Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
No fetal heartbeat at 11.5 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

No fetal heartbeat at 11.5 weeks

I had spotting on etime this past Sunday when I wiped, it was light pink.  I went to my obgyn Monday and he claimed there was no fhb and then he got 2 diff measurements of 7 weeks and 2 days and then 10 weeks and 0 days.  I went to the er on Wednesday and they thought they saw movement, but no fhb.  Could I have gotten my dates wrong?  My last period was April 8-11.  I had im[plation sptting around the week of May 16.  I had a positive pregnancy test on May 9.  Am I calculating my due date wrong?  From January to April my period flucuated from 28 days, 22 days, 27 days, to 30 days, does this mean I have irregular periods?  The doc highly suggested an abortion or the abortion pill, but for some reason I just don't believe I have had a dead baby in me for about 5-6 weeks.  I don't have any cramping or spotting.  What advice can anyone tell me?  Confused.
It is possible for the baby to have passed 5-6 weeks ago and have no signs of misscarriage. Mine had passed 4 weeks before I had a D&C and no signs at all until I had the ultrasound and it hadn't developed past 7 weeks and I thought I was at 10 weeks. I had the D&C a week later. You could have calculated wrong but if you dates are correct, I don't think so. I would have another ultrasound to be sure. Don't do anything until you are ready. You just never know. I hope things work out for you. I"m sorry you have to go thu this. Let mek now if you have anymore questions.
According to your last period on april 8th you probably ovulated around the 19th of april. So that would mean you would be about 10 weeks now. The dates add up to me. Im pretty sure im right unless i missed something. You can t count from your possitive pregnancy test. you have to count from the time that you may have ovulated.
Are you having a cycle or positive test? and where you using clomid or anything to help you get pregnate?
I'm sorry you had to go through this. I would go for a second opinion and if that opinion is coincides with the first then you do what the obstetrician tells you, but at least you won't feel guilty for being too hasty..
Sorry so late getting back, but I have limited access to the internet.  I actually had a miscarriage on Monday, July 5, 2010 at exactly 7:37 pm, which was five minutes after I arrived at the ER at University of Penn Hospital.  I caught the baby still inits gestational sac in my hands.  It was so tiny.  Now I am just bleeding, but not heavy. And still feel pressure in my uterus as if I had an actual live birth.  Thank you all for your support and encouraging advice.  It just wasn't meant to be.  I am however still a little depressed about the miscarriage though.  Have to constantly stay busy doing something.
I am so so sorry you had to go through that. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, but it was a "missed miscarriage" so I didn't have to see anything. I can't imagine what that was like for you.  I was very depressed after my miscarriage.  It's good you are staying busy. I can say that lying in bed and crying for days wasn't very helpful for me. It's good to cry if you need to, but don't take to bed. I hope you feel better soon
I am so sorry for your loss.It will take time to heal.I hope you have alot of support to get you through.
Thank you all so much for all the support.  So far you girls are the only support system I have.  I did stay in the bed for 2 days and cry, but I had to get up and keep myself busy because it was draining me physically and mentally.  I hope to try again, but for now no nookie because of the endless bleeding.  How long are you supposed to bleed after a miscarriage anyways?  I am so ready to have sex with my hubby.
i just had a miscarriage as well but i had a D&C and dr said no sex for a week. I had very little bleeding after the D&C but i read you need to wait until the bleeding stops to have sex because it can cause infection. I don't know how long you have bleeding after a natural miscarriage though. I would think a week or so... but maybe ask your dr what to expect. I'm really sorry for your loss. It's really hard to go through. I also cried for days.... i still can't believe this has happened...