Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
No dominant follicles
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No dominant follicles

Hi, i'm ttc and on clomid. I had my day 10 scan on tues and no dominant follicles. Does this mean that I can't fall preg this month? Pls help
Blank
Yes there's still a possiblity, I was kind of in the same boat and this was my RE's approach:
on cd5-9 I took 100mg clomid. I went in on cd13 for ultrasound and my follicles were not mature at all and lining was really thin. RE prescribed clomid 200mg cd13-18 (yes in the middle of cycle) and then had another ultrasound on cd20, I had 2 growing follicles at 10mm and 12mm.. Today is cd22 for me, I went in for an ultrasound again today and had a mature follicle at 18mm and one at 14mm. RE said that it's looking good and I should ovulate by this weekend. I'm still waiting on blood work results though to confirm that my estrogen levels are rising. Hopefully I'll O without having to have a hcg injection :)

Good luck to you!! SSBD!