Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Obsessed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Obsessed?

Is there anyone else in the forum that is absolutely obsessed like I am about having a baby or conceiving?  Sometimes, I forget that a baby is the intended goal because I'm so obsessed with trying to get pregnant in the first place.  IT'S INSANE!!  Its seriously all I think and talk about.  I build our lives' schedules around babymaking.  I say no to certain foods with the thought that it may impede on my fertility.  I am doing so much for this, (and to not sound so bitter) and there are girls in this world that sneeze or sit on the toilet and get pregnant!!!!  I know its not their fault, but darn it...!!!!

Thank you for your time everyone.  Sorry, I think that we're all entitled to lose it once in a while.  LOL  :0)

Sticky Baby Dust to Us All!!!
hey,u r not the only one...we all r in the same boat.Its like there is nothing else to do in life except get preg....whatever our plans they all revolve around being preg...just the thoughts of baby keep circling us all the time...so my friend...u r not alone here...it happens to all of us.....so just hang in there..n trying being positive:)(Though easier said than done,i too m obsessed n am tooo negative in life right now))
I too am obcessed about it.  even the holidays don't matter.   can't try again until January and its killing me.  I wish I could fast foward til then..  so you are not alone we are all obcessed.  LOL  oh well as long as its with a baby and not something bad I think your okay..
You are definitely not alone on that one and I agree, it seems when you are trying to with little or no results, everyone, including your pregnant friend's pet, is getting pregnant. Some say that when you stop obsessing or give up, that is when it will happen. So now, as I wait thru what I am going thru right now, I am obsessing about not obsessing, which is causing me to obsess even more. I think I am going to give myself an absess (abscess) from obsessing, GREAT! now I am obsessing over the absess (abscess) I am going to get from obsessing about not obsessing! ARG!!!!

Are you taking prenatal vitamins? I heard that helps. Best of luck to you :) and take care.
I am obsessing too!!!  It is so hard not to when you want this sooooo bad..... I am in the same situation and if 1 more person asks me when I am going to have a baby, I am going to freak out at them!!!! It is soooo annoying and none of their business......
So I am in the "Obsessing about TTC  Club!!!"  I admit it!!! (isn't that the first step!!! haha!!!
This is my 1st post but it is good to hear I am not alone.  I too am obsessed.  I have  always wanted a baby and it seems everyone but me has been able to experience this miracle. We found out in July we were pregnant.(found out the same time my sister is pregnant with twin boys) We miscarried in August and it is now all I can think about.  I have taken 3 pregnancy tests this week (I should get my period today and my husband and I both thought we were) with no luck.  I know they say it will happen as soon as you dont stress it but come on if you've been there it's all you think about.  Good Luck
I hope that everything works out for you.  I hope you didn't mean what you wrote about this being the end for both of you.  I wish you both all the luck in the world....hang in there.  

Thanks for your support.  I'm supporting you all as well.
Apparently I am obsessed to as my DH informed me yesterday! "Is that all you can think about?" Sometimes, I just don't think he gets it. I think he is ready to throw in the towel, so I am hoping for a BFP before I head back to the dr. Doubt it will happen though. This may be the end for us. :(
Welcome!!! You are right...that is all we think about... My sister and I were also Preggers at the same time...We had been TTC for over 1 year and then we both got preggers at the same time....she carried to term and I m/c at 8 weeks...what made it worse was we were going to announce it at Christmas (last year) and she did and I was still recovering from my D&C... it still hurts me to this day, but it is getting better... SO I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!  good luck to you!!!
Hi Gocougs, these ladies are all spot on. We all feel the same. We're all human and just want to be Mums!
Can I recommend a course of acupuncture or maybe a relaxation CD? I have been doing both those things this month as I got myself in such a state last month that I developed a dreadful skin condistion.
I sat myself down and had a long chat with myself. I told myself that I coule either be stressed or I could be relaxed because either way what will be will be. I opted for relaxed and have done as much as I can to help myself over the past 5 weeks. I'm 14dpo today and feeling a lot calmer. I hope this helps. Try www.heretolisten.co.uk for a fantastic relaxation CD. I have all my fingers crossed for you xxx
Thanks to everyone for making me feel like I haven't gone over the edge with the whole TTC notion.  I'm really excited to get my family started as I'm sure you all are and am saying a little prayer and crossing my fingers and toes for all of us.  I hope that we all reach our ultimate goal of motherhood.  Babydust to all....
((HUGS)) and baby dust to everyone*** Although it may seem like the end, it never really is. Not only am I obsessing over trying to get pregnant, and with this recent ectopic, my Dr. has informed me that I am in a high percentile of having another tubal in the future. I only have one tube, as I lost the other one in 2000 due to yet, a tubal pregnancy, and have had a m/c last may/june. That is all I can think about. When I went in to have this one treated, my b/f opted for me to receive Methotrexate to try to save the tube, but now that I know what my likely hood is of having another tubal, I really regret not taking the surgery. It would have given me the piece of mind that another tubal would never happen, as well as a natural pregnancy at that cost too. It sucks hearing from others "there is always in vitro" (ya, and where I am from it ranges from 8-$10000, I do not have that kind of cash), or "you can always adopt" (would have to apply now, as I believe the lists are long). I know they are trying to be comforting, but to me, at this point, it doesn't stick.
Best of luck to you wonderful people, and parents to be. :)