Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
New to this.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

New to this.....

I really don't have a question....yet! I have always said "if it's meant to be, it will be" but being 38 and after having my 5th miscarriage last month, I finally asked for some help. The bad thing is that the Specialist that I was referred to, is about an hour away. I have my first visit with a Genetic Specialist along with my Fertility Specialist on Oct 3......I'm kind of nervous to hear what they think, tests and a game plan. I'm sure once I see them, I'll have tons of questions!!
Hi there.  Just wanted to wish you the best :).  I to always said "it'll happen when it's time" and I'm 33 this year but I've been married for 13 years and trying (tracking ovulation, temping with BBT) for 8 yrs now.  I was referred to a specialist to do my surgery(for endometriosis and a hysteroscopy for a polyp in the the middle of my cervix) and after the surgery they did a work up and I'm ovulating fine :(.  My RE is 2 hrs away and it's hard, it takes ALL day to get there, be seen, do what theyr'e going to do and get home.  I know I shouldn't complain, but man I wished this was as easy as I once assumed it would be.  With my first visit they did blood work, pap smear (if it hasn't been done for the year), going over everything and coming up with a game plan.  I also had to have an HSG done, to see if my tubes were open and such but since you've gotten pregnant (and I'm SO sorry about the miscarriages by the way) I'm really not sure what their next step will be.  I've never became pregnant so I honestly don't know.  BUT i do know that you're headed in the right direction by getting help :).  IF I had known wayyy back then that it was going to be this hard now I would've saved myself from taking birth control :|  and trying early.  I just didn't know though.  Anyways, sorry for blabbering so much lol.  I wish you the absolute best and if you ever need to talk or anything I'd be more than willing to listen.  It's nice having a friend who can relate. :)  Please keep me posted about the dr. visit :).  Take care!
Thank you for responding and your words of encouragement :) I'm so sorry that you are having difficulty conceiving.....makes me sad to hear :(  You have been through a lot! I'm not too sure what will take place. I have to call their office next week and give them a brief medical history. The bad thing is my husband goes in next Wed for shoulder surgery (maybe not the best timing but I'm not getting any younger lol) It would be nice to have a friend that understands, none of mine are going through fertility issues. Don't worry about blabbering, I tend to ramble lol :)  I will keep you posted on my appt! Thank you again and I wish you success as well!!