Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
OPK DISCOVERY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

OPK DISCOVERY

Alright Ladies...

I'm interested to find out if anyone else has noticed this information on an OPK box (instructions section).

After getting a + in the results window, "If one wants to become pregnant, the best time to have intercourse, is After 24 hrs, but Before 48hrs."

The above info is on a DollarTree brand OPK, which I have tested and know is just as good as the "priceyer" (sp?) brands.  

All the info I've read, most notably from the book..."Taking Charge of Your Fertility", says that you should bd during the "wet", which is shortly after AF. Since it's all about the timing & most of us try to make things happen shortly after the +OPK, it seems from this read, it tells you to wait 24 hrs. but make sure you get before the 48. ;o)

Comments, Questions and Discussions are all welcome. ;o)

--Savanha
I would have to disagree with the box. Yes, ovulation will probably happen about 24-48 hours after the positive OPK, but it's always better to have the little swimmers there, ready to go when the egg is released ;-) So I would say BD the day OF positive OPK and then back it up by continuing to BD for the next 2-3 days. Just my opinion ;-)
I respect your opinion Heather & you know men the world over are honoring you as we type. (ha) Thanks for the inputs lady. Oh...check your pm.
Dang - you mean you can get DH to do it on command...I say we gotta BD and he goes all glassy eyed and then cries for the next three days...jeesh. I think I need an upgrade on my whiny model :)
You O within 12-36 hours following a + OPK. Sperm can live for up to 3 days so the day you get a + then the next day is what my RE says to do. I have O'd the same day I got my + before! You can catch it oon the rise, peak or fall. Your egg only lives for 12 hours! Also eggwhite cm is best and had the same properties as seman, to help hold the sperm up there and also nurioush it. Best of luck to you all. You can also use an instead cup to help hold the sperm up close to your cervix. It takes seman 20-60 min to thin out enought for them to start swimming. Best of luck toyou all!
Oooowe Jen...I know you be talking to Heather...she has that Commanding Momma thing on LOCK. (ha) You must share the secret sexy lady. I've got to work on getting my sexy back so that I can be commanding & what not. ;o)

HuGs Ladies,
--Savanha
30someting...

That cup thing sounds VERY useful...thanks for the info. ;o)
Haha! You guys are too funny! I wish I had that power! Although I'm not really feeling that sexy right about now anyway. LOL! Maybe once the baby gets here ;-)

Best of luck to all of you! I hope to hear about lots of BFPs in November!!!

SSBD!