Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
On clomid ovulated ,missed period but negative HPT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I started clomid on 6/12/2008.day 2-6.done a follicular tracking and my ovulation was 20/12/2008.done day 21 progesteron blood  work done  and it was 56.1.then next period started again 5/1/2009,took clomid day2-6.and opk test positive on 18/1/2009.but still no period and hpt negative.I am really worried what is happening.is there any third option if i ovulted and no period?Kindly help me.
mem
Hi mem610! Well, off of the top of my head, I think there could be two different reasons....

Either you might have had a positive surge, but not ovulated. That can happen, and if so, you might either have an anovulatory cycle or you might have gotten another surge and ovulated later in your cycle. And if you ovulated later, then your period would be late as well.

or...

You might be pregnant, but not have enough HCG in your system yet (maybe due to late implantation?).

If I were you, I would wait a few more days and test again. If you keep getting negatives and still no period, maybe ask your doctor if they can do a checkup.

Best of luck!
Ok, get this I just finished my 2nd round of clomid( 50mg days 5-9)...never got my period this time, called my Dr. he said to wait 1 more week and then they would do blood work.....oh and I had a +opk on day 17 of a 28 day cycle and I still have -HPT and it is passed day 40 of this cycle....so the wierd thing is, is that if I would have had my period on day 29 I would be on day 14  right now of this cycle and I am now REALLY ovulating!  My opk are sooooo dark and I have had 3 days of really dark opk?!?  Has anyone ever had this!?

I missed a period, but I am ovulating as if I didn't miss one at all! This set of OPK are much darker than on day 17 of the last cycle!
Oh, and to add on to what I put above, my nipples have been sooooo tender  and weren't on day 17 of cycle?!
Well after 6 days of ++++OPK tests, they are finally starting to fade and my nipples are not hurting nearly as bad!  I went in to get blood work done today, but it has only been a few days since I ovulated, so I don't what to expect from this test?  Does anyone else?  They did a progest and HCG test.

My girlfriend just got prego and she had 6 days of +opk too?!?
got my blood work back and I did indeed O! Now the waitin game :o)

Wow! What a crazy cycle, huh? Glad to hear you finally O'd, though! Best of luck to you!

:-)
Thanks!  And if anything exciting comes from this I will let you know :o)  The Dr. is kinda baffled by the whole thing too.....but he says it can happen!  
I just want to post my experience thus far, because I know other peoples postings have helped me when I have been trying to find others in my situation....you just want to know that others have experienced the same things and you aren't the only one....and my situation is quite odd, so I hope I can comfort another out there!  :o)