Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Number of eggs after egg retrieval

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Number of eggs after egg retrieval

Just wondering if anyone knows what the average number of eggs are after egg retreival?  I am 33yrs old and had egg retrieval today.  this is my 3rd cycle, pos. preg.1st cycle, have a little girl.  2nd cycle in the spring resulted in blighted ovum.  My 1st cycle they got 12 eggs total, 9 mature.  2nd cycle they got 15 eggs, 8 mature, this time they got 8 total eggs.  I won't know until tomorrow how many are mature.  They said 8 is a good number because the average number is between 2-4. And that all could be mature. I thought that sounded a little low esp. since I produced so many in the past.  My hubby and I have male factor infertility.  I am not totally upset but a little bummed I did not produce more eggs.  They will perform ICSI and some do not always survive for fertilization. So I am nervous that I won't have any to transfer.
Can i ask why you had to do so many retrivals? Well i have only done the ivf cycle once and am waiting to do another!
They retrived 21 with me, 19 matured, then it went to 14 the finally we ended up with 9 embies, we have 7 left and are hoping the next tranfer works. Good luck to you and me!:)
Hi ladies! I am thinking about IVF and the part that most scares me are the self injections. How did you overcome that?
Well my dh and i aren't fans of needles and my mum was here visiting us, so she did them for me! Then she wasn't there for a few , so i had to do them myself! I just took a deep breath and did it!
If you go for ivf i wish you all the luck in the world! I hope my next transfer will be succesfull!
Tima - Been through IVF twice.  I cried in the doctors office during our orientation at the thought of giving my self shots. And they had me do a practice one with saline and that hurt more than any of the subsequent shots!!   I am - was - needlephob.  I did mine in the stomach and in the thighs.  Ice the area down first, it truly helps.  I wasn't always home so I have given myself shots in public bathrooms!!  It truly is easy and sooooo worth it.  I got a BFP a couple weeks ago!!  The worse has been the nausea which is ALL day...  Wondering when I will feel "normal" again b/c this part stinks!!

libbybean - don't worry - I know this is going to work!!  8 eggs is good and remember, you only need one to take.  But I understand.  With my 1st retrieval, I was excited when the got 17 eggs but we only ended up with 3 good embies.  Second time around they got 22 eggs and only ended up with 5 good embies.  So quantity isn't so important...  Good luck:):):)

anniesland - 9 embies??!!  You go girl!!!  That is amazing.  When is your next transfer??
I don't know when my next transfer is! I have an appointment with the dr on mon! Congrats on your BFP!!!!!!:)
thetallchic-thanks for your support and encouragement.  I needed it. Waiting to hear from the clinic this a.m. to see how many are mature and how many took.  Got my fingers crossed.  Congrats to you!  Try ginger pills from a health food store for your queezyness.  They are all natural, non harmful to that little baby, and work fantastic. Good luck!
Annie - Do you think they will do it with your normal cycle?  That is what we did and very easy.  Not as much bloodwork.  Let us know what happens on Monday!!!!:):)

Libby - Keep us posted... thanks for the suggestion regarding ginger.  Have been drinking ginger ale but that hasn't helped.  I have only been dry heaving but last night actually got sick.  Coming out of my nose and everything!!!  I never get sick and I am feeling like a whiny wimp!!!

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!  MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU!!
Hi i don't know if they will do it with my regular cycle! What does that involve? thanks i will let you know about mon!
Hope you feel better soon! Have you tried crackers?
thetallchic-I guess you can look at your sickness as kind of a good thing.  It means your progesterone level is high, which indicates a good strong pregnancy!
Thanks you are so helpful, i have to say it's so nice to have someone thats so willing to help out with your knowledge! I really appreciate it.
Good luck i hope you have twins too! I also hope your sickness eases up soon!
My first transfer didn't take and like you my dh and i badly want twins because this is proabaly our first and last time too! If this next transer doesn't take we have decided to take a year off to save and to get our lives back to some sort of normality!
I have read that the morning sickness is a good sign and are less likely to mc.  I had a mc in March and didn't get this far.  So everyday I feel sick is a good day!!

