Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
No Period after a D&C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

No Period after a D&C

Hi, I'm extremely worried as I had a Miscarriage in Dec 06 and it was a blighted Ovum so I was not aware of the missed miscarriage till we went for our 12 week scan, my baby had died at 7 1/2 weeks and we had a D&C the next day on 19th December.

I have had no period yet and its now 16th March 13 long long weeks.? My Ob has checked for Ashermans Syndrome and my walls are fine but I really am so worried that I have not got my period yet after such long time. We want to start trying again and I'm worried that this has caused damage and can't "relax" I just can't. Can you please assist?
How are your HCG levels?  I didnt get a period for about 8 weeks bt my HCG took forever to go down due to ????I think tissue left behind.  How long did the bleeding after DNC go on?  mine went on for 6 weeks so I went for a 2nd opinion.  He too said it was my actual period when I went in but come to find out he used to work with DR who did DNC so I still dont know what the issue was.  It does take alot longer than we would like.  Good luck :o)
I know your frustration.......has the doctor checked your hCG levels?  Mine have been slow coming down which I hope is the reason for no AF ten weeks after my D&C.  I am going to call the doctor if I don't see it in a couple of weeks to see if they can help it along.  Hang in there!
Definitely ask to get your HCG checked, my AF came 4 weeks after my D&C.  You might have tissue left in there too.
Hi there,

Thanks girls for the response.

I only bled for a few days after the D&C and not sure of my HCG levels yet. So I'm all over the shop. Just want to start TTC again this is ****! Hope your both ok .....!
Hi there, I had a m/c and D&C on 27th September andd my first AF came on 1st Jan. (14 weeks later) I live in the UK and my doctor didn't seem at all worried. I was to go back later that week for the doctor hospital appointment for tests/scans but luckily I didn't need to in the end.

I know exactly how you are feeling, it's just a horrible limbo when you are dying for things to get back to normal.

Hugs, Ruth xx

The same thing happened to me. It was taking so long for AF to come.. went for second opionion and come to find out there was some tissue left behind. Had to go for a 2nd D&C. You need to find out your HCG levels to see where you are with that. You also could do a home preg test too. I did that and it was positive which meant that my hcg levels were above 25... they say if your levels are above 25 you will test positive. If they are not then it will state negative... Hope this helps.. think positive though! Believe me.. it has been a long 5 months for me.
I'm in the same boat, d & c done 1/12 no period yet. took provera for 10 days to bring on AF and week later still nothing! I called my Dr. and they told me can take up to 2 weeks after finishing provera before onset of AF. ok , so call on this next Tues if not started. But, I was digging around on the net last night and found a couple of sites that claim it may take up to 3 months to start up again after  d&c . HOLY S**T  ! The whole reason I went with d&c was to not drag things out and be able to ttc right away, 3 months?????? anyone????? say it ain't so!!! lol
Sounds similar to my situation. Here Iam 7 weeks after D&C, still no AF. Tested my HCG last week Tuesday was 100, Thursday was 75; going down sloooooowly. I still have tissue remaining they tell me. I'll either need another D&C or meds to expell. How did everything work out for you.
Thanks,
EJ
hey, i had a d&c 8 weeks ago! still no period, preg symptoms but neg test! i desperly want another baby! whas's happin! x
i had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks on may 08...finding out at my first ultrasound,i was advised to let nature take its course, after 3 months with no tissue no AF coming out the doc sent me to get a d&c, 7 days after the d&c still no AF i began to have pains alot like labour pains, when i couldnt bare it any longer i went to the hosp.where i delivered a fist size placenter, (the d&c missed this).
i had to have another d&c the next day, only to find out i had miscarried twins, this was in Aug 08...................it is now Aug 09 AND I STILL HAVENT HAD A PERIOD!! my doctor says to be paitent and not to worry about it??? am i normal, i also have symptoms of periods and pregnancy, and show negative on a pregnancy test, all tests show my body is fit and well, what can i do,,,,we want a baby and im going out of my mind !  im a paitent person but this is getting rediculous.....anyone been waiting this long??
I had a D&C on the 19th May after a missed miscariage at 10 weeks, fetus had stopped growing at 6 weeks. I haven't had a period yet, so just over 5 months.  I went to hospital this week, they are testing me for the menopause, I am 32.  I have 2 older children but would like to try again.  Just don't understand why my period isn't starting.