Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
New with Femara and TTC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

New with Femara and TTC

hello everyone, Im looking for ladies to talk to :) I am also trying to concieve (conceive) and recently found out that my hubbies sperm came back 90 % abnormal and only 2% works :( and I have irregular periods which makes it worse, our doctor prescribed me Femara 2.5 mg and today i took all 5 pills at once, Im on cd3 cycle day 3? and im just wondering if anyone has any info or any stories to share? I dont talk to many friends about this because alot of them have no idea about not being able to conceive lol so whatever your dealing with i would love to hear and help out if i can with as much research ive done lol thanks
I've taken Femara for about five months.  I took Femara on CD3-CD7 with a HCG trigger shot on CD12 for three months in a row. Last month I did Femara CD3-CD7, a HCG trigger shot on CD12 and IUI on CD14. Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful. I go in for my 2nd IUI this weekend. Femara has helped thicken my lining, but I noticed that I am a little more emotional than usual. It probably doesn't help that I'm all stressed out about what's going on. My infertility is unexplainable as I have regular periods every 28-29 days, I ovulate on my own, I have mature follicles, my tubes are clear and my husband's sperm is normal. Not sure what's going on...but I guess that's why they call it unexplainable. LOL
hello! so sorry to hear that your having to go through this! its not an easy thing to do!   well my story sounds similar to yours though! my dh's sperm is also only 2% normal... we were told IVF with ICSI was the way to go (from his dr and others) but my RE wanted to try IUI's .. so i did just femara 2.5mg first month with IUI (but i have many issues.. one working ovary - the other was destroyed from severe endo, pcos, LUFS - where my follicles dont' even rupture!GRR)  and we have our male factor (2%morphology). so we had a slim chance, but the RE said it was possible! well no follies ruptured the first cycle, and only one of two the second, so they moved me up to injectables (follistim) and i had three follies and 2 ruptured.. IUI and we got preg!!! coulnd't believe it! were scheduled for IVF that next month!   well unfortuantely miscarried : (  and now we are back to it,, 2nd cycle after miscarriage - last cycle was a bust - none of the follicles ruptured.. this cycle had 5 follies (i'm on follistim +femara) and 3 ruptured... and we are again submitting and getting ready for IVF, in our last tww before officially moving on to that!    
    SO it was almost a success story, but when we got preg there was a genetic abnormality.. so the good news is that it deifntley happens and sometimes without any help with a morph of 2% along with female issues too!
  GOOD LUCK! as far as side effects i really don't have any from the femara! keep us updated!
thanks so much and im sorry to hear about your M/C that must have been horrible but at least you know you can still get pregnant with whats going on and thats a great thing to know! well i will pray that you have a successful IVF and please let me know what happens and ill do the same, I am willing to do whatever it takes and me and my husband are greatly stable and ready for this so really hopeful! may god bless you and your hubby with a little angel soon!
I'm sorry to hear that you got bad news about DH's little guys, but like bny said, miracles happen everyday and certainly don't give up hope.  I took Femara for 4 cycles and I liked it much better than Clomid.  I've read a lot of good things about it, so hopefully it will help you.  I did get headaches and was a little emotional, but nothing too extreme.  We have been TTC for over 2 years now and are in the "unexplained" category, so we've taken a break from the meds to see if we can just conceive naturally.  If not, I would definitely try the Femara again.  I always O'd on it and it helped lengthen my cycles.  What is your doctor's plan for you?  Will they be monitoring you with ultrasound to see your follies?  Maybe IUI would be something good too in your situation.  I hope you find the support you need here and you get your BFP very soon!  All the best to you!!
Thank you so very much for your kind words! it means so much to me! I'm praying that yall be blssed with a little one very soon as well! : ) keep us updated!