Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Ok girls, I'm posting here cause we are friends. Everything looks ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Ok girls, I'm posting here cause we are friends. Everything looks good in the TTC side but I have an issue.

Ok girls, I'm posting here cause we are friends. Everything looks good in the TTC side but I have an issue. I have never made Thanksgiving dinner and I need help. My husbands work choose him for a food basket that they give to one guy a year and he gets the whole day off to spend with his family. They choose him because he has a young child at home. How sweet is that. My husband is a self less man. He is always working so hard to provide for the family so I want Thanksgiving to be special for him. So here is what I need... Please tell me how to make a turkey. What can I do will left over Turkey and what side should I make to show him how much i love him?

Thanks for reading this and please don't flag this post friends.
Buy a Reynolds cooking bag! They make it SO easy rub you some butter and poltury seasonig on the top and throw it in the oven, It will tell you on the bag box how long to cook it depending on the pounds! Good luck!
I cook mine in a roasting pot. I rub mayo on the turkey and then shake some salt and pepper on it. Then I add a little water in the pot and stick it in the oven. You check on it occassionaly and baste it. You can look on the turkey packaging for temp and cooking time like kikicoats said.  Most turkey's come with a little thing that pops out when thier done. You can also use the left over juice in the pan (or bag) to make gravy.  Since this is for your DH, make him sides he likes. Some traditional sides are mashed potatos, stuffing, etc. As far as what to do with the left overs, you can make turkey sandwiches or a turkey pot pie. Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
This is a recipe that I found to make Our Turkey tommorow.............

How To Cook a Turkey

The turkey comes out moist and tender and doesn't require basting.
Ingredients
Foil

Roasting pan

Turkey

Stick of butter

Sage

Poultry seasoning

Salt & pepper

Celery

Onion

Carrot

Heinz Turkey Gravy
Preparation
Cover the pan with foil - layer foil about twice the length of the pan lengthwise and widthwise. Set aside. Preheat oven to 450º

Cut off the tail and tear the fat off the legs of the turkey. (The legs may be in a wire, you will have to take them out to get to the fat and the tail.)

Take the bag out that has the liver, heart, and gizards in it. Reach in the cavity and remove the neck. Set aside with heart, liver and gizards.

Wash the turkey inside and out. If there is anything left inside the turkey, take it out and throw it away.

Put the turkey in the pan that has the foil in it. Rub a stick of butter all over the turkey. Sprinkle with pepper, salt, sage, and poultry seasoning.

Put a stalk of celery and 1/4 onion inside the turkey (optional: add a carrot)

Put the legs back in the wire and bend the wings behind the bird. (This will prevent the wings from popping up during cooking and getting burned.)

Cover the wings and legs with foil. Cover the top (breast) with foil. Fold over the foil that is hanging over the sides of the pan. Meet each end at the top and roll down so that the edges are sealed. (This will prevent the juices from spilling. We will use the juices in making the dressing.)

Cook in 450º oven for 15 minutes per pound.

You may want to remove the foil from the top for the last 15-20 minutes to brown the bird.
Cook's Notes

Use the liver, heart, and gizards to make giblet gravy. Boil with 1/2 stalk of celery, 1/4 onion, water - about 30 minutes. Boil the neck with them for flavoring, but then dicard the neck. Cut up the giblets and add to a jar of Heinz Turkey Gravy. Add 1/ 2 jar of water to thin. Use the broth from the turkey when making the cornbread dressing.