wish you much luck and hope that you're right... Go get a BFP you deserve one!!
still no sign of af ihope i get a bfp tomm
i call the dr i want a blood test done to see if im prego if not i want some kind of drug to make af come waiting to hear back now wait they are call me now lol well she want to do a blood test and they will give me something to start af if im not prego i hope i  prego pl god i let u no when i no
I was placed on Provera last month to cause a period.  Well when one didn't start this month (two days ago) they place me back on Provera today.  After Provera causes my period I have to take Clomid on days 5-9 of my cycle and then go back in for another progesterone test on day 21.  I am hoping it is better this time than it was last time because my levels were .47.  Good luck to everyone!
well i went and had blood work done im not prego  and they dont want to start my period for me they want me to be 2 weeks late to give me something to start her, i hope she start tonight or tomm....
i hate waiting on her to come i just dont want her to start when im sleeping or out somewhere...
we are going to take a few months off from ttc but we will not be using birth contal  maybe it will happen when we are not ttc the dr told me maybe  i need a break my bloodpresser was very high and still putting on weight she thinks maybe if i take off 20 lbs and feel better and she told me im drepessed again i could have told u that lol and she thinks im to stressed lol so for the next 3 months im going to lose 20 lbs and work on making me less stress and down about everything. on april 8 i go back to the dr and if i dont start af by next fri i will be put on something to start her
Viewing 201-210 comments: