Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
On Progesterone but Post BBT Low in Luteal Phase

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Just have a question, last month I was on progesterone for the first time cause I had a 6.6 level on CD21. My temps did not stay high till my AF (See chart link) I was traveling and in a much colder hotel room then my home. I showed my RE today and he said he was a little surprised that they were decreasing as the days progressed since I was on progesterone but to not put too much thought into temperature. He was glad that my spotting stopped :)

What do you all think?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/70739.html
I do not have to stop progesterone for my AF to come, she comes when she is ready!! LOL

I was just concerned that since my temperatures do not stay elevated that it means I don't have enough time to get pregnant in my luteal phase. I thought maybe my temps were low becuase I woke up sweating every morning in my hotel room (starting on 9DPO thru AF). I couldn't get the temp right and I think the progesterone was making me really hot at night. Plus I was getting up a good 2-3 hours before I normally do and not getting a lot of sleep.

I have to get a bunch of testing next cycle is I am not pregnant this month (HSG & a endometrial biopsy (ouch!!)) I am hoping I will be PG and I can forget all the testing!! I have never been pregnant and am 34. I really hope some luck comes my way :)

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! That is so wonderful, will this be your first? Were you trying long?
When you are taking progesterone during a regular cycle, do you have to stop taking it for your AF to come?  

I had to take progesterone pills when I had a cyst, but I had to quit taking it for AF to come... The reason I'm asking is because, if you don't have to quit taking it for AF to come, then I would guess it is going down because AF is on its way.. Which is what a natural cycle would do.. (mine at least did),,

If you have to stop taking the progesterone for your level to go down and trigger AF, then I'm not sure why it would go down on its own..

I'm on the suppositories now.. I just started them for low progesterone during early pg...  

What kind are you taking?  Have you had many side effects?  
Yes this is my first viable pg.. I'm 36 and have been ttc for 2 years... 1 year on our own and 1 year with an RE..  I went through ALL the testing also.. for the most part my diagnosis is unexplained infertility although my RE did say the opening of my cervix is really small and that may have been limiting our chances..

I've had 3 IUIs.. I got pg on the first iui but it was ectopic and they removed my right fallopian tube.. 2nd iui got bfn but got bfp on my 3rd IUI.. so hang there.. it is just a matter of time... I always told myself to just keep believing it will happen.. not the way that I hoped, but it will happen.. never doubt it...

If AF comes tomorrow that will mean your luteal phase is 13 days.. That is fine..  13-14 days is totally normal... 12 would be a little short but I don't think it is bad unless is under 10...  

I think the progesterone is making me wake up 2-3 hours early also.. I didn't get home last night till midnight, and I woke up this morning at 5:30 a.m.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your testing... I hope it all goes well for you.. You are seeing an RE, so I think you are moving in the right direction.. Hannah