New to IVF
Are you new to IVF and starting your IVF/FET for 2012?  Please join this forum so we can exchange stories.
Congratulations!
Hiya.. Im also from the UK, am aged 39 and have just finished one unsuccessful first go at IVF.  I had the AMH test and had very low results but proceeded in the hope that we would get one good egg.  Went through the nasal spray and injection stage.  Got to the scan to see how my follicles had developed and I only had one left - the other 5 had disappeared prior to me starting the injections.  Really disappointing.  Went for the harvesting to see and hope that there was an egg available - we were told there was one but the next day received a call to say that it had not been fertilised.  So very disapponted.  We are now waiting for an appointment to mee the consultant again to discuss next steps.  How are things for you ???
Susanwantsababy - sorry about the bfn. Good luck to you with whatever step you decide to take next.

Mileo - Welcome and keep us posted.

Moody23227 - Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success story. It is always very encouraging.

Mrschris0214 - How is your IVF cycle going?

I do my first lupron shot tonight and then take my last bcp on Wednesday. I am nervous but I am more nervous about whether I will get enough eggs than I am about the shots.
Hello ladies.Thanks for welcoming me.I had  HSG done tday and things look good!am so happy...bt confused too,my 1st IVF appt is in 2wks and am not sure i sh'd still try(BD) this cycle...i hate the 2ww n then get a BFN..!really dont want the stress b4 IVF..any advice ladies?

The ladies that got BFN,sorry abt ur experiences.hope the next decisions bring u happiness
Hello Ladies,

Well we had an appointment to meet with an RE to discuss our options & it did not go as planned.   Hubby's total count was 10.6M I am not sure what his total motile count was, but they said after a wash the motile count would be like 1.5M and they want at least 5M for IUI..so our only option is IVF with ICSI, I was really surprised because I thought his number would go up..not down..and I thought we would be able to do IUI for sure..but of course not.. I am beyond disappointed, and I haven't really let it sink in yet.

Hubby took it well, as always,  he has been really sweet, and said we will figure out away to get it done, I am so surprised, I really didn't think it would be an option, but we asked my parents if they can chip in & they siad they can help us out some.

From the success rate sheet the clinic gave me we have a decent chance with a fresh cycle.  
I have 24 Follicles in the R ovary, &  20 in the L. I need to do the HSG thing, and the U/S Said that I had small calcifications adjacent to EE@ fundus...does anyone know what EE means?  Is it really bad to have calcifications?

I still have not gotten my period, yet and I have to wait for it to come or induce it and then wait for my 1st natural cycle before I can do the required CD3 BW, if my cycles do not "fix" on their own then I will have to go on BCP for 3 months then  do the IVF, so it will be quite a few months before I even get a shot at it.  The wait list for "ready" couples is 2-4 months right now, so I really wanna get my cycles together, so I can get it as soon as it's our turn.
So if I get my period by talking provera and then my 1st natural cycle comes on time, then i may only be 2 or 3 months but if my cycle stays messed then its BCP for 3, so this brings us to about 5 months from now.. ugh..I just hope it all works out and all this will be worth it

We called the clinic today get on the list...so it begins!

Has anyone gotten a BFP & a healthy baby from IVF with ICSI??  How many cycles did it take??
HOw did the medications affect you? Will I be able to work through all of this, I don't wanna take anytime off work if I don't have to.  I know I will be in Calgary for the 2weeks before the transfer.  BUt I just hope the meds are not too bad.
If anyone has any advice or good news to offer I would really appreciate it..I am still in shock.

Thanks!
I am currently on cycle day 7, I have been taking .25 of estrogen shots every 3rd day, estrogen pills vaginally nightly, 10 units of Lupron, pentoxifylline twice a day, vitamin E twice a day, and baby aspirin.  I had labs and US today and was told that my lining is a 8.5 which is great since my last two BFN's were due to lining issues.  How are things with you?
That is great news about your lining. I am on cycle day 1 today so I am about 9 or 10 days behind you. I started lupron on Monday. I am scheduled for an u/s on Tuesday and then I should be starting the stim shots on Feb. 12th. There are 2 different stim shots (not sure of the names) and I need to do each shot in the morning and again in the evening while continuing the Lupron shots. Its a lot of shots but it will definitely be worth it if it gets me by sticky little bean. Good luck.
I don't have the answers to all your questions because I am just starting my first IVF. It does sound like your odds of success are good. ICSI increases your odds of the eggs fertilizing. My insurance will only cover it if my husbands counts are low at the time of IVF or if during the first IVF the eggs fail to fertilize they will cover it for the next IVF. From other woman on this site and from friends who have had IVF I know it is possible to work through all of this. You may need to take time off for some ultrasound appointments during stimulation and of course take time off for the egg retrieval and the transfer. I've heard it is good to take the day of and the day after the transfer off to rest. As for the effects of the medications, I haven't heard too much bad stuff from anyone else doing IVF. I've had some headaches, soreness and a little trouble sleeping. I still think the clomid during IUI was much worse. Good luck. I hope you get your AF soon so you can start the process.
Thanks so much for the reply, I truly appreciate it, I am so nervous scared & excited to get started!  

I see you are starting your process this month, I wish you all the very best!!  Her's to your BFP!!  SSBD!
I am not really new to ivf since I had did my first cycle in march last year. Unfortunately it was a BFN. Then we decided to take a break for sometime because I wanted to prepare myself physically and emotionally before I gave it another try. Now I will be hopefully be able to go head with my second attempt at IVF next month. I am excited and hope to share this journey with all you special ladies. SSBD to all!!!
Egg retrieval complete. easy process. easier then I thought which is good. I do have cramping tho.  
they retrieved 11 eggs. I was thinking I would have more with such high folli and over 18mm .
We go for transfer Fri am. I am so excited..
How are you ladies doing today. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentines Day. .
Hello ladies,
i finally had my appt with the IVF specialist 2 days ago and it all went well,nice guy too.I hve to go back on cd2 which is in less that 5days for a scan n to pick up my meds.am so excited,cant wait for AF to show up(i never thought i'll ever say that)..i hve no idea what to expect ofcoz,ii'll just dive in with a positive attitude..ladies who've bn thru this,pliz help..how bad r the meds?thx
Okay so I officially start the dreaded 2WW. We had our transfer this am. I accidentially took my steriod meant to take at night and didnt take the valium prior to transfer to relax my cervix. I had alot of pressure and cramping during the procedure. We put 2 in both 8-cell with little to no fragmenting and nice circles I guess. of the 11 eggs we had 9 fertilize and as of today we had 6 that were 8-cell 1 that was a 7-cell and 2 that were 10-cell. I asked if we should have the 10 cells but Dr said no that multipling that fast could be a sign of possible issues he said they picked the best 2 and that they will call us Mon to see if we have any available for freezing he said maybe 1 or 2. SO now I am on the couch afraid to sneeze laugh cough ect. My husband was great during the procedure and said he doesnt want to be to excited for fear it doesnt work but then looked at me during the 30 laystill and Were pregnant- God I hope so. XXXX .
I have my fingers crossed for you!!  SSBD
OH my God i've never wished to see AF so badly..i cant start my meds until she shows up bt my days seem so slow...not as bad as 2ww for sure but close.good luck to u all.
Wish you all the best for your 2ww . Keep yourself occupied and pamper yourself. I know it is easier said than done. When I was in my 2ww  last year after my first IVF, I treated myself to facial, mani pedis and watching chick flicks on the couch. Watching chick flicks with me was torture for DH though ;) Also I read somewhere that eating cheese during the 2ww may be not be a great idea. Some kind of bacertia thing that interferes with implantation. Sending super stick baby dust your way!!!
I like your advice for the 2ww. You had some good ideas that are relaxing and will help the time pass by. I don't dread the 2ww at all. I find the time leading up to it to be more annoying because I know I am not pregnant during that time. At least during the 2ww I can hope. After my m/c in June I know the hardest wait time for me will be in between my next BFP and my first ultrasound and seeing a healthy heart beat.

Also thanks for the advice regarding the cheese. My acupuncturist has informed me not to eat cheese while ttc because it has a lot of hormones in it that can affect egg quality. I have been off cheese so long that I was planning on doing a mass cheese binge after the transfer was complete. Now I think I will just treat myself to a pizza right after the egg retrieval and then take another long cheese break.

Good luck everyone who is on your 2ww. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!
Thanks for the advice. I agree the more time I can occupy the better but i commited the ultimate sin of testing already. I tried to convince myself that I was going to test the HCG out of my system since I triggered 5 1/2 days ago but honestly i was looking to see my first ever positive prego stick even if it were fake but my dreams were crushed sooo early with a BFN already now I am trying my best to stay positive that its good that its not needed to be + first before hand . I just did my mani pedi and hair color thur trying to get thru the 3 days of incubating LOL. I agree my husband hates chick flicks about as much as I hate sports games and stock info on TV hahah. I tried to be BEDREST only yesterday only up to go to the bathroom. today I sat in the bottom of the tub draining and took a shower sitting down and then went up and down the stairs a few times slowly and carefully. tomorrow I may venture outside for a bit. and I am back to work Mon but my job is simple and I set my own sched But I figured I have to Work just to help time go by.
Sorry I haven't reported back in so long, just been busy and sleeping a lot too :)  This whole IVF thing takes it's toll!!  Plus I felt like all my updates were getting old!  We ended up giving in and testing on day 12 post transfer and got a BFP!  So exciting and doesn't seem real just yet.  We go in for our first scan on Feb. 29.  I think it'll sink in then.  3 years and 9 months of TTC!
Just a little summary: IVF fresh cycle, two 3-day embryos.  One 8 cell and one 9 cell both high quality.  This is our first IVF cycle as well.  
Good luck to all!!
Yayyy Fantastic for you guys . 1st timers club wooohooo.
Hi Everyone!
This is my first IVF cycle.  I am on day 5 of my injectables.  I went to my RE this morning for u/s and he saw growth in 3 of the 15 follicles identified during the baseline u/s.  Such a low number, but I'm optimistic.  He decided to increase my dosage to get more stimulation. I have a follow up u/s on Wednesday.  I hope to see more growth.
Hi, what kind of cycle are u on ect? day 5 may be weeks away from egg transfer so that growth # would actually be really good. Good Luck and you found a great group of gals for support and to help with the what the hell does that mean questions.lol
I'm on a 10 day cycle. I have my 2nd u/s tomorrow morning and 3rd u/s on Friday.  If all goes according to schedule, the ER would be Monday and ET will be 3 to 5 days after that.
Good Luck with Your U/S today
Hi All,
I had my u/s yesterday and my RE saw growth in only 3 of the follicles. I must say that I was quite disappointed. This was a conversation I had not anticipated. He recommended that we halt our meds and retry after one month with a different protocol, rather than proceed with the ER. I am very disappointed . Needless to say, yesterday was a very emotional day  . My RE doesn't believe that the odds for success are in our favor with the current crop of follicles. So, my DH and I have agreed that we will take the RE's advice and wait on our next protocol. He wants us to wait one month, to allow my body to rest. This is truly a test of my faith, but I will not allow this minor set back to discourage me.
I am devestated for you. But better now then after ER to find out nothing matured. the tigger really causes bloating and alot of discomfort. Enjoy your month off and then mid march April will be here in no time. We are always here for u
I just came back from the second appointment with my accupuncturist.Once we got there she checked my pulse in the beginning of the session. Then she asked me if I tracked my ovulation for this cycle( which I didn't). She told me that she won't be putting any needles in my stomach because I may be pregnant. At that DH & I looked in each other in shock and confusion because we both know that we really didn't try this month as DH wasn't feeling well. We bd once last week( which may have been around the beginning of my ovulation cycle about CD 11). Just don't know what to make of it. I mean what are the chances for me to getting a bfp??We are planning to travel in a few days. Don't what to do now!!
I am starting to get excited. as u know I have been testing since 0dp3dt and always BFN But today I had implantation bleeding and this am I had a slight BFP and then took another this evening and now have a darker BFP... trying not to get excited but it doesnt work. :)
OMG yay!!  I really hope this is it for you!!  I am so excited for you!!!!!!  Congrats girl!!!
Did the acupuncturist tell you why she thinks this?? That is so cool!! I hope she is right!!
Well its official PREGNANT the Dr called 14dp3dt My Beta is 1524...... they wont test progesterone till mon 3/5 and they also have me sched for an US mon too. I am being crazy and worrying about my beta being too high, if my horemons are that high why dont I have any symptoms?   Thats alot to have to double by mon. deep breaths. Husband is over the moon and now thinking twin with a # that high. Me I am just worried I wish I could relax Thank God for being this far and being able to have BW and US monday.

My doctor recommended that we stop our first cycle since we didn't yield enough mature eggs for retrieval. I stopped taking my meds and one week later I had some spotting.  The spotting lasted about 1 day.  I guess my body is regulating back to my normal cycle.  I'm not due for my period for at least another week. I called my doctor and he couldn't explain the spotting. He told me to monitor it and give me him an update next week.  I'm anxiously awaiting my next cycle. We can't wait to start again in April.  I hope we have success with the 2nd cycle.  

I'm wondering if anyone else had a similar experience after having stopped their cycle due to not having enough mature eggs?  How long did it take to get back to normal?  Was there spotting?
i started IVF treatment last month....had ER done on sunday March 18, 2012 at 7:45am. i am a little worried cause i had 7 eggs from 11 follic but only 2 are fertilized. now i am scared that it might not work. i have ET on wednesday.
Hi ladies i would love to join this group. I start ivf in june.

I am confused about the bcp. the nurse told me to start taking them now. why this early? What is the normal cycle like?  How many day of bcp, lupron, shots/stims, etc.

any help would be wonderful!!!

I am just starting an IVF cycle. I get the impression that everyone has different protocol. I am to take suprefact and puregone. My clinic said they dont do bcp at all. I down regulate for two weeks and then start the puregone. have you asked the nurse the questions you posed on here? Let us know what they have to say. best of luck!
yes i ask the nurse and she said i have to set up an appointment and they will go over it with me.

I didnt start bcp this month because i couldnt get it in time. plus i just thought it was crazy to give up even 1 month of trying.  I know it is only about a 1 in a billion shot but i will take the chance.
I believe they want you on BCP to get your cycle regulated & in a certain state, so to speak, my clinic told me if my cycle did not regulate after the prometruim I would have to go on BCP for 3 months!

I felt the same way about "missing" months of trying if I had to go on the BCP, but I am putting my trust in the doc, the clinic I am going to has a high rate of success.

I would try to call your clinic & ask why they want you on BCP & for how long just so that if you need to be on them for a certain length of time your not dragging it out.

Good luck!!
I am on Stim day 5 :) I hope everyone gets a BFP :)
First IVF for me as well!
I start my meds for my very 1st IVF cycle on May 2nd!
Gl JennyB! I cant wait to hear how well it goes!!

Babytime1: I hope the first one is the lucky one for u also.  U ladies will start your meds before me so do tell me how it goes.

I will see my new re on may 8th.  from there we will start the cycle so i guess it all depend upon my cycles.
May 2nd is comming fast!!!!! Enjoy your last but of caffeine before then :)
:) I hope you get to start right away!
No one told me I needed to avoid caffeine while on the suprefact?/ Why..cause I have been having coffee...oops
What is suprefact?
Suprefact or buserelin acetate is a medication that has been designed to mimic the actions of natural gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH or LHRH), a hormone released from the hypothalamus gland in the brain.

The hypothalamus uses GnRH to send messages to the pituitary gland in the brain, which then sends messages to the ovaries in females, and the testicles in males, telling them to produce the sex hormones estrogen (females) and testosterone (males).

Normally, GnRH comes from the hypothalamus in pulses. If GnRH came from the hypothalamus all of the time (rather than in "pulses"), it would have the opposite effect and "turn off" hormone production. This is how buserelin works.

So basically it is an ovary suppressor.
ok that makes since!! thank you for sharing.
Went for beta yesterday 10dp5dt BFP!!! Beta 88.7, next one on Friday :)  Heads up do not use or waste your money on thoes internet hpt 10 miu... I took two on day 9 both BFN, then got a early responce test, BFP.  I was so upset with thoes 10 miu test I would not trust them!
Congrats on the BFP!!! your beta is a good number to start with . I hope your next one is great also.
Got beta today 12dp5dt   Beta 352 :)