Normal thickness of endometrial lining
Three years ago I was out of town on vacation and was having pelvic pain. I had a transvaginal ultrasound at a lab & the results said: endometrial echo complex is thickened for a patient of this axial gradient echo. 14 mm. These findings may indicate hyperplasia. I also had a biopsy which was ok. When I got back in town I saw my gynecologist. I don't recall what tests she did but she seemed to think it was ok. This was 3 years ago. I was 55 at the time. Should i have my doctor re-visit this? It made me worry all over again when I ran across the report in my files. I also used to have large fibroids which don't bother me in menopause anymore. I started menopause at age 50.
Can endometrium thicknesses fluctuate?
Hmmm! That's a good question. I know the thickness of the lining fluctuates through the menstrual cycle. It builds up before ovulation, and then obviously sheds during menstruation. But I'm not sure how that works in menopause. 14 is fairly thick, though. Right before ovulation, my lining has usually been around 8-9 mm. (I had a 12 mm lining once when on injectable medication).

If the tests done three years ago were fine, and you haven't had any issues since, you're probably OK, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go and have another vaginal ultrasound done anyway...if for nothing else than just some peace if mind.

Take care!