Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
On Clomid and Need Advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

On Clomid and Need Advice

Hope I am posting in the right spot....just tell me if I am not.  I am on cd17 after using Clomid 50 mg, this is my first round.  I have not ovulated yet.  I am charting and taking OPK and both indicate it was not happened.  My question is should I be concerned.  I was under the impression that i should have ovulated between cd12 - cd16.  Has anyone ever ovulated later and gotten pregnant?  I do ovulate on my own, but my cycles are long 32-40 days and ovulation occurs between cd18 and cd24.  So, I am taking it to be a little more regular...

Any help would be great!!!  
If your cycles are that long chances are that you haven't ovulated yet. My cycles are about 30-36 days and I usually get a positive OPK on Day 16 so it may be a couple of days yet. I have been on clomid for 5 cycles and it didn't really regulate my periods.
Clomid postponed my ovulation.  Typically I get LH surge on cd12 but with clomid no earlier than cd14 or 15.  I think that it's coming your way soon so get ready!!!

I hope clomid works for you!
Hi I took Clomid this cycle for the first time too. I uss. have a 30-32 day cycle. I didn't O until CD16&17 this cycle. I think it delays everything a little...for me anyway.
And Welcome, you are at the right place
Yes you are in the right spot! I just got done taking my first round of clomid as well and I did O late. I think it is normal for clomid to throw your cycle off a bit even starting AF later than usual.
Welcome to the forum!
i AM ON CLOMID AND i USUALLY DO NOT O UNTIL CD 19
i am on my period right now and get to start clomid in two days. i am excited, and hope it works right away. i have irregular periods. does anyone know if this will help to regulate them?  i hope so, otherwise i may not ovulate even on clomid.  
anyone have any side effects?  anyone get pregnant right away?
i just had my first round of clomid this month too.  i ovulated way late too.  i had to go in for 4 ultrasounds b/c they were WAITING to see my follicle of size and it just wasn't happening when they thought it would.  my doc said if you normally ovulate on your own...sometimes clomid can delay things instead of speeding them up.  best of luck
Hi all, this is the first time i'm posting.  I am currently on Clomid 100 mg days 3-7. This is my third cycle with the first two being on clomid 50mg.  I am so ANXIOUS!!!  I am on CD16 and have not O yet.  I havent even really noticed any cm either.  The doctor has also put me on Estrace to be taken on Day 8-12 and then on Day 18 to start Prometrium.  I do have PCOS and am taken Metformin ER 1500 mg per day.  I have been using the OPK.  Does anyone test 2 x a day?  I have been thinking about doing that so I won't miss the indication of surge.  Also, if I am to start Prometrium day 18 and haven't ovulated yet, shouldn't I hold off?
I bought these really cheap OPK sticks from early-pregnancy-tests website and was testing twice a day.  I also took clomid 100 mg days 3-7.  I hope it works for you!
i am taking clomid as well, i am in my 5th round of 100 mg, and i ovulate on cd 20/21 every cycle. i get my pos opk on day 19 usually, and my cycles are usually 35-37 days long, so i wouldn't worry!!
Post is over a year old. :)
i just started progesterone im on day four of that and already feel like crap lol kinda confused though cause on day 2 which was saturday of progesterone i got a clear positive on an opk now what the heck does that mean lol can progesterone all by itself make u ovulate or is it a false positive due to the med. and if i really did ovulate will that screw me up for when i take clomid in a few weeks? i dunno ne advice u have would be great.
I have taken Clomid on and off for a year. I have been irregular for about 2 years now. I don't believe that Clomid regulates your period. I have alot of questions, because when I do get my period they last anywhere from 9-14 days. I hadn't had my period since December 09, then I got it on March 4th. Spotted for 3 days, bleed heavy for 2.5 days, then spotted again for 3 days. I begain taking clomid on day 3. THEN after the 3rd day that was a Saturday. On Tuesday of that following week, I spotted again. BUT this time it was LIGHT, and I mean so light that you wouldnt have noticed it. sorry if that was TMI. But ever since the middle of March, I have had so many things start. I have been having to go to the bathroom every hour maybe 12 times a day (i have kept count), and my breast hurt so much!I have been OVERLY emotional for maybe 6 days now. I cried watching a cartoon on sat, and yesterday I over cooked the food and bursted into tears. my hubby was like OMG! i am going crazy. But I really dont know what to do. I dont know when the right time to test would be.
I only been on clomid once and i got off after i found i was not preggo i have pcos and i have 3 kids two boys one girl and we want another girl but recently my doc put me back on it im takin provera right now until my period come on then take 50mg clomid so i hope we have success this time
I am very confused, my period is still regular, I have had 3 ultrasounds and results were great, everything was good and ready to go, but I was still not preg. yet.  So this month, I am on Clomid 100mg, I was supposed to take it on day 3, which was yesterday, but I got home late from work and when I realized it was 1am next day, so I took it anyway.  I am so worried that I mess up the schedule for taking it, but the doctor doesn't work on Sat so i can't ask him.  Does anyone know if this is ok?