Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
No period since February, spotting and other symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I really have no idea what's going on inside my body.

My last period was February 28th and March has passed, and most of April, without another period. I bought a Basal thermometer back at the middle of March but haven't been able to track temps this cycle because it says you should not start tracking until the last day of your next period. Still waiting to use it, but now having some unusual symptoms. I just recently began paying attention to CM, but haven't seen anything that indicated ovulation. A week or so ago, I had some spotting when I wiped (not on clothes). I figured it was AF getting ready to visit and was depressed. When we had sex that night, my husband commented off-handedly that this was the stretchiest and wettest he'd ever seen me. He had no idea what he'd just said, but I was shocked. I asked him to describe it to me, and he said the fluid was clear and stretched between his fingers without breaking. Totally ovulation mucus, right?

So, in the weeks since then, I've seen this mucus nearly daily. Some times it has little flecks of blood in it, and other times it is light light pink or brown. It doesn't leave any traces on my clothes, and there is not much if any during sex. I don't know if this signals fertility or not. My period still seems like it's not coming.

Then there are some of the other symptoms. For a few weeks now I have had increased frequency of urination, backaches, vague nausea, and my breasts feel huge ( I mean, they ARE huge, but they feel especially heavy right now). The breast swelling has not caused any pain, really, but it has lasted for weeks now. With the nausea I was wondering about morning sickness, but I figured it was too soon and wasn't distinct enough to be MS. It was just this sensation of general ickiness- as my Mom calls it, the blahs. Then, a few days ago, I was just sitting in the car when a wave of true nausea swept over me. I thought I was going to puke, but nothing happened. It has since been the same every day, or has been some other type of stomach upset. I do not have a fever, so I don't think it's viral.

Any ideas as to what's happening? I know the only real answer is to test, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Also, my mother is the head of a local Women's hospital and she recommended not testing until my insurance was set up for maternity. Yesterday I started taking prenatal vitamins, just in case. Any other recommendations? Thanks.
I should add that I am also experiencing increased fatigue. For example, I slept in this morning and got about 9 hours of sleep. I've been awake for three or four hours now, and I am already struggling to stay awake. This has been the routine for a couple of weeks now.