Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
OPK Ovulation Question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

OPK Ovulation Question

I have been using a Ovulation Prediction Kit that uses the strips. In the past only the control line appeared on the stick but today there is a very very faint light 2nd line appearing below the usual line. Does that mean I am about to ovulate?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have never used this kit, but from what I understand, if there is a line besides the control line, it is a positive test. The darker the line, the closer to O, from what I have been told. Good Luck!
Blank
1434731_tn?1382725984
Hi,

I have used OPK's

The test line needs to be as dark or darker then the control line. When that happens that is a positive test!!!!! then you should ovulate between 24-48 hours later.

I always had a slight to somewhat dark test line but never as dark as the control line, meaning I did not ovulate.

All of this is in the direction on the box of test strips (unless you bought online)

I sometimes post pictures of the test to get others opinions of what it looks like to them

Good Luck!!!!!
\Lynn
Blank
1360237_tn?1351819781
Lynniepooh is right. I also used these tests. If its not as dark or darker than the control line it is neg. You should get the ones from wall mart, there clearblue and they have the digital screen. So you will know for sure. Thats what I used. Everyone is always left unsure with just the strips. Good luck
Blank
1434731_tn?1382725984
HI Jroxy,

I also bought the clear blue easy digital 20pk ones with the smiley face or no smiley face so there was no confusion....I did not get a positive test thou   8o(

I was so unsure with the strips, It was so close some of the times that it could have been positive.  I have PCOS so that could effect the test either way!

Blank
1360237_tn?1351819781
Ya those are the same ones I used. I have PCOS and I didnt get my positve either. And that was with clomid. But I have moved on to IVF now and I hope it works. Good luck with everything
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank