OPK vs Monitor
Been trying for 7 months with no luck.  Went to a fertility MD and she told me my thyroid was out of whack - sent me to another MD who has been working on regulating my thyroid.  Had been using the OPK with the smiley face and would get a positive almost every month from day 10-13.  Suddenly, no more smiley face, even though I tested until day 15.  Bought a fertility monitor and decided to use both devices for the first month.  On day 14 the monitor began showing High (not Peak) fertility.  On day 17 the monitor still showed high, but I get my smiley face using my OPK.
Any idea what's going on.  
PS it is day 20 and the monitor is still showing high, and has never shown a peak.
My monitor and I have been having communication problems lately, too. I think a lot of it is that the monitor only uses fmu. I don't think I get a long enough surge to put it to "peak". Some cycles I do, others I don't. But, I'll get positive opks in the afternoons. I think a short Lh surge can definitely not show on a monitor. I opk 2-3 times a day in the normal fertile window so I don't miss it. Sometimes my Lh surge is only detectable for 10-12hrs. I think this cycle I'm resetting my monitor for around 2-5pm to see what happens. Heck, it eats up too many sticks with fmu and hasn't been accurate for 2 cycles. It's worth a shot. Maybe the same is true for you? It won't go peak until it detects the estrogen surge, but high with Lh.
Thanks for your help.  It seems that every slight deviation from the "norm" pushes me over the edge and starts an anxiety frenzy - which I am sure is counterproductive.  Just knowing that I am not the only one having strange readings puts me at ease. Tried talking to a few of my friends, but am tired of hearing the same old advise - "just relax and let it happen".  Easy for them to say while they are chasing their kids around