Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
One embryo transfer & pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

One embryo transfer & pregnant?

Is there any one who only transfered one grade A embryo on day 5 & become pregnant?
I m really nervous now & regreting.
I had 2 really nice quality embryo but doc sd to transfer only 1 as it was very good quality, i m under 30 and I was at risk of hyper stimulation.
I m wondering if anyone got pregnant with only 1 embryo tranfer
This is my 1st IVF
Hi. Yes, we only transferred one embryo & I'm 32 weeks pregnant with twins! So, it's definitely possible :) We had 16 viable embryos after fertilization. Two were of the highest quality. We only transferred one embryo because my HSG showed a t-shaped uterus, which could pose a risk for multiples. So, we were surprised to learn we were expecting twins! Stay positive & get lots of rest :) Best wishes!!!
thank you so much.... this means a lot to me.....
you are very close to see ur babies..... wish u good luck........
I actually only had one day 3 embryo transferred, because it was all that I had after only having 2 mature eggs when 7 were harvested....I thought the worst, but it was good quality and I am now 5 weeks pregnant.  So if you have 1 day 5 that is really good quality then I think your chances are really good!! All the best to you!
I also had one embryo 3 day transfer and now I am currently 18 week pregnant with a baby boy.  I felt that same way that you did and all that I could do was ask God to help make this possible and He did.  Just don't stress because its not good for implantation plus it only takes one to stick.  I will be praying for a good outcome.
Thank you everyone ......
I wanted to let you guys know that I am pregnant !!!!! only with one embryo transfer.......
i m so happy..........
so if any one has this situation do not freak out..... it can happen with 1 embryo too !!!!!
Congrats!!!!
Hi Everyone.  I just joined!  And I'm hoping that having some girls to chat with about similiar experiences will help me get thru this.  Nice to meet everyone.

Samy1402, I had a single embryo transfer on Tues, 2/9 - it was graded an "A" blast and it was a day 5 transfer.   Our doc gave us a 50% pregnancy success rate, which doesn't seem very high to me.  But he said that normal people only have a 15-18% chance each month so 50% is high.  To me, it seems like just the flip of a coin...ugh.  

I'm 33, and I too was at high risk for overstimulation.  I ended up with 35 eggs retreived, 24 were mature, 20 fertilized and in the end 13 were of good quality. We ended up with a single transfer and had 3 blasts frozen.

I'm not feeling any symptoms of pregnancy other than sore boobs, but they have been sore since all the injections started.  Should I be experiencing any symtoms (symptoms)?  My nurse told me that I would not feel any symptoms.  Anyone else?

This waiting game is torture!  We go on 2/22 for our blood test.  Any suggestions to keeping yourself sane during this??
Hi SquirrelFish
I was too paranoid after only one embryo transfer...... bt it worked...... so i can understand.......
so not freak out...... it definately can happen.....
3 blast frozen sounds amazing...... n my doc sd that with 2 good embryo transfer there are also chance of dividing them.... so not only risk of twin bt triplets too...... and with twin or triplets.... definately chances of hyper stim is much more......
definately in those early period u do not want to get hospitalized with hyperstim & i hv heard it is really bad.......
still i have no symptoms of pregnany.... so do not worry some people has symptoms some dont......
stay positive...... it definately can happen.......
Samy1402 - you just made my day!  Thank you so much for the positive post...i really appreciate it.  

It's so good to hear that not everyone has symptoms of pregnancy so early - I was getting really worried because I have NONE!  

For us everything has been just perfect so far and I just hope it continues.  I keep asking myself - "how could it not take, everything has gone just as planned?".  Our dr. was super pleased with my response to the drugs (24 mature eggs at retreival), then the good news that we had 5 embryos make it to the blast stage and I was going to do a day5 transfer, then the fabulous news that we had a grade A embie (which I understand from the dr. grade A embies are few and far between, then the fabulous news that we were able to freeze 3 blasts.  EVERYTHING has gone to plan...I just don't understand how this could not work.   I'm just rambling, but it's good to get it out.  Thanks for listening.  

Good luck to you!
gg
hay i had my embryo transfer 5 days ago but the pregnancy test i took home comes up negative why is that does it mean am not pregnant also why i feel so bloating with gas i been like this since the transfer
I had 4 IVF cycle got pregnant twice 2 times i transfer 2 Embroye and one got prgenant with one and lost it at 13 week and one time got pregnant with twins. I listen to my doctors that told me to reduce one baby and everything got complicated. I lost my baby girl at 21 weeks. Now i am on the first cycle since i had 2 D andE my husband didnt want to hear about ttransfering more then 1 embroye at the time. I had 17 fertelized embroye we transfered 1 on day 3. Now i am 2 days post transfer and having saver stomach pain and maybe hyprostimulations syndrome. The waiting time for the blood work is really bad. I told my husband next time i will put 2. I have been trying to have a baby for 2 years. This is exusting. Everyone having babies except from me. I hope this cycle i will get pregnant with one healthy baby. I am so much looking forward to be a mother. I am praying day and night.
i think its hard to see everyone you know getting pregnant but not you...but remember all things works together for good. This is my second Ivf cycle and one embryo was transfered...am a little sceptical about it but am trusting God for a surprise.
M trying m luck too....single... grade one embryo. I am 36 yrs and this is my first attempt. Hope even I add up as an success story to the string above...one  thing for sure, never lose hope and never complain. All izz Welll !!
Thank you I've been freaking out. Hope it works for me too.
How did it go for you ?
I was really scared before I read these comment but mind is at ease now I had one embryo transfer 2days ago good luck every 1 x