Anniesland - I called my Dr. on the first day of my period and went in for a blood test about 8 days later.  I had one more bloodtest and a vaginal u/s to see how the lining of my uterus looked and to see if I was about to ovulate or already had.  He did my transfer 19 days after the first day of my period.  I thought it was a little late but timing must have been right b/c it took...  Wish you all the best and let us know what happens:):)
Thanks so much  for the info! How many trys did you have before it took?
I did my 1st IVF round in Feb and we transfered 3 embies.  I got preg but miscarried in March.  I had no extra embies so we did a 2nd round of IVF in June.  But I hyperstimulated and my Dr. thought it was best to wait until I recovered for the transfer.  We froze 5 embies.  He transferred 3 and still have 2 frozen.  Had first u/s at 5w6d and saw a hb!  He thought there might be a second sac but wasn't sure.  Said next u/s would tell if they are twins.  He has released me which makes me sad b/c he has been great!!  I go to regular obgyn on Nov 11 and pretty sure (I hope) he will do another u/s.  Twins might explain my all day sickness!!  I would be so excited if they are.  This is my first and possibly my last...  

Did your 1st transfer take?  You said you have 7 left out of 9. You are lucky you have so many.  The transfer is the easiest part of the whole process.  Good luck.  I hope you get a BFP after your transfer!!!
You are welcome...  This is a great site and I found wonderful support and information esp during my 1st round.  All of my friends have really had no problems with conceiving.  Most have gotten pregnant w/i a couple months.  So although, sympathetic, they really don't understand what we go through physically and emotionally.  It is a crazy roller coaster.  And financially it is outrageous!  All it cost most of my friends were a few margaritas!!!   I really hope the next one is successful for you and DH.  B/c of my age, we couldn't wait any longer :(:(

Found some relief last night from naseau.  I forgot I had fresh ginger in fridge. Sliced and steeped in water with sugar. It worked for a few hours!!!
I'm glad you found some relife!
May i ask how old you are? I am 34, the dr said if i want to try again in a year or two my eggs will be the same!
I just turned 38.  We didn't start trying until I was 35.  You have lots of embies so you are in good shape.  The eggs will be the same 3 years from now.  I have an account that finally had a surragote carry her twin girls b/c she could not carry successfully.  The embies were 7 years old!!!!  Amazing...  I am sure you won't have to take a year off but try to enjoy.  This process gets so clinical.  There are times that I felt like a science project!!!  Let me know what happens Monday........
Thanks i will let you know what happens on monday! I'm already feeling like a bit of a sience project, i did iui before the ivf! I have endo and just hope and pray i can carry my own! THe surrogate idea is amazing but i so want the whole experience of carrying my own baby or babies. My dr put two embies in the first time, i'm hoping he will put 3 in this time. He said he doesn't like to put 3 in but maybe if we insist he will!
I'm new to this site so hello everyone. I'm currently waiting to have ems transferred - had 17 eggs retrieved on Wed (today Fri) and had ICSI on 9 and IVF on the rest. 3 IVF fertilsied and 7 ICSI fertilised.  This is my second round of IVF - had 19 eggs last time and only one fertilised. No joy. Is it normal for the number of egges to decrese with each attempt? Best of luck to everyone.
I am doing my first IVF.  I went to the doctor after starting ovarian stimulation  and he said my response was low.  He increased my meds (doubled everything (repronex and gonal-f).  Does this work to increase the numbers.
There's nothing to worry about. I just finished my 1st IVF cycle8/7/07 and I had the same problem.  It is likely for your doctor to increase your meds to ensure that you produce enough eggs.  Stay focus and everything will be okay.
Good luck to everyone! Great to hear success and hope stories.. This website and your information is great and i am glad to have found it... i am new to this and just did a retrieval yesterday - i had like 18 follicles, 9 eggs, 5 mature and ICSI'd and 3 lasted to day 1.. i was hopeful for a day 5/6 transfer, but am thinking it will be a day 3 transfer... I am a little nervous as I don't like the idea of the retrieval - even though the meds, shots, drs monitoring etc, and even the retrieval were fine,  i don't like the stimulation piece...anyway now i am debating whether to put 2 or 1 emrbryo in.. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
thanks..I just had my egg retrieval and am waiting for the call from the doctor on how many fertilized.  Pray for me!!  My mother in law and husband have their hopes up that this will work..onthe other hand, I am skeptical.  Been through so much that I am now very realistic.

Thank you once again!!!
good luck on the results of the retrieval.  I just had my transfer on day 3 and am skeptical as well... oh well, now the wait..
Hello everyone.  I'm new to this sight and I am comforted to know that I am not alone.  I had an HSG today and it was confirmed that both tubes are blocked.  I had an ectopic pregnancy once, and knew that one tube was damaged.  I'm disappointed to find that the other one is as well.  The following year after the ectopic, I gave birth to a beautiful daughter and for the past few yrs have been trying to conceive.  I am participating in an IVF study right now in order to minimize costs.  Our health insurance does not cover any IVF treatment, so I was lucky to find out about the study.  I am in the early stages of fertility treatment and have no idea about the quality or quantity of my eggs.  i am nervous about recieving more bad news.  I feel so bummed that most of my friends had such an easy time getting pregnant.  I'm in the dumps now.  Please wish me luck!
Hello, all.  We have male-factor and I'm 39. Egg retrieval was today.  They told me I had 12 follicles going into it, but that 15 eggs were retrieved.  Waiting for the results tomorrow! It is our first cycle and we are doing ICSI and assisted hatching.  We had a slow start to the meds, but increased to 225 follistim, 150 menopur, and ended up going to trigger and retrieve one day earlier.  I'm a little crampy, but in general this has all been much easier than I expected.... progesterone shots start tonight.  Anyone with advice on staying sane over the next few days?  Seems like statistics don't really matter much at this point.  Thanks and best to all.
Hi. We are just starting with the IVF process. The way it looks now we should do our first transfer in October/November time frame. Right now we are trying to decide whether to go with the shared risk program or not. Anyone has any advice? Our insurance does not cover the IVF treatment.
Guess what?  I am pregnant..maybe the praying helped..unsure...but, whatever works....everything is good.  Got my second ultrasound down.  There are some cysts is this normal?
Libbybean-our first (and only) round of IVF they retreived 37 eggs, 28 fertilized and went we got to the day 5 transfer we still had quite a few.   We transferred 2 and then a day later they froze 3 and 2 days after that another 3 so we have 6 frozen and we are pregnant now.  The only thing i didn't like was that they charged us twice for the freezing which i didn't understand before hand that if they froze on different days you had to pay again.  So it ended up being like $740 for the freezing. I find out tomorrow if it's one or two!  Yay!!  I think it's just hard to tell how many your gonna get and how well they will end up doing.  I think anyone who gets enough to freeze after transfer is super lucky!!

Nima Shah-Congratulations! That is super exciting!  I'm not sure about the cysts, but you should check in w/ the dr to find out how that will affect the pregnancy.  
Hi everyone. What a great site!  We started our process with donor sperm and tried 8 inseminations whichthey all did not take. Our first fertility Doc called me after our 1st insemination and told me i was prego...but made a mistake, she called the wrong patient!  I was not pregnate! I was devastated and could not snap out of it.  (This was last October).
We decided to go for IVF... They retrieve my eggs on Tuesday (9/25/07), I have 13 follicles...hopefully more eggs than 13 though...  I am sooooo nervous!  For the shots I had my doc prescribe numbing cream and it works FABULOUS.... ask your doc for it if you are doing shots, it makes a difference.  
Thank you everyone on this site for such positive attitudes....it really helped me to read your stories!

Has anyone done accupuncture before their transfer??  My friends keep telling me to do it, but the thought of more needles just haunts me! HA!
I have been reading this site since my husband & I started trying in March.  In May the Dr. started me on clomid.  I had a high FSH on day 3 (14.9)  (I am 39 - almost 40).  He told me that our odds were very low.  We tried everything.  Each time resulting in only one egg.  We did IUI with each cycle but no pregnancy.  Finally we were ready for IVF in October.  Again only one egg so it was called off.  I was about to try a donor egg when the Dr. said that he had one more protocol to try.  He had only done this with 3 other high FSH patients but they all wound up with babies.  At egg retrieval we had 7 follicals - all 7 mature.  6 Fertilized.  Wound up with 4 good 8 cell embryos on day 3.  All were implanted as the Dr. said that it would be only a 20% chance of having one attach.  Please pray for me. I am at the end of my rope and pocketbook.

