Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
No test line on OPK

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

No test line on OPK

Girls just a quick question...I've been taking OPK's 6:30 every morning since Sat. the 15th.  Today is day 12 and still no line at all....I get a control line but no other line.  My cycles are usually longer like 35-38 days.  This is my first cycle since m/c.  I had af on Sept. 10th.  I'm need some help.  Vsentz had said that you get a line and it gets progressively darker.  When do you usually get the line?  Do you get a line one day and the next day it is darker than the control line or does the line show up one day and BOOM it is darker than the control line.  Can you guys share you experiences with me....I'm just getting nervous....thanks....
By the way I just started with BBT this morning and it was 96.41...it doesn't even fit on the chart I have...so I'm thinking it's low???
I'm not sure that I ovulated right after my miscarriage.  I was using OPKs and never had a surge, I still bd often and didn't get pregnant until the following cycle.  

The line...I have been using OPKs this cycle and started having lots of cm cd 9 but no surge.  I'm on cd 11 and just had a surge (I think), the line was thin and dark so I'll test again tomorrow to see if the entire line will get as dark.  Last cycle I didn't have a surge until cd 15 of a 28 day cycle.  I think some OPKs will get progressively darker until the surge.  But if I had my surge today that wouldn't be true for me as the test from yesterday had an almost non exsistant line.  

Good luck!!!
Thank you soooo much....yeah I have such a long story.  I was 7 weeks preg. and had a D and C on June 19th.  I didn't get af until Sept. 10th.  This is the first cycle I can try again with.  I'm hoping I o.  What brand of OPK's are you using?  I was using CBE digital but they are so expensive $40 for 7 strips that I switched to the answer brand.  I'm so nervous I am going to miss it.  I just started with BBT today...I figured it can't hurt.  My temp seems really low though.  My RE said I will probably o on days 17-19.  I started checking early to make sure I don't miss anything.  I'm so glad find somebody who is right around the CD I am...you'll have to keep me posted!
If you usually O late in your cycle, it may still be the same after MC.  I have taken OPK's before and had no line at all.  It's okay to not have a line at all...it just means you're not close to ovulating.
I was using the Target brand last month and could really tell when I was getting closer to oing...plus I had a few ultrasounds to see the follicle size.  This cycle I bought a box of 10 Clearblue from Costco for $20.  The digital would be SO nice...take all the guess work out.  
I just poas again and I'm pretty sure it's positive now since the lines look the same in width and color...so off to bd again.  I hope we aren't bding to frequently!
My RE said to bd every other day.  He said that will let my dh's sperm build up or become stronger something like that...haha.  Finally today I got a line.  It's not darker than the test line but it was definately a line.  You sound like me with the bding.  We started bding on Wednesday and we did last night too.  We are going to wait for Sun to bd again.  I told him I'm not going to tell him when I'm o ing bc I don't want to put pressure on him.  To be honest I think we should do this every month..he has a permanant smile pasted on his face...haha.  The digital OPK's are awesome.  I think I am going to buy one more box of them and use them as a second opinion...just for this coming week.  Something is telling me tomorrow is going to be my day.  I have such a weird story.  It took me forever to get af back after m/c.  In Aug. I had some spotting starting on the 10th-12th but very light come to find out I still had HCG in my system but very small amount. I'm thinking my af was trying to come that month but just couldn't because of the HCG.  If that is the case my cycle would be 32 days (which is less than the 35-38 days it used to be before preg.).  Even weirder if I get preg. this month with a 32 day cycle my due date would be June 19th which is the day I had my D and C this year....I really think it's meant to be.  I just found out I have the heterozygous MTHFR mutation so now I'm on extra vitamins...Good luck to you...keep me posted!
thank you for your post.  I actually got a line this morning.  It was lighter than the control line but definately a line...I just can't wait!
Since you got a line it should start to get darker each day.  You're probably getting close!
I hope so....my temps went up too.  I hope I o tomorrow.  We are bding every other day and tomorrow is our day.  I'm a little confused about what to do when I get the positive...bd or only wait depending on if it is our day.  We are doing every other day like the RE said...if I get a postive on a day I'm not supposed to bed what do I do?  Should I wait...everything I've read says you should bd with in 24-36 hours after getting a postive is this correct?  Where are you in your cycle?
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers