Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
OPK-Clear blue easy fertility monitor VS. First response

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I was wondering which OPK has the best response for ovulation and which one is the cheapiest Lol!! I saw a CLEAR BLUE KIT for $198.00 ( THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! ) and I know that their is a cheaper one around somewhere. any suggestions please : )
I have the clearblue fertility monitor and think it is excellent if you have irregular cycles. I used it a couple of months after my M/C as my cycles were all over the place.

It starts testing from about CD9 and lets you know if it picks up any estrogen - it then keeps testing until it picks up the LH surge and a few days after.

This month I used OPK's and the monitor to make sure it was giving me an accurate result and it was!! The only thing that does annoy me is that it gives you 2 peak days (LH surges) and when I took an OPK on the 2nd peak day it was negative....

The sticks can be quite costly too and get gobbled up easily. You can't force it to take sticks either on random days which is when the OPK's come in handy.

I hit and miss with mine - somedays it will ask for a test stick and I ignore it as know it will come back with nothing - so why waste a stick!! The only downside to that is the machine is programmed to remember your data and it then asks for more sticks next month!!!

If you have irregular cycles I would say yes you would benefit from the monitor but if you know you roughly O on CD14/15 then save your money and use OPK's.. they both give the same results. Good luck with ttc :)
I agree with Debs 40, I am using the Clearblue easy fertility monitor and it does a good job tracking my ovulation, but I sometimes get confused with the two days of PEAK which is generally followed with a day of HIGH as well.

Most home ovulation tests identify the 2 Peak Fertility days during your cycle by detecting the surge in Luteinizing Hormone (LH) that triggers ovulation. The Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor is unique as it tracks 2 hormones to typically identify up to 6 fertile days – it not only shows you your 2 Peak Fertility days, it can also inform most women of an extra 1-5 days of High Fertility prior to their Peak Fertility. Since your partner’s sperm can survive in your body for several days, having sex on all of these days can lead to conception.
Thank you ladies! I'm going to try and save up for 1 ( LOL ) because I really need it, I have pcos and its hard to detect when or if I 'O' so this device would be very helpful to me for concepting. I bought the sticks for fifty dollars and I didnt realize that I had purchased the wrong thing, well not actually the wrong thing but not the clear blue easy device that I needed. When I went back to get it the price was outrageous! But its all for the best I guess. Thank you again ladies : ) I will hollar if I need ya !!!