I am new to this site and I am just seeking information.  I just turned 40yrs old and I am in the middle of my 1st IVF cycle.  I had my retrieval on Tues 11/11/08 and I am scheduled for my transfer in the morning.  I had 12 eggs retrieved and the office called today informing me that it appears that 8 have fertilized.  I will know how many to insert in the morning but they are leaning towards all of them due to my age.  Any thoughts on this or has anyone else had that many eggs transfered and did you get multiples?

Thanks, Bean Bran
libbybean,

how you are doing? you probably aleady had your transfer and going crazy on 2ww- I have similar situation: male factor, on my second IFV- First failed- retrieved 18 eggs- 9 fertilized, only 1 was good enough to be transferred, negative- low embryo quality. hope everything will work out for you and on a week you will post positive.
Thanks for the encouragement.  I am trying to figure out where to post.  One girl Tina111 informed me the reason I was not getting any response was because I posted to a 2007 thread?? Not sure what that is.  I also don't know what all of the acronyms are but she directed me to something on the right side of the page.  Hopefully I will get all of this firgured out.
I can't believe that you had 19 eggs retrieved and did not get a baby.  I think this is the most devasting part of this process.  It's like you know you have your embies inside of you but you don't know if they are growing and then if they did so well in the dish why don't they do well in you.  It is sooo many questions.
Hi all! I just had my 1st egg retrieval today. I feel fine just a little sore on the left side. Im a little worried now, after reading your comments. I only had 4 on Wednesdays ultrasound and doc said we needed to go ahead with the procedure. Today they retrieved all 4. And now just waiting on tomorrows call to see if any of those fertilized. Right? Im 31 and wouldve liked to see more follicles right? Im confused cause I was on a high dosage of FSH? Please help????
HI
I am 30 years  old. I had my first egg retrieval on 1-st of June I had 25 ovocytes - only one immature - the rest ok - we got 13 embryos.We transferred 3 of them on day 3. I made a HCG test on Friday and it was negative. I still have a little bit of faith that on Monday we will have a surprise but we are not hoping for too much.
MY point was that for one healthy baby you don't need more than one embryo!!!
I was over stimulated - if you asked me it is better to have 4 good eggs instead of 25 with a lower quality.
Good luck!
hi im on my first ivf cycle and was just wondering how you got on?? I got 13 embroys after my egg retrival..
First IVF cycle, had egg retrieval on tueday...had 15 eggs removed..got the phone call today only 1 egg took...very bummed out!!!  
weenie
im 25 this is my first ivf cycle i ave 9 follicles egg retrevial is monday and im so worried , for a younger girl i think i should have more follicles someone help me here
Hi all, I'm new to this. I'm 31 DH49,DD 6yrs. This is my 1st IVF cycle. I had my egg trieval today, i had 7 follicles, ended up gettiing 8 eggs.Awaiting ph call from Dr to see of they or all fertilised. they gonna do 4 IVF & 4 ICSI. Good luck to you all.
I am 34, my husband has a low count, He got TESE done. 1st IVF cylce.
We retrived 11 eggs yesterday, we are waiting for a call. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm 44yo and just underwent my 1st ivf cycle.  I had 36 eggs retrieved.  18 underwent ICSI and 18 without with a final number of 19 fertilized.  ICSI was less successful (go figure). I underwent a day 5 transfer of three embryos and froze two.  We have a week to wait to see if it took.  Hoping for the best.
Yay!! Couldn't wait so I took a urine pregnancy and it says I am pregnant.  I know, I know...but I can't help but celebrate.  One day at a time, right?

That's incredible how many eggs you produced at 44 years old!  Lucky woman!!  Did you try to conceive on your own before IVF?  It seems like, with those results, you'd be able to get pregnant naturally! ?
Just to answer the original question, I only produced 2 eggs in my IVF cycle.  Both fertilized and were frozen.  Both survived the thaw and were graded 1 (1 being the best out of 4).  Both were transferred.  One took:)  Saw the heartbeat and am 7 weeks 2 days pregnant..fingers crossed!
Oh my, I just read your post - transferring all 8 ?!??  No way!  I think the most that's recommended for the 40+ group is 5 or 6.  My 39-year-old friend's doctor transferred all 3 of hers...they weren't good quality so he said she'd be very lucky if 1 took.  Well, they all 3 took and she now has triplets in addition to the two children she already had!  So, transferring 8...?  I would not want to be placed in the situation of being asked whether I wanted to "reduce" any embryos should a high number of them take.  Good luck with your decision - it's a tough one!
hello everyone,
Thank you guys for sharing your experience.  I am 33yrs and had one mc last year after trying on our own, so i am just starting the process of IVF and really don't know what to expect.   I wonder what my chances are and if i can go through this process more than once like some of you ladies have done.  Its so emotional.
I just had my 2nd IVF but only one egg came out and it wasn't mature what are the odds that it wouldn't mature or
Me and my husband have been waiting 2 years and we have our first appointment at the hospital tonight does anyone know  how long after the first appointment you start the injections? I have another appointment on Thursday so things finally are beginning to happen, scared out of my witts thou, but i'm determined to start a family and thats what keeps me going.
From Kim
Howdy everyone

So good to log on and be able to chat with others going through the same thing
5 days ago i went in for egg retrieval ended up getting 8 eggs with 5 fertilising, got a call on 3rd day to say 4 were going well and 1 was slightly behind. Doctor has decided that it would be good to freeze what embryos i have due to fluid in my left tube and he would like to remove it. Very dissapointing as we have been trying for sooo long and feel this is another set back for us but i guess he knows best. Love hearing your stories :)
It is emotional but you need to mentally prepare yourself. When I was going through IUI I told myself that if I got that phone call saying I wasn't pregnant I was going to stay positive and move forward thinking it will happen next time. That is exactly what happened. I just told the nurse that yes I was disappointed but what is my next step? Its a process. My first IVF cycle did not make it to transfer so I'm on my second cycle and made it to transfer this time. I think they say that your chances increases every attempt not just because its simple math and the more you try the better your odds but more importantly each attempt the doctors learn something more. My first IVF cycle did not work because my eggs would not fertilize normally after the first day so the second day they did ICSI. Well they fertilized but then after a few days had arrested. My doctor told me that next cycle we would do ICSI the same day as the retrieval and that the reason he believes it did not work was because of that delay. So bottom line is try and stay strong and know that a failed attempt does not mean it wont work. Wish all you ladies the best of luck. I'm sure you will all be great mothers. Wish me luck too.....I'm in my 2ww. =)
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site.  I am 38 yrs old.  I am on my 2nd IVF, my first one I got a BFN and right now I'm still on stim meds my 11th day. I got a call from my DR office yesterday asking me to lower my meds ( Gonal-F and Menopur) because they did not want me to over stimulate, but I only have 10 follicles at 13 & 14.  I am worried because I was hoping to get a lot more.:( I go for my b/w and ultrasound tomorrow and they don't want me taking any meds until I get the instructions from them.  Dr thinks they will schedule retrieval this Friday.  It has been a long wait. Anyone else stiming for  14days??? I am so happy to find this forum.  

I wish everyone the best of luck and lots of baby dust!!!

I wish you the best of luck on your 2ww. I hope to be there soon and I know it is a torturous wait.  
I am 39. I have tried IUI treatment three times. I am now going to start my first IVF treatment. I am really afraid of another disappointment.The doctor said that I am not producing a lot of eggs. I only produced three eggs during the last IUI treatment. The doctor said that if I produce less than 5 eggs during IVF, the treatment will be called off. I am wondering what is the average number of eggs produced by the average healthy 39 year old woman?
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum but I would like to know if anyone has the same experience as the one I just had. I'm in my first IVF, yesterday I had 9  eggs retrival. Today I've receiced a phone call saying that there is no fecundation yet, they will look again tomorrow and if there is any fertilisation they will do the transfer next Monday. Can the eggs being fertilised after 24 hours of the egg retival?

Is egg the same thing as follicles? Because I am doing iui and have around 8 to 9 follicles on each side but then only 1 or 2 become big. So if you are getting 3 big follicles then maybe that is normal?
No Folicle and egg is different thing.Folicle is a wall like place where egg grow.Suppose you have 15 folicles of required size then retrival of egg would be 60 to 80% so its around 9 to 12.Again fertilisation rate is 60 to 80% so you have only 5 to 7 embroys(fertilised egg) out of 9 to 12 retrived eggs.Again Surviaval of embroy at Cleavage stage(3 day) and at Blasto cyst stage(5 day) is 60 to 70% so at the end you have only 3 to 4 good quality embroy at clavage stage and 1,2 or None at Blastocyst stage.So this is the number game and thats why full stimulated cycle is benefetial compared to MINI ivf.
Hello Everybody,
This is my second full IVF fresh cycle.  First cycle we had 11 eggs, 9 mature 6 fertilized and four were good quality embryos.  We transferred two and froze the other two.  I got a negative pregancy test two weeks later.  After waiting for what seemed an eternity, my husband and I decided to do a frozen cycle and use the two embryos that we had frozen.  After getting to the day that the transfer was supposed to happen, we got the phone call we were dreading, neither embryo had survived the thaw.  We went right into another full cycle and I had my egg retrieval yesterday.  They took out 16 eggs, 12 of which were mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI.  Two were abnormal and now we have 5 embryos that they are continuing to monitor.  We're praying that they continue to divide and we have at least one to transfer.
Don't worry! you will definitely have some nice embies to transfer. and God will bless you with a pregnancy and beautiful babies.  I know how frustrating it can be.  I have had to failed IVFs. I was lucky enough to have 8 frozen embies and I am now waiting to lose some weight per my doctors recommendation, so we can do a frozen transfer and also be blessed with a pregnancy.

I will be 42 in 3 weeks and just had an egg retrieval yesterday from my 2nd IVF cycle. We ended up with 19 mature eggs. Got a call from the nurse this morning to let me know that all fertilized. My first cycle yielded 13 mature eggs and 9 embryos. My period started shortly after the transfer. Praying that all goes well this go around since it is my last.
I am 39 years old this month and have 3 kids from my first marriage. My husband is younger then me and has no children. We've been ttc for 3 or 4 years, doing clomid, gonal -f, iui's etc etc. Just did my first IVF cycle. Stimulated for 12 days and on the 11th day my estrogen went to over 16,000, I have pcos, and had 26 follicles because of it. So, they gave me Lupron to trigger and did a freeze all cycle. No fresh transfer for me :( . But we had 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 began to deteriorate pretty much right away. They froze one embryo yesterday (day 4) froze 2 today and are watching 4 others for another day or so.
After this long ttc it is difficult to stay positive that anything will work!
Congrats to all those with bfps!!!!
I had my retrival on Tuesday and 46eggs were retrieved my Dr said he has never retrieved that much eggs in 15years of practice. 34 were matured and 26 were fertilised (We are doing the ICSI). My problem is that i've been feeling very sick since my retrieval. My stomach is swollen and i feel like i'm carrying alot of air in my stomache.  This is my first round of treatment. Is this feeling usual? I have also gained 4lbs since my retrieval (this is day two). On the day of my retrieval i was so sick in my stomache but the dr said it was because of the eggs and that my ovaries were enlarged because of the Gonal Rf. I had to stop taking the gonal on day 6 instead of day 10. After my retrieval i was told not to take the progestrone treatment because i didnt need it. Is this usual or unusual. I'm really praying and having faith that i take in. My transfer is on sunday. Please pray that all goes well. I'm nervous but also very excited!
Does anyone out there know what their AMH level was prior to starting IVF? I just recieved a call from our dr yesterday and he said my level was really low ... 0.16. I am 38 and we have an apt in 2 weeks to discuss if IVF is an option for us.
Hi, u hava lot of eggs! :) hows ur egg transfer? is it successful? u pregnant?:) how old are u anyway?
My egg transfer is on Monday, i had my retrieval on thursday 25 eggs were retrieve and 22 were matured and 16 were fertilised.
I am also 44 as of Nov 26, 2013 and I just had a mini ivf with Dr. Silber. I had 8 follicles to begin with (prior to meds). Then two more grew but did not have time to mature. They retrieved 4 eggs (good size follicles) and fertilized two with ICSI. Unfortunately I was told Monday (I had the procedure on Friday Dec 13, 2013) that they didn't make it. Now the doctor wants me to have conventional IVF but I thought mini ivf produces better quality eggs. My FSH was 13.8 and AMH (which this doc doesn't go by that) was .16 over a year ago. I also smoked for 19 years (quit 2 months before the procedure. Can I ask if you smoked? I never did anything else but have had a stressful life. Not sure what to do. Spend all that money on reg IVF or try again with the mini?
Hi the first injection is scary because of the unknown but trust me it's ok you will become a pro,I had a panic attack the 1st injection than did it and I was like that wasn't so bad,you will be fine:)